Wested Indy Hero Jacket questions

IndyJones_36

:hat:

Hey, guys! I'm new here and have questions regarding Wested's Indiana Jones "Hero" leather jacket. I've spoken to a rep there and I feel like I'm getting contradictory statements about the fit.

I just want to know if the fit is accurate to what one would normally wear and if the shrunken lamb looks as good as it does on their site. Also, do you feel that the pattern is finally right? I've ordered from Wested in the past and have been let down before, so I would like to avoid it this time.

Can anyone help me with these unknowns? Thanks!!!

micsteam

Here's the thing, when you buy a general size even a 38 or 40 or 42 it's an off the rack jacket. I think you should spend the money and get a custom jacket by Wested, talk to them again and find out exactly how much and what measurements they need. Wested is an excellent jacket manufacturer and they offer great jackets at reasonable prices, compared to Bill Kelso, Nowak, etc. (excellent jackets but extremely expensive but you get what you pay for). I have an older Wested jacket in a 40 size and it's perfect at the shoulders but a little long in the sleeves and too short for me, I'm 5'7" if it's short for me imagine what it'd be for a guy 5'11" or 6' !! Look it's a short jacket to begin with but here's your tell, the jacket should end just above the pants pockets that's if you're not wearing the pants jacked up to your rib cage or down around your ass. Hope this helps. :hat:

Last edited:

IndyJones_36

micsteam said:
Here's the thing, when you buy a general size even a 38 or 40 or 42 it's an off the rack jacket. I think you should spend the money and get a custom jacket by Wested, talk to them again and find out exactly how much and what measurements they need. Wested is an excellent jacket manufacturer and they offer great jackets at reasonable prices, compared to Bill Kelso, Nowak, etc. (excellent jackets but extremely expensive but you get what you pay for). I have an older Wested jacket in a 40 size and it's perfect at the shoulders but a little long in the sleeves and too short for me, I'm 5'7" if it's short for me imagine what it'd be for a guy 5'11" or 6' !! Look it's a short jacket to begin with but here's your tell, the jacket should end just above the pants pockets that's if you're not wearing the pants jacked up to your rib cage or down around your ass. Hope this helps. :hat:

I did speak to them and they said that the "Hero" jacket will never be tailored, period. Now, I looked to order online and there doesn't appear to be any customization other than interior material, sleeve length and back length. I was told that the "Hero" is a tighter fit in the body, which is fine with me. The jacket I have now, is tighter to the chest, but pretty big around the middle so I have to cinch up the back quite a bit.

micsteam, your point about going custom is quite valid, of course. If I'm spending the money, may as well get it tailored. But, as I've been told by Wested, there is no tailoring the "Hero". But, maybe it doesn't need to be.

I would sure like to know other people's first-hand experience with the new offering so I know for sure if it's worth it. Although, Wested (in the past, anyway) is no stranger to quality issues, no matter what appears to be the norm. :rolleyes:

Kt Templar

That's right, normally if you know your chest size, the only parts that need adjusting are the sleeves. Back length if you are much taller or much shorter than average.

I would tend to err on the side of caution on ordering too short on the back length. You can live with a jacket that is too long, but too short can feel really exposed.

Look at the few pic of Ford standing upright but relaxed. The jacket fall a little longer then is the general forum consensus which is too strongly (IMO) influenced by the images of him in hunched over and 'actiony' poses that pull the jacket higher up the body.