Essay Research on Thread Opinions

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm planning to write a essay based on results on various threads I've begun to post on Indy IV. Just to put together a picture of what Indyfans have in mind about Indy IV (ie characters, period, settings). Just post any theories you might have about Indy IV.

qwerty

Let's for a moment forget that we are all Indy fans.
Is it realistic at all that Indy IV will ever be made?
If I never saw Indy movies and someone would come along and try to explain to me that there will be Indy IV made I would laugh at his face (but becouse I did, I don't).

IAdventurer01

qwerty said:
Let's for a moment forget that we are all Indy fans.
Is it realistic at all that Indy IV will ever be made?

Yep. Let's look at the current trends in flims.... remake, remake, remake, sequel, sequel, remake, sequel, sequel, ORIGINAL! , sequel, prequel, remake, adaptation of old TV show...

Everything else is based on an old concept, many older than Indy. Therefore, I see no reason for there not being another one.

(Of course with this comparison, Indy IV will probably stink. :sick: )

I believe in number 4, Indiana Jones will romp naked with that bearded guy who played the dwarf in those other films. George Lucas told me that in my dream last night.

IAdventurer01

replican't said:
I believe in number 4, Indiana Jones will romp naked with that bearded guy who played the dwarf in those other films. George Lucas told me that in my dream last night.

And George doesn't even know Sallah's name? It HAS been too long since the last Indy movie.

IAdventurer01 said:
And George doesn't even know Sallah's name? It HAS been too long since the last Indy movie.

Well, to be fair to him, he didnt get much chance to talk, what with me beating the living crap out of him for the last three Star Wars films and everything....

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Gee thanks for the support. Not! I've already started the essay using the poll results from Indianajones.com and the opinion of the majority on the plot is more farfetched than Temple of Doom. And I haven't got much else to do til I go to film school in March (in Australia we have our summer vacation now and I just graduated from high school). The results show (and if you don't believe me then look at the Poll Archives at Indianajones.com) that if Indy IV were left to the public who voted: the next film would be based in the 1950s and in Australia. Indy would have a daughter by Marion and Indy's Dad would return for the last adventure! I bet they end up going after the golden didgeridoo guarded by the Rainbow Serpent of Aboriginal legend! That last part was just made up. But the Rainbow Serpent is a legit legend from ancient Australian folklore.

It could be called Indiana Jones In Brisvegas.

It would be easy to shoot, given that it would be over in 5 minutes. Indy dies of excitement at the end.

:D

IndyBuff

Violet Indy said:
Gee thanks for the support. Not! I've already started the essay using the poll results from Indianajones.com and the opinion of the majority on the plot is more farfetched than Temple of Doom. And I haven't got much else to do til I go to film school in March (in Australia we have our summer vacation now and I just graduated from high school). The results show (and if you don't believe me then look at the Poll Archives at Indianajones.com) that if Indy IV were left to the public who voted: the next film would be based in the 1950s and in Australia. Indy would have a daughter by Marion and Indy's Dad would return for the last adventure! I bet they end up going after the golden didgeridoo guarded by the Rainbow Serpent of Aboriginal legend! That last part was just made up. But the Rainbow Serpent is a legit legend from ancient Australian folklore.

It sounds like the members at Indianajones.com have more of a story than Lucas does.;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
replican't said:
It could be called Indiana Jones In Brisvegas.

It would be easy to shoot, given that it would be over in 5 minutes. Indy dies of excitement at the end.

:D

How did you know that Brisbane is called Brisvegas? Replican't where are you from? :confused:

TombReader

replican't said:
Well, to be fair to him, he didnt get much chance to talk, what with me beating the living crap out of him for the last three Star Wars films and everything....

That's what we needed here...another person with a bad attitude.Reminds me why I don't come around here very much anymore. :rolleyes:

TombReader said:
That's what we needed here...another person with a bad attitude.Reminds me why I don't come around here very much anymore. :rolleyes:

Bad attitude? BAD ATTITUDE? Erm...hello?

Please line up over there if you think Star Wars 1 - 3 did justice to the genius of episodes 4-6?

Thought so.