Captain America: The First Avenger

Mr Jones

RedeemedChild said:
Official Captain America: The First Avenger promotional image!

captain-america-movie-costume-2.jpg

Looks Pretty Cool to Me :D

Nurhachi1991

Dang I want to the the old school over the top Cap

Punching out Japs and beating Nazi's brains in....

Cap is a reflection of the past and he reflects America back when it had balls....

Now we cant do anything without fear of offending some group of people -_-

roundshort

Nurhachi1991 said:

Cap is a reflection of the past and he reflects America back when it had balls....

QUOTE]

Yes the Bright Red, White and Blue is very combat tactical...

Montana Smith

roundshort said:
Nurhachi1991 said:

QUOTE]

Yes the Bright Red, White and Blue is very combat tactical...

At least he has a good pair of stout military boots...

The helmet affair looks like a swimming cap and goggles.

Come on Joe Johnston!

“Hugo Weaving has been in the Red Skull effect, in costume for a couple of weeks now and it’s a hell of a lot of fun. We gave people a little taste in San Diego about what his character will look like but now that we’ve started to work with the actual skull it’s going to be a lot of fun and a rather frightening villain.”
captain-america-movie-costume-shield-570x331.jpg

Captain America: The First Avenger features Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull alongside Chris Evans as Captain America, Neal McDonough’s Dum Dum Dugan, Tommy Lee Jones, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Come on Joe Johnston!

captain-america-movie-costume-shield-570x331.jpg

Captain America: The First Avenger features Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull alongside Chris Evans as Captain America, Neal McDonough?s Dum Dum Dugan, Tommy Lee Jones, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

Now that image looks very promising. "An iron horse I ride..." with a holstered Tommy gun (?) up front!

YouNeverKnow

God I hope this movie delivers. I'm not sold on the Human Torch being Cap, and I went into The Wolfman earlier this year expecting great things....which was not the case.

Paden

YouNeverKnow said:
God I hope this movie delivers. I'm not sold on the Human Torch being Cap, and I went into The Wolfman earlier this year expecting great things....which was not the case.
Although much of the news about the movie has sounded promising, I have to admit that the casting of Evans has been the main issue that has caused me concern. I primarily associate him with more lighthearted/comedic roles, which is not the tone I associate with Captain America (nor does it sound like that is what the filmmakers are aiming for). Perhaps Evans has a greater range than I'm giving him credit for. I certainly hope so. For the time being, I'm holding out high hopes and a healthy amount of trepidation about the final product.

TheMutt92

First Official Image of the Suit!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/28/captain-america-image-shows-chris-evans-cap/

Here?s a first: a shot of Chris Evans in costume ? the real costume ? as Captain America. We?ve seen concept art, we?ve seen images of the actor in character wearing street clothes, and we?ve seen shots of a stuntman in the suit. Some Comic Con attendees got to see a brief bit of costume test footage. But for everyone else, here?s the first shot that really matters: Evans suited up and looking very much like? Nathan Fillion?

chris-evans-cap-cover-enlarged.jpg

Joe Brody

I'm an old-school Captain America fan, and I like it. There's a lot going on in that image.

It's-Norman-Rockwell-everyman-as-Cap-with-real-world-authenticity (the web-gear) -- with just a dash of Hi-tech (the shield -- which is presumably courtesy of Stark industries).

I don't know anything about the clown playing Cap -- but the Norman Rockwell look is better than the bland blonde Steve Rogers of the Comic books.

Paden

I have to admit the image from Entertainment Weekly looks promising. As Joe pointed out, it looks interestingly "plausible" for a superhero outfit and does a nice job of reflecting the style of the forties. The slashfilm pics also seem to suggest a good sense of the period and a healthy dose of pulp flavor. I honestly hope that the production retains the pulp feel, ala The Shadow or Doc Savage, throughout. Keeping the tone consistent with the original Kirby/Simon stories would, at least in my humble opinion, be the best way to do true justice to the character. I'm honestly encouraged by what I see. (y)

Montana Smith

I like the fact they went for the blue painted steel helmet, rather than that odd concept cowl.

Though the GI-looking gear could be a transitional uniform, before he emerges in a finalized uniform.