Young Indy DVD Qeustions

Indy4fan

Matinee Idyll said:
Does anyone have these?

http://www.dvddonkey.com/movie/action/The_Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles.html

58066_2.jpg

Looks a dang sight cheaper than spending $300+ on the official stuff, and unlike the R1 NTSC stuff - this set might actually play here in Australia.

Anyone have any experience with these bootleg type DVDs?
They must be VCD quality. Do they include old indy?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Does anyone here know when this volume will be released in Australia? I would have figured next week coz we have Region 4 DVDs. I recall the UK got it a week after America and the UK is Region 2 DVD.

pastorgavin

Another Question

Okay, I've got another question:

I ordered the DVD set from Amazon and have been enjoying it. Over the weekend I was in a WalMart and they had the set on display for sale. The cover was different. The one I have says "Volume One", the one at WalMart says "Volume One: The Early Years". I know it's not much of a difference, but what's going to happen with the next releases. Is each volume going to be subtitled or will it depend on where you get it?

Adamwankenobi

pastorgavin said:
Okay, I've got another question:

I ordered the DVD set from Amazon and have been enjoying it. Over the weekend I was in a WalMart and they had the set on display for sale. The cover was different. The one I have says "Volume One", the one at WalMart says "Volume One: The Early Years". I know it's not much of a difference, but what's going to happen with the next releases. Is each volume going to be subtitled or will it depend on where you get it?

Is seems as if the whole subtitling thing came about after a lot of the initial Vol 1 sets were printed. It's typical of Lucas to do things like this on a whim, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him and not Paramount who decided he wanted the volumes to be subtitled.

metalinvader

I bought my set the day it came out,Just the side of the package says the early years.I do think that it looks better with the early years title on the front. Oh well,Six in one hand,Half a dozen in the other.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Violet Indy said:
I recall the UK got it a week after America
Umm no, Vol 1 Region 2 will be available in January and only in the UK. Which is why a lot of European fans are ticked off ATM.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Really? That sucks. :eek: If Europe is that far behind, then Australia will be like getting it after the movie comes out. Gez, I need something to quench my thirst for things Indy!

Adolf Hitler

Violet Indy said:
Really? That sucks. :eek: If Europe is that far behind, then Australia will be like getting it after the movie comes out. Gez, I need something to quench my thirst for things Indy!
A whip and a bare bottom?;)