Grimoire Maudit

Stoo

Part 9a

Considering the Indy Dinner Plate is rather empty at the moment, here's a bone to chew on...:p

GrimoireMaudit_22_ENG.jpg

Junior Jones said:
There was a fourth title, Bedouins de la Mer, but as far as I can tell it was never published.
Yeah, forgot about that one and all accounts suggest it never saw the light of day. (If it had, I'm sure DIrishB would have found it!)

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
This is the last page I have...

Been busy lately, but I hope to find time to fire up my scanner sometime this weekend. It's a holiday weekend here in the US, but I often find myself busier than usual when I have time off.

Stoo

Hi, Phil.:hat: Don't worry, there's no rush. In the meantime, I'm going to revisit "Secret de la Pyramide" and modify all the pages accordingly.

One burning question, though: In the remaining pages of "Grimoire Maudit", does Indy ever wear his hat?:confused:

Junior Jones

I just sent a few more pages on their way to you. I'm enjoying this as much as anyone. I have the book, but I can't read it.

Stoo said:
One burning question, though: In the remaining pages of "Grimoire Maudit", does Indy ever wear his hat?:confused:

No hat, no satchel, no leather jacket (at least, not his usual one). If this was a video game, people would be very upset! :mad:

Stoo

Got the next 3 pages! Awesome. Will start on them soon enough. Thanks, Phil.:hat:

As for Indy not looking like Indy: Even though the Canadian editions were give-aways at a chain of gas stations, I'm wondering if it might be part of the reason they didn't include this title.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Hi, Phil.:hat: Don't worry, there's no rush. In the meantime, I'm going to revisit "Secret de la Pyramide" and modify all the pages accordingly.

ahem! Just hang on doing this for about a week or so...

Stoo

Part 10

JuniorJones said:
It's been 5 months since the last few pages were posted. About 4 months ago, Junior (Phil) sent me 3 more pages and I only recently got around to translating them so here they are below. Just yesterday, he also sent me all the remaining pages so we're good to go for the rest of the comic!(y) Hats off to the generous, JuniorJones (Phil)!:hat:)

@Lao_Che (Leland Chee): Are you reading this? I hope so...;)

GrimoireMaudit_25_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_26_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_27_ENG.jpg

To be continued...

Stoo

Junior Jones said:
Thanks, but remember I'm the Junior Jones with a space. JuniorJones is another guy, but he's cool, too.
Oops! I'm sorry, Phil. I always try hard to make that distinction but screwed up this time!:eek: So...

Hats off to the generous Junior Jones (Phil) for providing the pages of this RARE Indy tale!:hat:
JuniorJones re: revisting/modifying "Secret de la Pyramide" said:
For the JuniorJones without the space: Yes, I just remembered that you sent me some sample pages and never got back to you about that! They look great. (Would like to talk about it a bit so I'll send you an e-mail or we can talk in the Secret de la Pyramide thread.)

I'm in a translating mood so expect the next 3 "Grimoire" pages to be posted soon!:)

Stoo

You're welcome, Klaus & Rocket, but looking back at the last 3 pages I have one regret: On page 31, panel 2, where Indy says "Have confidence.", I should have put "Trust me." because it's much more Indy-ish. Damn!:mad:

In regards to the missing hat: Who knows what the deal with that is?:confused: Like Junior Jones / Phil wrote awhile ago...
Junior Jones said:
No hat, no satchel, no leather jacket (at least, not his usual one). If this was a video game, people would be very upset!:mad:
No whip either! I'm assuming that its lack of Indy-ness is the reason why the Shell gas stations in Canada didn't offer this one. It's not really an Indiana Jones story at all despite what the cover promises. (Via e-mail, Phil commented that it starts to turn into a kind of James Bond story and you'll see why in the upcoming pages.)

14 more pages to go!