Thoughts about the new title

Apart from the jokes, I don't dislike the original title so much. The thing I REALLY REALLY hate is its Italian translation... it sounds AWFUL... (n) (n)
I truly hope the translators will decide to change the things a little, instead of literally translating "the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

P.S. sorry if I used the words "translate/translations/etc" so many times in a so little post...

pastorgavin

Personally, I think Kingdom of the Crystal Skull works better without the Indiana Jones and the in front of it. It hearkens back to Raiders of the Lost Ark. But it would be absolute suicide for them to not have Indiana Jones in the title of the movie.

ResidentAlien said:
No, you're right. I didn't do them justice. They're considerably worse than any description could suggest.

LOL :D

Seems to me that you really can't stand the new trilogy, uh? :D

Anyway, I liked "The Revenge of the Sith" very much. I think it was a great movie!! Really spectacular, enjoyable and dramatic at the same time.
Not to forget I really fell in love at first sight with the character of Grievous. :gun:
I adore those kind of bad guys: really sad people who try to hide their weaknesses behind a mask of true evil. And they finally manage to convert their fears into their greatest ally!!
I'll always find them fascinating.

Last edited:

Vendetta08

Katarn07 said:
AotC and RotS fit really nice with the original titles. C'mon, "The Empire Strikes Back" isn't a bad title? Get over yourselves, it's terrible and meant to be, and for that reason it's a great name!!! TPM is out of place, but I usually just refer to that as Episode I.

I wasn't pumped for this Indy title when I first heard it, but I got over it after the first 5 seconds of skepticism I had for it. It's exciting to have a title for this movie at all since it's been dubbed Indy 4 for so long. And it is just a title...

"Empire Strikes Back"

Sounds just fine to me, not corny in the slightest. But maybe it's because I'm so use to it after having heard it all of my life.

otto rahn

pastorgavin said:
Personally, I think Kingdom of the Crystal Skull works better without the Indiana Jones and the in front of it. It hearkens back to Raiders of the Lost Ark. But it would be absolute suicide for them to not have Indiana Jones in the title of the movie.
Why ? Every Indy fan knows about it by now and a few posters featuring Indiana Jones with trademark whip and fedora would soon let everyone else know who the star was ! James Bond films don't need the words "James Bond" in the title to be successful , nor would an Indiana Jones film !

Indie House

The new title does sound a bit cumbersome (even Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis fits with the rythm of the other films).

Although, to it's defense, it does scream b-grade adventure. And, as we all know this is the intended style and format for these movies...

:hat:

deckard24

I'm just wondering why Lucas ( I'm guessing it's him, since the same thing happened with Star Wars) can't seem to make up his mind where titles are concerned?

Originally it was Star Wars(1977) then it became Episode IV: A New Hope, and then there's Raiders of the Lost Ark(1981) now Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark(2003).

Let's just hope the tinkering with the title is where it stops! I for one don't want to see any major changes done to the original 3 films, like was done with the Star Wars Special Editions. Clean up the picture and enhance the sound, but that's it. Otherwise next thing you know we'll get the newer nicer kid friendly version of Temple of Doom.

otto rahn

deckard24 said:
I'm just wondering why Lucas ( I'm guessing it's him, since the same thing happened with Star Wars) can't seem to make up his mind where titles are concerned?

Originally it was Star Wars(1977) then it became Episode IV: A New Hope, and then there's Raiders of the Lost Ark(1981) now Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark(2003).

Let's just hope the tinkering with the title is where it stops! I for one don't want to see any major changes done to the original 3 films, like was done with the Star Wars Special Editions. Clean up the picture and enhance the sound, but that's it. Otherwise next thing you know we'll get the newer nicer kid friendly version of Temple of Doom.
With the food at the feast digitally morphed into little cucumber sandwiches and biscuits with cheese on them !:p

deckard24

Then maybe they'll add a backstory about how Mola Ram had a tough childhood, and grew up on the wrong side of the Ganges!

Indie House

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Some forum members liked the idea of just Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... so here it is!

I quickly slapped this together at work in a few minutes... maybe someone else with more time could improve on it.

:hat:

pastorgavin

Yes! That's exactly what the movie needs. (y)

Putting "Indiana Jones and the" in front of that is just too cumbersome. Maybe I'll work a bit on one of these as well.

peterlally

deckard24 said:
Then maybe they'll add a backstory about how Mola Ram had a tough childhood, and grew up on the wrong side of the Ganges!

And how he became a mad man beacause his parents never took him to Disneyland.

Lets face it KOTCS is getting bad reaction for its title but if ROTLA was Indy 4 and KOTCS was Indy 1 people would still be disapointed

:gun:

pastorgavin

Okay, here's my take on the title (as it should be :p)

Edited - I'm having difficulty posting the picture as the site I'm posting from keeps changing where the pic is. I'll try again later.

Last edited:

pastorgavin

Here's my new attempt. Let's see if this works. :hat:

I also did this up in about 15 minutes. Actually, I spent more time trying to load it than putting it together.

if you want a bigger copy of this for a fan poster, you can get it here.

Last edited:

I think that is just right. I would prefer it if they dropped the 'Indiana Jones and the'. Let's face it, this product will sell itself and just by having the familiar logo design as above is enough. The official title is way too long and awkward. You could grow a beard by the time it takes to say that title!

:eek:

NoCamels

I think the title is fine. Although whoever said "Kingdom of the Skulls" does have a point about the slightly more mysterious title. But on the other hand, "Kingdom of the Skulls" makes me think of possibly icky rooms of human skulls, :dead: whereas "Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls" makes me think of sparkly artifacts that might have special powers.