Discuss Chapter 5 - Mutt Williams (DVD chapter by chapter discussion)

God'sRadio

A question: Indy is being chased by two cars, one with Russians and one with FBI - the second car is being driven by the guy with the glasses who was in the bunker interrogation scene isn't it? Two Russians exit the cafe, enter a car and follow Indy and the FBI follow them. Why then, when Indy and Mutt drive into the Library, do the FBI screech to a halt and speak Russian?

sandiegojones

God'sRadio said:
A question: Indy is being chased by two cars, one with Russians and one with FBI - the second car is being driven by the guy with the glasses who was in the bunker interrogation scene isn't it? Two Russians exit the cafe, enter a car and follow Indy and the FBI follow them. Why then, when Indy and Mutt drive into the Library, do the FBI screech to a halt and speak Russian?
He is only being chased by Russians.

sandiegojones

God'sRadio said:
You're sure? Look at the two guys in the second car and compare them to the two guys in the bunker scene
POSITIVE! The two KGB guys in the diner get into separate cars. The dude driving the first car (the blue one) is bald and is with the big guy (gray suit) from the diner. The other car (black car) is driven by a guy with glasses and the passenger is the other KGB guy (black suit) from the diner! If you pause it you'll see there are different driver and two cars.

Benraianajones

James said:
I thought the 50's vibe was still there after Peru...just more subdued. It drew on 50's adventure films (ie. cemetery; sand pit; Akator), pulp magazines (ie. psychic interrogation), and B movies (ie. ants; aliens).

It was still there, but you could easily forget it was in the 50s, since taking B movies of the 50s out of mind ants,aliens,sandpits and the rest are just as often mentioned in modern day.

AnnieJones

StoneTriple said:
Also worth a mention; Chapter 5 has the prettiest girl to ever appear in an Indiana Jones film. ;)

cap103.jpg

Did anyone notice Mutt glancing at this girl when he went past her on his motorcycle? Maybe she will be in the next movie.lol!

bennihana123

AnnieJones said:
Did anyone notice Mutt glancing at this girl when he went past her on his motorcycle? Maybe she will be in the next movie.lol!
I love that part! Little things like that is why I love Indiana Jones :whip:

Darth Vile

AnnieJones said:

I did notice that... Indy looks too. Not sure why... but it's a great shot...

AnnieJones

I love 1950s music.I hope,in a future movie,they will use Rockin' Robin.It has a good rhythm to it.The following video kind of reminds me of a dancing version of what happened in the diner scene.Only,this is a who's-a-better-dancer thing instead of a fighting scene.Even the jocks coats kind of remind me of the Marshall College coats that the jocks in the diner scene were wearing.

Rockin' Robin
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yS5E0z14L_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yS5E0z14L_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited: