General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Texas

The fat lady still hasn't sung when it come's to the possiblity of Indy 5. Thankfully Lucas is done with Red Tails so hopefully his full attention can be paid to getting Indy 5 made.

Captain Craig

I'm among those still hoping for an Indy 5.
I'm also among those who like KOTCS. It's every bit an Indy movie and no more silly than "holy boxes fire", "sacred stones of fire" or "cups of eternal life". Those who draw the lines at "beings who live in spaces between the spaces" are just being obtuse. That doesn't mean I want more of that it just means it's not anymore out of place thematically. Sorry, it just isn't.

I'd like an Indy 5 to have less Mutt, maybe he is off at school getting serious about the family business and only helps from afar. I'm all for Harrison's Indy having a Stallone like Rocky Balboa, end on a high note agreed to by all.

Dr.Jonesy

replican't said:
Oh please. I went to that thread - designed for hating - and discovered you had posted words suggesting you couldnt understand hating the film.

From which, I take it you enjoy Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

Me, I don't, and i'm perfectly entitled to criticise it in this thread when someone suggests it is part of a series of 'great, iconic films'.

Really? Great? Iconic???

Bit of perspective needed here mate, bit of perspective.

Jeez...you went on the fiery offense real quick there and was quite unnecessarily rude.

I'll say it again; Thanks Steve, George and Harry for 4 great, iconic films!
:gun: :hat:

How do you like that?

It's true.

Lego Indy

Texas said:
The fat lady still hasn't sung when it come's to the possiblity of Indy 5. Thankfully Lucas is done with Red Tails so hopefully his full attention can be paid to getting Indy 5 made.

Yes. I have not given up hope for one more. The final chapter in a great series. (y)

Indy's brother

Lego Indy said:
Yes. I have not given up hope for one more. The final chapter in a great series. (y)

Oh, the potential to create (at least) one last romp for Indy to send the character off with some real class is still there for sure. The character is a goldmine, and with some restraint in some places, and some willingness to get more brave with hurting Indy/conveying a true sense of threat, there is no doubt in my mind that an exciting and memorable film could be made to get this franchise back on the rails.

There seems to be little of the needed sense of urgency to do so. As it is, striking while the fire is hot is kind of out the window since reintroducing the character over 3 years ago. There's been little, if any, attempt to keep the public interested in the idea other than not shooting it down completely (Kathleen Kennedy's comments aside).

My enthusiasm for a 5th is still there, it's my belief in it's eventuality that is waning.....I've been given too little to sustain my faith.

The Drifter

replican't said:
Oh please. I went to that thread - designed for hating - and discovered you had posted words suggesting you couldnt understand hating the film.

Me, I don't, and i'm perfectly entitled to criticise it in this thread when someone suggests it is part of a series of 'great, iconic films'.

Really? Great? Iconic???

Just pointing the clueless in the right direction. Just my good nature, and all that. Know what I mean?

Darth Vile

replican't said:

Really? Great? Iconic???

One great movie. Three good movies (of a fairly similar standard). A great character and a great franchise... the sum of its parts etc. etc.

Texas

When is Lucas gonna give the fans an update on Indy 5's progress or lack of progress? He was conspicuously absent for the Raiders screening with Harrison and Steven. Any kind of news would be great to hear.

moon_tan

Texas said:
When is Lucas gonna give the fans an update on Indy 5's progress or lack of progress? He was conspicuously absent for the Raiders screening with Harrison and Steven. Any kind of news would be great to hear.
George Lucas is concentrating on the re-release of Star Wars, Episode 1: The Phantom Menace in 3D, February 10, 2011.
Perhaps after the release, Lucas will offer some further information on Indiana Jones 5. Steven Spielberg is filming "Lincoln" with Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field. Perhaps he will say something during the release of "Lincoln" in late 2012.

moon_tan said:
George Lucas is concentrating on the re-release of Star Wars, Episode 1: The Phantom Menace in 3D, February 10, 2011. Perhaps after the release, Lucas will offer some further information on Indiana Jones 5.

Sad to say, but I think at that point he will be concentrating on the re-release of Attack Of The Clones...

Indy's brother

If anything solid was cooking on Indy 5, Spielberg and Harry would have said something more substantial at the ROTLA screening last month. Indy 5 is a sinking ship, and only the tip of the stern has yet to go under. It saddens me to no end. This could have been the greatest comeback in the history of cinema. What a waste of this legendary franchise.

George Lucas: Prove me wrong, and get this thing happening.

Please.

Last edited:

FedoraStyle

Indy's brother said:
If anything solid was cooking on Indy 5, Spielberg and Harry would have said something more substantial at the ROTLA screening last month. Indy 5 is a sinking ship, and only the tip of the stern has yet to go under. It saddens me to no end. This could have been the greatest comeback in the history of cinema. What a waste of this legendary franchise.

George Lucas: Prove me wrong, and get this thing happening.

Please.

Why does Lucas have to be the one to come up with an idea for Indy 5 anyway? Reading these forums, there are a lot of people who have viable ideas for how a 5th adventure could happen. Speilberg and Ford are ready and willing. Lucas obviously isn't interested, so I say let someone else come up with with Indy 5 and let Lucas collect royalty checks with an executive producer credit.

Besides, taking into account how he's treated the Star Wars franchise and KOTCS, I honestly don't trust Lucas to come up with an idea for a new Indy movie.

RedeemedChild

Kernunnos said:
Tintin the new Indy?

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in all my life.

Shia has more chance of being the next Terminator than bloody Tintin has of taking the place of Indy in the public's collective heart.

Well TinTin has the essence and soul of Indiana Jones within in to some degree in my humble opinion. I just want a new Indiana Jones movie but I still fear Ford won't do it. Hugh Jackman might be the new Indiana Jones.

Montana Smith

RedeemedChild said:
I just want a new Indiana Jones movie but I still fear Ford won't do it. Hugh Jackman might be the new Indiana Jones.

I like Jackman. He'd be the right age for a 1940s outing.

hugh-jackman.jpg

RedeemedChild

Montana Smith said:
I like Jackman. He'd be the right age for a 1940s outing.

hugh-jackman.jpg

I agree. That's a totally spanking image u got there to Montana!

I really hope that if they retire H. Ford as Indiana Jones that they'll go with H. Jackman as Indy. I also wonder if they are going to go forward with the Uncharted movie as news has gotten quiet on that front.

Montana Smith

RedeemedChild said:
I agree. That's a totally spanking image u got there to Montana!

I really hope that if they retire H. Ford as Indiana Jones that they'll go with H. Jackman as Indy. I also wonder if they are going to go forward with the Uncharted movie as news has gotten quiet on that front.

The only trouble is, going for an actor already in his forties might preclude much 1930s action (knowing how long it would be for such a recasting to come about).

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
I should close this thread on general principle.

It's over.

It is over, for the forseeable future.

The rumours were just, well, just rumours.

Yet the possibilities are endless!

Under normal circumstances it's not over until the fat bird sings.

In this case, however, it's not starting until the fat bloke croaks! :dead:

RedeemedChild

Montana Smith said:
Under normal circumstances it's not over until the fat bird sings.

In this case, however, it's not starting until the fat bloke croaks! :dead:

LOL! That is like the truest statement in this situation. However, I don't know if George Lucas or Steven Spielberg EVEN care a HILL of beans about Indiana Jones.

Spielberg has moved on and returned to Dinosaurs in Terra Nova and has gone on with Tin Tin while George Lucas is busy with faries, Star Wars and rumors of a Dark Crystal revival.

It looks as if Indiana Jones is almost a dead horse. I guess Uncharted, The Lone Ranger and John Carter of Mars can tide us over until someone rescues Indiana Jones from the sands of forgetfulness.