TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #751
TheMutt92
IndyFan
 
TheMutt92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,440
I like it... it's different. And not in a bad way. Plus, I have a feeling there may be more to this outfit.
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #752
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMutt92
Plus, I have a feeling there may be more to this outfit.
God, I hope so. She looks more like a Special Ops agent than a super-hero/villain. I'm also afraid she's going to be too much of an ally to Batman, given the bike pic; they need to portray her as a morally ambiguous character.

What I'm hoping is that the "mad scientist" character played by Israeli actor Alon Abutbul is actually Hugo Strange. It's unlikely, but the pics that have been leaked (perhaps intentionally) aren't giving me a lot of hope. After Inception, I don't think any Nolan film could live up to the hype of DKR.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #753
Goonie
IndyFan
 
Goonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 2,066
The costume's tight. I'm satisfied. I am talking about Anne's...
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #754
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
I don't understand what your view is. I never gave an opinion of the suit. I gave and opinion of Kongisking trying to defend everything about the Dark Knight (even the suit,and how it looks in the daytime).

Implicitly you did. Complaining about kongisking defending the suit implies that you think the suit is silly looking. And, as Montana suggests...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I like the practical military application Bat-suit, too. It has more street cred than some previous designs.

...it's hard to tell what would be better. So, I don't think it's silly, save for the part where there's a grown-man dressing up in an outfit inspired by a bat - a part which is inescapable.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #755
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
What I'm hoping is that the "mad scientist" character played by Israeli actor Alon Abutbul is actually Hugo Strange. It's unlikely, but the pics that have been leaked (perhaps intentionally) aren't giving me a lot of hope. After Inception, I don't think any Nolan film could live up to the hype of DKR.
Also, do any of you know if this was de-bunked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E! Online, back in March
...chatting to E! Online, Oldman dropped a hint about the foe in the next Batman movie. "I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics," Oldman said. "It is a Batman villian... It's not going to be the Joker."

So, that's someone other than Bane and other than Catwoman? Oldman wasn't offering more clues, simply adding, "If I told you who the villain was, they'd kill me."

It seems that Christopher Nolan might still have a fair few surprises up his sleeve...
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #756
JP Jones
IndyFan
 
JP Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Space between Spaces
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Implicitly you did. Complaining about kongisking defending the suit implies that you think the suit is silly looking.
I don't think it's silly. Don't tell me what I'm thinking, you're not that intellegent, my friend.
JP Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #757
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
You may be right with some things that you defend, but defending the sillyness of the suit? Let it go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
Don't tell me what I'm thinking, you're not that intellegent, my friend.
Indeed...

Anyway, there seems to be hardly any room for doubt (I was hoping otherwise) that Cotillard is Talia, now:

Last edited by WillKill4Food : 08-05-2011 at 10:56 PM.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #758
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan
 
Indy Scout 117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Posts: 435
heres a slideshow of all the women who have played Catwoman. thought it was cool

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/ent...twoman#slide=1
Indy Scout 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #759
featofstrength
IndyFan
 
featofstrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
The costume's tight. I'm satisfied. I am talking about Anne's...

That "costume" does look tight, probably movement inhibiting in some ways. Though Im guessing she was somehow already familiar with getting into that Bat-pod riding position.....
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #760
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
I don't think it's silly. Don't tell me what I'm thinking, you're not that intellegent, my friend.

So you're nitpicking that somebody is defending something that you yourself have no problem with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by featofstrength
That "costume" does look tight, probably movement inhibiting in some ways. Though Im guessing she was somehow already familiar with getting into that Bat-pod riding position.....

Down, tiger.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #761
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
God, I hope so. She looks more like a Special Ops agent than a super-hero/villain.

A cat-eared cowl would certainly complete her look, and give her a more unique appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
I'm also afraid she's going to be too much of an ally to Batman, given the bike pic; they need to portray her as a morally ambiguous character.

Maybe she stole it! I always like Catwoman portrayed as having her own agenda, though she'll find it beneficial to help Batman at times.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #762
QBComics
IndyFan
 
QBComics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,200
First thought: "This is going to piss a lot of people off."
Second thought: This going to piss off a lot of people off."
Third thought: "It's different, Nolan looking, and obviously not the full thing."

There's no way they'd reveal the full costume this soon.
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #763
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,882
Why must you task us here?


Isn't: http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=304 more your style?
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #764
featofstrength
IndyFan
 
featofstrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by featofstrength
That "costume" does look tight, probably movement inhibiting in some ways. Though Im guessing she was somehow already familiar with getting into that Bat-pod riding position.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Down, tiger.

What? I was refering to her time spent horseback riding in prep for "Ella Enchanted." You're sick!
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #765
JP Jones
IndyFan
 
JP Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Space between Spaces
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
So you're nitpicking that somebody is defending something that you yourself have no problem with.
Yes.

