Happy birthday Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Canyon

23 years ago today, what I consider to be the greatest movie I have ever seen was released in cinemas!

Have any of you been lucky enough to see this magnificent film on the big screen?

I myself have seen this twice and it looks as if I am going to see it again in September at the Diet coke film festival! :D

raiders2.gif

Happy birthday!

*cue noisemakers!*

I have had two opportunities. Both times I wasn't able to go. :(

Oh, well. Where is this Diet Coke Film Festival supposed to be, anyway?

Canyon

Ben Friend of Indy said:
Happy birthday!

*cue noisemakers!*

I have had two opportunities. Both times I wasn't able to go. :(

Oh, well. Where is this Diet Coke Film Festival supposed to be, anyway?

It's in the UK in September. ;)

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I've seen it once on the big screen. :)

But not 23 years ago... I wasn't even born back then. ;)

I saw Raiders on the big screen for the first time last February. It was spectacular! It's like watching a movie for the first time.
I watch the DVD tonight. :D

Webley

I saw it 23 years ago on the big screen and that was the only time I saw it on the big screen I was like 5 or 6 years old.

Strider

No big screen for me damn it. I live out on a rock called Cape Cod where theaters only show "new" movies. :(

On the other hand: Happy Birthday Raiders of the Lost Ark, the greatest film made!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I

Indy_Jones88

Fedoras off to Raiders. The greatest movie ever made. My personal favorite of the 3. And Harrison Ford's best role ever.

I

Indy's_main_man

is anyone here doing something special besides watching the film to celebrate?

Canyon

Strider said:
I'm wearing a fedora, I've been playing IM, and I'm not shaving(not that I do normally).

Wearing....a...fedora...not...shaving...for..a...few...days...

*THUD*

Strider, I'll be right over, mate! ;)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
23 years ago I wasn't born yet (I was -3 years old). I didn't get to see any Indy movies at the cinema! I really hope to one day. I hope they'll put the trilogy back on the silver screan when/if Indy4 comes out.

bungle92

Happy 23rd B-day Raiders! Thanks for bringing great old-fashioned entertainment to cinema.

Last edited: