Favorite historical figure

00Kevin

Indyfan
who is your favorite historical figure in Young indy?

My favorites: Hemmingway and Lawrence of Arabia

00Kevin

darthraptor52

WOOWW! Eirnest Hemmingway and Lawrence of Arabia are my two favourites too! I think tales of Innocence is one of the funniest Young Indys.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hemingway and Lawrence of Arabia were two of the best ones, but I'd say Albert Schweitzer, Bronislaw Malinowski, Charles de Gaulle, Anthony Fokker, Erich von Stroheim, that German General or Colonel in Phantom Train, the French Generals in Demons of Deception, and the birdwatching British officer (from Daredevils of the Desert and Phantom Train of Doom) were very good too.

Which movie had the most historical personalities in it?

I think it's probably either Winds of Change (the one with the Treaty of Versailles), Mystery of the Blues, or Spring Break Adventure, but I'd be interested to know which one has the most.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Henry Ford :D Martin Luther, Hemmingway (of course), Lawrence of Arabia (and I thought I was the only one!), Magellin (sp?), and of course Jesus Christ.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmm, let me think Indiana Jones.:D j/k

Well, there is Albert Einstein, Davy Crockett, Ronald Regan, Winston Churchill, William Wallace (my ancestor too), William Bradford (of Plymouth Colony fame), Charlemagne, William the Conqueror, Julius Caesar, Plato & Socrates, and the One who changed history the most: Jesus of Nazareth, also called The Christ.

00Kevin

Indyfan
00Kevin tries not to laugh, fails.

Man! stop that! I ment historical figures in YIJC. now I'll go back to laughing. :rolleyes: But yes, hemmingway and Lawrence are the best, I also liked Elliot Ness, and how they made him look like a weekling. HAHAHA!

00Kevin

Indyfan
Bob Saget..

wait! No! I ment uh, bob, uh, bob.. uh..

BOB! :cool: yeah! our own bob from the Raven! hehehe

I liked mystery of the blues because it had Hemmingway, Ness and Cappone. (also had Harrison Ford)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Charles de Gaulle bien sûr!!!!
(Even if I've only seen 2 YIJ, and not the one with Charles de Gaulle. :) )

00Kevin

Indyfan
a pity the houddini episode was never filmed, It leaves a gap there since it is mentioned in daredevils of the desert, but never seen. I think someone here wrote a fan-fic on that.......

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, as far as I know, that's the only reference to Indy being to Australia (flying in an airplane with Harry Houdini). Forget Indy IV, dvds, complete soundtracks, and Emperor's Tomb, I want to see Indy in Australia! (just kidding).

But seriously, I really would like to know the full adventure. I wonder if Indy's been to Antarctica...

00Kevin

Indyfan
there was a list of lost episodes on indyfan and indyweb, but now the list is lost too! (try saying THAT 10 times fast) anyone know where to find it?

I think 1 episode in 1920-1922 indy and belloc (yes, belloc) go to antartica or alaska or something...........

Webley

I like it when Indy gets to meet and shoot with Wyatt Earp, it was cool to see to grate heros side by side.

Ryan243

Attila the Professor said:
and the birdwatching British officer (from Daredevils of the Desert and Phantom Train of Doom) were very good too.
That was Richard Meinertzhagen. (I know the name sounds German, and it actually is, but why a British officer has a German last name is long story.)

I've never seen those two Young Indy's! I really want to though, I've always been interested in Meinertzhagen.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Ryan243 said:
Attila the Professor said:
and the birdwatching British officer (from Daredevils of the Desert and Phantom Train of Doom) were very good too.
That was Richard Meinertzhagen. (I know the name sounds German, and it actually is, but why a British officer has a German last name is long story.)

I've never seen those two Young Indy's! I really want to though, I've always been interested in Meinertzhagen.

Yes, of course. He is a rather fascinating historical figure.

By the way, I just remembered the name of the other unnamed historical figure I mentioned, that being General von Lettow-Vorbeck. I am almost certain that was the name of the captured German officer in Phantom Train of Doom.