Idol pedestal build

Well heres my pedestal. Well this is how it started anyway.

I started out with sheets of polystyrene which i got free because they were damaged, hence the jagged nature to the stack. I glued 5 together in 3 tiers to make it easier to manage. I got a metre length of studding to enable me to put them on a spit. And made a rather large hotwire cutter.

The hotwire worked exceptionally well (I can give details on the hotwire build if anyone wants them). The pedestal isnt as wide as I would like but but hey.... it was free.

Pattern added and ready to cut out. Just gonna use a soldering iron to melt it into the side. And then it'll be ready for painting.... then it'll be time for the booby trap!

Just got to gold leaf it then I can put on the finished pedestal. Should both be done by this weekend ready to display.... woohoo.

Well here is the final texture test. I'm quite happy with that so i'll paint the whole thing tomorrow then add some shading..... and moss...

Oh and a golden Idol.

Quick update. Heres the pedestal painted. I might go a bit darker but then in a dimly lit area it might be ok. Gonna add some shading and moss at some point. The 3 tiers are separated for painting. Once it had a day to dry I can assemble it.

Had to quickly dosh some paint on one of my unfinished idols just to see what it looks like.
I'm really looking forward to having it all together with the trap working next weekend if the parts arrive in time.

Done for now. Still waiting for electronics to turn up for booby trap but its ok as a static piece until then. Ive got some fake moss coming as well then I'll take some moody pics.