Short Round's Hat?

Nurhachi1991

Does anyone have Short Round's Yankees Cap? Did they even make this style of hat? I always figured it was a 1935 Yankees hat but i have never seen anything close to his

eroc

The Metropolitans

It's a Mets ball cap.

shortround_2.jpg

nevermind...the Mets weren't est. until 1962. guess it was an original yankees logo.

baberuth.jpg

icbargains-img475x490-babe_ruth_yan.jpg

hmmmmm?

Last edited:

ultraman7k

in the 'lost diary' doesn't indy make a remark that he's gotta get short round his own hat for chinese new years cause he keeps wearing his?

DocWhiskey

For some reason i think they're the same, but the 2nd link has a better image. So, I'd go with the 2nd link. I want one too now lol.

Nurhachi1991

I dunno the 1st one looks older more like how Short Rounds was but im not sure there great hats!

Only thing is I hate the Yankees!!!!! I'm an Angels fan

eroc

i don't think any of them look like the Shorty version. hmmmmm... What a great question for the costume designer. Who played the part for TOD, and what year does the ball cap come from? :confused:

someone should ask Cliff at Cheers!

Jim Tigernuts

They look pretty close to me, but someone at Club Obi Wan (indygear.com) had a baseball cap custom made to look exactly like Shorty's. For his girlfriend if I recall.

ILoooooveCamels

I think the picture of Babe there makes the official cap look like the pinstripes are broader, like the first link. But I guess they're thinner on Shorty's.

Shorty's looks like it might have been hand-made, to me. It looks kind of sloppy, like it doesn't really have a shape (the bill looks soft, particularly), and the logo looks a little off to me compared to the Babe picture. Plus, I can imagine that there weren't official reproductions in '84/'85.

ReggieSnake

In the Temple of Doom novelization they seem to make a point of Short Round being a Yankees fan, though that wouldn't mean he doesn't have a Giants Cap; it certainly looks more like the Giant's symbol than the Yankee's at the time, at least according to the Wiki.

G-Man

This site seems to sell them...

http://www.ballcap.com/

Just select New York or Giants from the city or team drop down search menus...

It looks like either the 1919 cap...

NYN19H.GIF

Or the 1922 cap...

NYN22R.GIF

These images are from their site...