McCallum interview

Teke

Here´s the interview with McCallum:

Interviewer: Where are you with Indiana Jones 4?

Mccallum: Well I'm not there with it at all. It's being produced by Frank Marshall who did the original films and Frank and Steven and George have been working on a script which they're very close. I think in fact George is in LA right now with Steve going through hopefully what are the last changes in it and I'm praying that it will be made if not next summer, right after that. So it's getting there, it's getting close.

Interviewer: Good

Mccallum: and it's a great story. I can't tell you what the story is, but it's great it's fantastic.

Interviewer: Do you want to tell us the story, we won't tell anyone.

Mccallum: (laughs) I can't I can't.

Let´s see... They are still working on the script (n)
And he says the movie will be made next summer, or after next summer. And if that happens, there will be not release before 2009.

It´s good they are still talking about the movie, but at this point I don´t know what to believe...

Why even bother? If there ever even IS an Indy 4, it's as plain as the trash they've produced over the last 10 years, that Spielberg and Lucas would ensure it would suck monkey rocks at best....

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"Either Spielberg's gonna deliver gangbusters, or he'll leave the project"
...speculates spielbergfilms.com.

I don't like this scenario. Spielberg has more energy than the others combined. He's crucial.

intergamer

I don't really care, I only hope that they release Darabont's script in the future to read like they did with monkey king and saucerman

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I wish we had a better source for this McCallum quote from Reelz: "George is in LA right now with Steve going through hopefully what are the last changes in it and I'm praying that it will be made if not next summer, right after that."

Because Lucas, Spielberg and the Indy 4 script in the same room is major news. "Right after that" is dispiriting, but he could mean filming in late summer or fall 2007 for 2008.

The Spielbergfilms forum groupies come across as quite intelligent, though I'm amused they are still discussing the "Saucer Men" script (1995) as if it were new and set in the 50's (it's 1949). Meanwhile, like the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword, Raveners quietly discuss what we understand to be the real thing...

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
I wish we had a better source for this McCallum quote from Reelz: "George is in LA right now with Steve going through hopefully what are the last changes in it and I'm praying that it will be made if not next summer, right after that."

Because Lucas, Spielberg and the Indy 4 script in the same room is major news. "Right after that" is dispiriting, but he could mean filming in late summer or fall 2007 for 2008.

The Spielbergfilms forum groupies come across as quite intelligent, though I'm amused they are still discussing the "Saucer Men" script (1995) as if it were new and set in the 50's (it's 1949). Meanwhile, like the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword, Raveners quietly discuss what we understand to be the real thing...

I couldn't agree more.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
On the other hand I actually don't want to hear anything from them until the word -finished- is included in a positive way.
Right now it probably would only be the old "we're working on it" style of news. So...

Grizzlor

I don't know, at this point, what the hold up is? Lucas admitted there has been so much hype that everyone will find something wrong with the film. So just make it already! Sorry George, but if you don't, you're just cementing your move from Science Fiction King to Scifi Jester.

Johnny Nys

There's no news value whatsoever. Only the date and locations change. I'd rather hear nothing at all about the script and then be stunned by a "out of nowhere" teaser trailer, no actual footage but just the Indiana Jones logo with "coming soon" beneath it, then having to hear the same reply over and over and over and over and over ...

Finn

Staff member
P'haps they've just started the waiting game that they can do the Bond trick, you know, keep it in hold 'til even those final airhead fans admit that Ford is waaaay too old to play IJ. Then, recast the role and if Ford likes, let him play Henry Jones Sr.

<small>Kidding? Moi? Never!</small>

Shy of starting an "I hate Rick McCallum" thread...

This is fine:
“Once this is finished, he’s done everything he’s ever wanted to do,” says Rick McCallum, who has been producing Lucas’s films for more than 20 years.

...but:

He will have completed his task as a man and a filmmaker.”

Amazing any of it was decipherable since he has to have his head so far up Lucas' posterior.

I seriously dislike comments like that...irksome brown nosing, self-seeking, bootlicking, fawning parasitic friggin "Yes Man".

More from the talking rectum:

“You think ‘Lawrence of Arabia,’ you think ‘The Bridge on the River Kwai,’ ” Rick McCallum says. “Then you think, Oh, my God, ‘Red Tails.’

Last edited:

Raiders90

?You think ?Phantom Menace,? you think ?The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull,? ? Rick McCallum says. ?Then you think, Oh, my God, ?Red Tails.

Fixed for accuracy.

Have you ever noticed that the beginning of the decline in Lucas' output coincided with about the same time that he and McCallum became close?

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
How cone Rick McCallum is fine with you when he's producing YIJ but now on your s*** list? Yes he come across as a "yes man" but if you were paid handsomely for going along with the ideas of a billionaire who pays you, wouldn't you be one too?

Since you "quote"
RaiderMitch said:
"yes man"
I'll assume you're addressing me.

When did I write:

RaiderMitch said:
"Rick McCallum is fine with [me] when he's producing YIJ

...I don't think I did.

RaiderMitch said:
...but now on your s*** list?
You're surprised? I don't blame him for the direction Lucas is taking Indy or belching what he passes for content.

RaiderMitch said:
Yes he come across as a "yes man" but if you were paid handsomely for going along with the ideas of a billionaire who pays you, wouldn't you be one too?
Rick McCallum isn't the creative cancer, but to paraphrase myself, Rick McCallum still held its hand, fed it greasy food, lit its cigarettes and took it for long drives under the power lines to the nuclear power plant.

McCallum has no soul. He's a callous company man. No one puts any stock into what he says...Lucas wanted to surround himself with sycophants and he did.

The reason he COULD sourrond himself with "Yes Men" is because he made his fortune COLLABORATING with tallented people and artists.

People who kept him grounded and told him the hard truths for the sake of the project.

Not the Mom and Dad who told him the discharge of his rectum was spun silk.

Come on Mitchy, “He will have completed his task as a man...” goes WAY beyond the role of producer.

Its ugly, and coming from McCallum I can only guess the opposite is true.

Montana Smith

Rocket Man, here's something for the lady in your life (or for yourself if you're inclined):

105670291v1_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

A wide range of products are available.

Montana Smith said:
Rocket Man, here's something for the lady in your life (or for yourself if you're inclined):
Like Indiana Jones, I don't wear underwear.

Last time I did the Fruit of the Loom guys giggled at me.:eek:

Rocket Surgeon said:
Rick McCallum isn't the creative cancer, but to paraphrase myself, Rick McCallum still held its hand, fed it greasy food, lit its cigarettes and took it for long drives under the power lines to the nuclear power plant.

McCallum has no soul. He's a callous company man. No one puts any stock into what he says...Lucas wanted to surround himself with sycophants and he did.

The reason he COULD sourrond himself with "Yes Men" is because he made his fortune COLLABORATING with tallented people and artists.

People who kept him grounded and told him the hard truths for the sake of the project.

Not the Mom and Dad who told him the discharge of his rectum was spun silk.

Come on Mitchy, ?He will have completed his task as a man...? goes WAY beyond the role of producer.

Its ugly, and coming from McCallum I can only guess the opposite is true.

TRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTH!