Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Stoo

inky_skin said:
You got me. I completely overlooked this key fact. However, it appears following my conversation with ***** that this may be a moot point. Top men are now on the case. Top. Men.
Indeed. After investigating **** valuable info, I can now confirm that Drifter is active on Facebook using an alias name. It appears that he has moved house since last year so whatever mailing address you were given would probably be invalid now, anyway.

I sent the guy a message about 3 hours ago. Let's hope he replies!
Pale Horse said:
Great song and Video.
Knew you'd like it but it's not as great as your detective work. Everyone raise a glass to Mr. Horse!:hat:

With our combined strength, we can end this destructive delay and bring order to the travels of Tiny Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:

inky_skin

Contact has been made through an intermediary. I suggest we leave The Drifter alone. Indy should be back with me shortly. We can plan further adventures then.

Stoo

He also replied to me yesterday.(y) We're on the road to recovery but relief won't come until the thing is actually back in your hands, Inky.

Fingers crossed!:eek:

The thing?.. THE THING?!! We are talking about the eminent archeologist Indiana Jones.... All be it on a smaller scale I know but still.... not the thing.

And by the by If he does resurface I'd be honoured to take him to the moors for some fairy hunting.... oh that didnt sound right at all.
Although im guessing im probably too close to inky to make the trip worth it.

But the offer stands

Stoo

doppelganger said:
The thing?.. THE THING?!! We are talking about the eminent archeologist Indiana Jones.... All be it on a smaller scale I know but still.... not the thing.
Yes, "the thing". I've called him Mini-Indy, a doll, an action figure, a figure, a fig, a package, L'il Indy, Tiny Indy & more. Running out of ways to describe a piece of plastic, y'know?:) Too much of my personal time & effort has been spent on this "thing" so rest assured that I have immense respect for "it".:p

Within the tunnels to Orellana's tomb, Mutt uttered:
"It's a thing."

…and, by complete coincidence, that was the answer to one of Drifter's turns in the 20 Questions thread from 4 years ago…a round which I happened to win. How freaky is that?:eek:
doppelganger said:
Although im guessing im probably too close to inky to make the trip worth it.
Not necessarily but…only in the leap from the lion's head will you prove your worth.:)

Thing it is then :eek:

Lol. Good on you guys for keeping on it to try and recover.... the thing. Our prayers are with him.

Will a pic of me in full gear taking a leap from the lions head be sufficient?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Whetting your appetite

So, to respark some interest, a blast from the past.

6280028319_a188b459e7_z.jpg

6280558704_0cdd9a5fb1_z.jpg

6348893668_2a902a48bc_z.jpg

6280559668_a996725585_z.jpg

6280559644_8a3bdce06d_z.jpg

Per Stoo's non-stop nagging.

Le Saboteur

inky_skin said:
Contact has been made through an intermediary. I suggest we leave The Drifter alone. Indy should be back with me shortly. We can plan further adventures then.

I don't believe anybody is advocating he be hectored, but it's fairly evident that the figure would not have surfaced without Stoo's diligence. An apology or an explanation is in order.

Since two participants have bailed on the forum in the midst of the project (at least Archaeos forwarded him along) I propose that a valid and working phone number be given to either Stoo or inky to prevent situations like this going forward.

Pale Horse

Staff member
20 days and counting. I know the U.S. Parcel Service is slow, but something tells me we were rail-roaded.

Roadtrip to knock on a door?

Its looking that way. How close is the closest member? Not that we want a confrontation over this but his return would be hugely appreciated by us all.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
20 days and counting. I know the U.S. Parcel Service is slow, but something tells me we were rail-roaded.
Drifter finally replied to me with an update (after some prodding). The package *should* be mailed to Inky this Monday - November 9th.

Life can be sh*tty sometimes. In this case, let's cut the Drifter a bit of slack.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Life can be sh*tty sometimes. In this case, let's cut the Drifter a bit of slack.

While I understand and am sympathetic, I'll say: Life's more sh*tty when you don't rely on your friends to help you. Or share with them. Or steal from 'em.

Maybe a new requirement for participation will be to purchase insurance for the package.

Pale Horse

Staff member
What's the Plan?

I'll be in the park tomorrow. I can pick up a new figure to get this going again. Seems our only option now.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Boy those Star Wars freaks were everywhere. Though my offspring particularly loved the new Force Awakens footage in StarTours...what can I say...

Nevertheless, I didn't get another mini-indy at this point in time. They only have one set there:

61UZHhtfOAL._SX300_.jpg

...and it seemed rather trite.

Thoughts?

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Boy those Star Wars freaks were everywhere. Though my offspring particularly loved the new Force Awakens footage in StarTours...what can I say...

Nevertheless, I didn't get another mini-indy at this point in time. They only have one set there:

61UZHhtfOAL._SX300_.jpg

...and it seemed rather trite.

Thoughts?

Trite? How so? The quality (or lack thereof) of the figurines?