Hardest level in ET?

KyleRipman

New here. :)

I just recently finished ET, and am curious to see which parts gave people the most trouble. I'm going to say the first boss, since at the time I was still adjusting to the controls and swimming out back to land when you couldn't see the croc was unnerving.

EvilNazi

i remember hating that level at first, but it wasnt very complicated for me.

if i had to choose a hard one, i would chose one of those black dragon fortress level, dont remember which one.

and one of the levels i hated most even though they werent very complicated, were all these under water. those were terrible

Coldfyre

The first time I played the game I had so much trouble with the croc level... and it was mostly because I just couldn't find that little ledge you climb up on so you can then lower the gate and trap the croc! I was swimming around in the main area, climbing up that one ladder, and cutting out the vines underwater, because they all *looked* like they should do something... and I got eaten by the croc over and over and over. Arrrgh.
Now that I've beat the game, the only level that gives me much continued trouble is Von Beck's revenge... make one tiny mistake, and you die.

Dyre Straits

Von Beck's Revenge probably kept me from progressing the longest, so it gets my vote for #1.

Next was the Dungeon where I had to learn how to do that running whip swing by catching the hook. I came pretty close to just tossing the game and forgetting about it. Even when I DID succeed, I couldn't get Indy to Wallhug! I FINALLY got that figured out by holding down the W key while pressing the USE button to make him hug the wall.

So much of my aggravation with this game is due simply to very temperamental controls. When things respond like I expect them to, it's not bad, but not knowing what's going to happen sometimes is just simply frustation to the max.

Coldfyre

Dyre Straits said:
Von Beck's Revenge probably kept me from progressing the longest, so it gets my vote for #1.

Next was the Dungeon where I had to learn how to do that running whip swing by catching the hook. I came pretty close to just tossing the game and forgetting about it. Even when I DID succeed, I couldn't get Indy to Wallhug! I FINALLY got that figured out by holding down the W key while pressing the USE button to make him hug the wall.

So much of my aggravation with this game is due simply to very temperamental controls. When things respond like I expect them to, it's not bad, but not knowing what's going to happen sometimes is just simply frustation to the max.

That's a good reason to get the PS2 version. Using a controller is a LOT easier than using a keyboard. I never had any problems with the controls through the whole game. Von Beck's Revenge is hard enough with a controller... doing it with a keyboard must be suicide!

IndyA

Deffinatley the one with the water and the coins that
was very frustrating. The Level with the crock was easy..
i got him locked behind the gate and was safe for the rest of the level. Von becks revenge was not that hard for me either. Well hey this is considering i finished the game in 3 days 15 hours each day.
IndyA

KyleRipman

That was very long, and tricky to find some of them...but I don't think I was ever really in any danger of dying in that one.

Arclam

I am on the damn Kracken. I have tried it 15 and have only managed to get 2 of the columns down. Hardest time I have had.

The French Indy

The whole Emperor's tomb level was a pain in the ass.

By the way, remember the level with the invisible bridge?
Man...it brought tears to my eyes :(

Coldfyre

The French Indy said:
The whole Emperor's tomb level was a pain in the ass.

By the way, remember the level with the invisible bridge?
Man...it brought tears to my eyes :(

Invisible bridge? I remember a couple, but none that you couldn't see by using the blue torch or Mirror of Dreams...