Wested Indy Jackets

Glenville86

Am going to order a Wested Indy Jacket in Goatskin this week.

Have been looking at both the Raiders and Last Crusade/Crystal Skull Jackets and since these are made to modern fitting standards, is there any difference in the jackets other than the snaps on the front?

Wested also told me when I order to get my normal jacket size which is a 48.

Glenville86

I went back to their site again and it is stated for the Raider:

"The jacket itself sports a smaller and rounder collar than the Last Crusade and doesn?t have the two press studs at the top and bottom of the collar."

Looks like the collar and snaps then.

Glenville86

Still wondering about the sizing. Wested said to order my normal sport coat/suit size which is a 48. Asked the same question on another forum and got a recommendation to order a 50 or 52.

jsarino

Have you tried contacting Wested directly? Are the off-the-shelf Westeds not sized exactly?

Glenville86

jsarino said:
Have you tried contacting Wested directly? Are the off-the-shelf Westeds not sized exactly?

Wested advised me to order my normal size for a suit or sport coat. I have just read so many experiences with people saying to go up one in size to give some room for layering that I am concerned. Just don't want the hassle of returning it for exchange.

jsarino

Glenville86 said:
Wested advised me to order my normal size for a suit or sport coat. I have just read so many experiences with people saying to go up one in size to give some room for layering that I am concerned. Just don't want the hassle of returning it for exchange.

Yeah, I'd be concerned too. Anyone with Westeds here want to chime in? :)

Glenville86

I actually just went ahead and got the size 50. If anything, it will be a good fit or just a tag big in the chest which is fine.

I asked the same question on COW and got a couple answers. One fella said I should order a custom and the other who has a Wested recommended to go up one or two sizes if I wanted a less form fitting jacket I could layer with.

Worse case scenario is I will just have exchange it.;)

jsarino

Glenville86 said:
Worse case scenario is I will just have exchange it.;)

Or start a collection. ;) I did see your post over at COW...at least it got you in a direction. :)

Drones33

I'm sure it'll be fine. I wear a 38 to 40 jacket usually, but my Wested is a 38 because I wanted it to be quite snug. If I fasten it it's a little too snug to layer up, so I probably should've gone slightly bigger, but with a shirt or a thin sweater it fits fine.
Let us know how it is when it arrives. (y)

Major West

Got my first Wested jacket this week. A Raiders Lambskin. I'm just under a 43" chest and so ordered the 44" size. Anyway turned out to be a perfect fit. I love the feel of the jacket and wearing it. My favorite jacket ever I think. Looking forward to wearing it in and maybe in the future purchasing more. :whip: :gun:

Joosse

Had a goatskin for years. Really comfortable, sturdy and fits like a grove.

Great for wearing every day.

(y)

Texan Scott

I asked Peter once about the differences and he said they are entirely different in terms of the pattern. There is a difference in fit and the way it is configured, between a Raiders and a LC. The Raiders jackets, especially the Hero, incorporates most all the quirks, the off the shoulders effect, the larger off the neck collar. the way it is configured makes the jacket feel like it wants to slide off your back. It is made to look and its action is more like the original movie jacket. The LC is more correct fitting, like a typical OTR jacket. What is the difference? The LC type jacket shoulder seams fit on top of the shoulders, whereas the Raiders shoulder seams fit off center of the top of the shoulders and toward the back. The sleeve seams fit closer to the natural break. The seams of the sleeves on a Raiders jacket have been rotated slightly as to be offset from the yoke seam, so these are the major issues.

To avoid the quirks, order a RoLA pattern, which is the older style. It too is a more correct fitting jacket.

Last edited:

Major West

I decided I wanted a LC Jacket and actually drove to Wested to get it. Only a 20 minute drive for me. Luckily they had what I wanted in stock. A 42" LC jacket in lambskin. Tried it on in the store and bought it. Actually really like it. Good fit, looks great. Nice for winter.

Thinking of getting a ToD jacket next, which of course is custom only. Any custom mods I should request for this?

Texan Scott

Post some photos if you could? I'd like to see the new lambskin leather?

The ToD of course had the little pockets and wide yoke, but it depends on how they make them. Did you happen to see any when you were there?

Major West

Here we are. Off the shelf size 42" "Crusade Jacket" in Lambskin. I'm not costuming with it. It's a jacket for every day wear so I'm happy with it.

LCjacket_Comp.jpg

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Great jacket, it looks very good on you. For me this is the only jacket any Indyfan should have. :hat:

Major West

Thanks guys. It is a great a jacket to wear. Comfortable, substantial. It's my favorite of the two jackets to wear outside at the moment.

Measured myself up for a ToD custom jacket. Now I just have to decide on the leather. The choice for me is between Authentic Brown Lambskin or Dark Brown Lambskin. Is Dark Brown more accurate for ToD? Any thoughts on this.

Edit: Just had a quick chat with Wested and they informed that that both those leathers look great, although Authentic Brown lambskin is a bit thicker than Dark Brown Lambskin. Dark Brown having a slightly more SA look, but the thicker authentic brown could sway it for me.

Last edited: