Flash, Arrow and Gotham

indyclone25

hi all been awhile since i posted anything, especially since it isn't indy related. just wanted to know since marvel is getting a lot of press for it's movies i was wondering what you think of dc's television shows? this year saw the revival of the flash television series. i think it has very good writing and the effects are very much in line with movie quality work. i know arrow is on its third season , but i just caught up with the first two and missed the first ten episodes of this season ( which i'm hoping will be on netflix soon). finally gotham , well written stories and quite the different turn on the batman mythos. so let me know what you like or dislike about the shows, cause next season we have supergirl and legends of tomorrow coming from dc.

TheFedora

Admit I do watch the Flash, and Gotham. Only ever watched one episode of Arrow (because there was a Flash crossover with Arrow) not really interested in it otherwise. Gotham has mostly dissapointed me, it doesn't know what it wants to be. The Flash is the better show by far.

Duaner

I am intrigued by Flash and Arrow, but have not found the time to watch them. I was always a DC superhero fan as a kid, so I think I would probably like them. I was never a fan of Smallville though and I think I was always afraid that these shows would be similar to that one, but I've been told that is not the case. I watched Gotham from the beginning. It first intrigued me, but as the season progressed, I grew to hate it. I grew tired of the overuse of the Batman villains. I hate Fish Mooney and there was way too much of her. In the end, I thought the storylines were just a little too dumb and hokey. I don't watch anymore.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
So the Marvel television universe actually has made a pretty interesting home for itself on Netflix, using 13-episode seasons to dig into a superhero's world, pushing out against its implications of the character's concept in greater depth than a film can. Luke Cage deftly and powerfully uses its lead hero and the iconic neighborhood of Harlem to dig into black culture and contemporary black issues; what I've seen of Daredevil is stylish, guilt-suffused, but draggier; Jennifer Jones is reportedly very good and Iron Fist, well, it's too early to tell.

They're all too long, sometimes struggling to fill 60 minutes, which relegates them to background viewing for me, but I'm intrigued by what they're doing just the same. (The four heroes will be brought together in joint miniseries, The Defenders, not unlike their counterparts on the big screen.)

otto rahn

I watch "Flash" and "Arrow" but not "Gotham". I like "D C's Legends Of Tomorrow" as well . Oh and Happy St Barbara's Day (Dec 4) everyone.

IndyBuff

I only watch Gotham. Each season has gotten better and it feels like they're starting to find their footing.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
George Lucas is the new Abe Lincoln, who time travelers are always visiting. (In Lost, Hurley wrote him an improved script for Empire Strikes Back.) Legends Of Tomorrow's Spear of Destiny episode:
During the New York attack, Rip recovered the Spear from the Waverider and used the time drive to escape. In the present, the team learns about the Spear and arrives in Los Angeles, 1967, when they confront Darhk and Malcolm attempting to kidnap Rip, who has no memories of his previous adventures and is training with George Lucas. Both parties escape; and Rip is arrested by the police. The team abducts him from custody and takes him to the Waverider. Nate and Ray are revealed to have lost their specialties and powers since the aberration caused Lucas to quit filmmaking. While Nate, Amaya and Ray meet Lucas to dissuade him, the others learn that Lucas has a fragment of the Spear. Darhk and Malcolm overpower Amaya's party and forces them to search for the fragment in a dumpster. The others arrive and a battle ensues, during which they recover the fragment and the Medallion; but Rip is abducted by Thawne, who intends to torture him to find the other fragments. Lucas returns to filmmaking; and the team vows to rescue Rip. Meanwhile, Mick tells Stein about his hallucinations, which the latter eventually interprets are emotional, not neural.

TheFedora

Moedred said:
George Lucas is the new Abe Lincoln, who time travelers are always visiting. (In Lost, Hurley wrote him an improved script for Empire Strikes Back.) Legends Of Tomorrow's Spear of Destiny episode:

Funny thing is at the end of that episode there are several Indy references. One of the heroes outright states his goal in becoming a historian was watching Raiders of the Lost Ark...

And at the end they all sit down to watch some Lucas movie and one of them is Raiders, I think.