My post was only pointing out that Kongisking cannot except that the Dark Knight isn't perfect, or that Christopher Nolan isn't a God. That's all I was trying to get across. The suit is irrelevent to what I was saying. It gets me a little mad when you tell me what I think, and believe you are right. (jerk).
JP Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #766
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
Yes.

My post was only pointing out that Kongisking cannot except that the Dark Knight isn't perfect, or that Christopher Nolan isn't a God. That's all I was trying to get across. The suit is irrelevent to what I was saying. It gets me a little mad when you tell me what I think, and believe you are right. (jerk).

I wasn't telling you what you thought. I was telling you what it sounds like you thought. There is no way of ever telling the first. The second there's plenty of room to judge.

At any rate, this is a subject best dropped now.

But I dunno, if you're looking for things that kongisking ought to criticize about the movies, I'd go for the obnoxiously blaring score, or the often incoherent action filming, or Nolan's general inability to have fun while also attempting to say something.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #767
featofstrength
IndyFan
 
featofstrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
Christopher Nolan isn't a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
if you're looking for things that kongisking ought to criticize about the movies, I'd go for the obnoxiously blaring score, or the often incoherent action filming, or Nolan's general inability to have fun while also attempting to say something.


Chris Nolan will be tomorrow's Shyamalan, or at least tomorrow's Tim Burton soon enough. One can only wonder what movie poster will cover the spot on the dorm room wall where Joe College once proudly displayed his Inception one-sheet.
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #768
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Scout 117
heres a slideshow of all the women who have played Catwoman. thought it was cool

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/ent...twoman#slide=1

From foxnews.com

Quote:
Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in the 1989's "Batman."


These major 'news' websites almost always have stupid errors like this.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #769
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Nolan's general inability to have fun while also attempting to say something.

This is true of Inception. Nolan took his subject matter so seriously, yet failed to make the premise convincing. A Post-Inception Batman is in danger of doing the same.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #770
JP Jones
IndyFan
 
JP Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Space between Spaces
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
This is true of Inception. Nolan took his subject matter so seriously, yet failed to make the premise convincing. A Post-Inception Batman is in danger of doing the same.
I'm worried about a post-Inception Batman as well, only because nothing Nolan has done, especially with the Batman franchise, has been perfect. With that said, no one has ever criticized anything he's done. I think Inception could've done much better with a more dream-like feel. Does Nolan feel every movie, needs to take place in realistic, boring locales? Frankly, Inception needed a director who could take the audience somewhere besides the "American City" or "Miscellaneous mountain".

My point here is, if we want Christopher Nolan to get better as a director we can't just praise everything he does. While I like most of what he's made, there's room for improvement, and we need to point it out.
JP Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #771
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Jones
I'm worried about a post-Inception Batman as well, only because nothing Nolan has done, especially with the Batman franchise, has been perfect. With that said, no one has ever criticized anything he's done. I think Inception could've done much better with a more dream-like feel. Does Nolan feel every movie, needs to take place in realistic, boring locales? Frankly, Inception needed a director who could take the audience somewhere besides the "American City" or "Miscellaneous mountain".

My point here is, if we want Christopher Nolan to get better as a director we can't just praise everything he does. While I like most of what he's made, there's room for improvement, and we need to point it out.

There's always room for improvement. What I liked about his take on Batman was his exposing of the mechanics behind the myth. It was in a tradition now accompanied by movies like Watchmen and Kick-Ass, or comics like The Ultimates. Nolan was literally recreating the myth of the Batman in a world we could recognize.

With Inception Nolan missed out the mechanics and went straight for myth, requiring a big "leap of faith" on behalf of the audience.

Somewhere in the middle is the perfect balance: a Batman who is mysterious, with abilities verging on the supernatural, yet based in the mechanics of a human world.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #772
JP Jones
IndyFan
 
JP Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Space between Spaces
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
There's always room for improvement. What I liked about his take on Batman was his exposing of the mechanics behind the myth. It was in a tradition now accompanied by movies like Watchmen and Kick-Ass, or comics like The Ultimates. Nolan was literally recreating the myth of the Batman in a world we could recognize.

With Inception Nolan missed out the mechanics and went straight for myth, requiring a big "leap of faith" on behalf of the audience.

Somewhere in the middle is the perfect balance: a Batman who is mysterious, with abilities verging on the supernatural, yet based in the mechanics of a human world.
BINGO!
JP Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #773
roundshort
IndyFan
 
roundshort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 4,055
Now I have to see this movie. With Bill Cowher and 12 Steelers aging football players at Heniz Field.... Well something will be good! Go Steelers!
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #774
featofstrength
IndyFan
 
featofstrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 757
y'know...as much as I hate "reboot" and what it means to most movies, I won't fight it when the next Batman rolls in and we can forget all this silliness. Just a few years more...
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #775
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by featofstrength
y'know...as much as I hate "reboot" and what it means to most movies, I won't fight it when the next Batman rolls in and we can forget all this silliness. Just a few years more...

See, here you lose me. I think the Batman series is very engaging. It's just white elephant art - too self-serious along with the good.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.