Henry Jones Sr. And Elsa......

Adventure Girl

Okay what the heck is goin' on there?! He's old enough to be her father! Perhaps even grandfather! That's just not right. I know she was probably trying to manipulate him into trusting her all that crap but I thought that he was a gentleman! Anyone else agree?

Montana Smith

Adventure Girl said:
Okay what the heck is goin' on there?! He's old enough to be her father! Perhaps even grandfather! That's just not right. I know she was probably trying to manipulate him into trusting her all that crap but I thought that he was a gentleman! Anyone else agree?

All those stern and saintly wifeless years finally turned Henry into a dirty old man.

Who could really resist the charms of Elsa, though?

Dr Bones

He's only as human as the next man....assuming the next man had also been voted made the sexiest man in the world.

The quest for the grail is not archeology, it's a race against evil....to be first to bed the young blonde. (y)

:hat: to you Sean ole boy.

mister64

Indy's double-take after Henry says "she talks in her sleep" was one of the funniest bits of the movie!

Henry probably had a high opinion of himself, being able to attract Elsa at his age, but it was more for Elsa to get closer to the Grail.

AnythingGoes

Montana Smith said:
It was also a big nod to Connery's role as the serial womanizer, James Bond (or should that be Jamesh Bond?)
Love the Connery accent!:D I would think Henry thought himself a lucky son-of-a-{bleep} for being able to bed a sexy blonde! Then again...Henry can be a bit concieted at times!;)
:whip:

DocWhiskey

Adventure Girl said:
Okay what the heck is goin' on there?! He's old enough to be her father! Perhaps even grandfather! That's just not right.

Like father like son....

wvtvsk.jpg

Montana Smith

AnythingGoes said:
Love the Connery accent!:D I would think Henry thought himself a lucky son-of-a-{bleep} for being able to bed a sexy blonde! Then again...Henry can be a bit concieted at times!;)
:whip:

Thinking of Henry's often stern, serious and devout character, as presented in the opening sequence of TLC (and continued excellently in the Young Indy series), I think that he saw Elsa as potentially something more than a one nioght stand. She seduced him for information, but Henry being Henry didn't see that.

Imagine if he'd married Elsa, and she became Indy's step-mother...

DocWhiskey said:
Like father like son....

wvtvsk.jpg

In this photo Harrison reminds me of Tom Wilkinson (Falcone in Batman Begins)

tom-wilkinson.jpg

Last edited:

Brooke Logan

Montana Smith said:
Who could really resist the charms of Elsa, though?

Exactly. Even the married Donovan was vulnerable to Elsa, to the point of not following his own advice and trusting her, which cost him his own life. She's a charmer.:)

I say she needs to be alive and after pulling some stunts to break up Indy and Marion, she should have an affair with Mutt. Then she'll have had all the Jones boys.:cool:

As for Henry, very few older men would reject a young woman. My niece proved that, she has a thing for older men and none of them resisted her advances......

Mud Jones

Adventure Girl said:

:gun: That era of life actually wasn't any more moral as today. Yes, it probably upsets females more (I'd wager on average) that men of ALL ages are attracted to women of a legal age, but then again, back in the 20s and 30s there were unknown numbers of such pairings and marriages that took place. Sometimes by women wanting the ability to have a lifestyle and sometimes by men who merely wanted to bed the broad and wear her out. Just sayin'