TOD question

wolfgang

I was watching it last night and i asked myself something i should've the first time i watch it. I don't know if I should be ashamed because i don't know thsi but, what does the part where indy finds the idol with a neckless made out of human finger has to do with the movie or plot? I didn't get it. Can anyone explain?

monkey

It's a plot device.

As Indydude says it shows that the place is really evil, and that there are really bad people here who do really bad things.

So the natural reaction of the viewer/reader is to think "Get the hell away from there!" But instead the hero goes forward into danger.

What will happen next????

Keeps you watching, or turning the pages.

Marion

wolfgang said:
I was watching it last night and i asked myself something i should've the first time i watch it. I don't know if I should be ashamed because i don't know thsi but, what does the part where indy finds the idol with a neckless made out of human finger has to do with the movie or plot? I didn't get it. Can anyone explain?

Actually I think that that scene is answering the question asked earlier, "If there was still sacrifices and dark forces at work." I think Indy finding this necklace with the newly cut off fingers is an answer to that question that yes there are evil and dark forces at work here.

indyfan1202

ToD question

I think that what some people said about the fingers being from recent sacrificing could be true, and it showing that the place was evil, but the book described it as a malign diety, with a necklace of small human heads, and around its waist was a bandolier of real, pierced human fingers(the book's wrong, it was around its neck). Prehaps it was a statue of Kali Ma to guard the path to the palace.

indyfan1202

The books of the Trilogy are good. It makes the plot and the characters easier to understand. But, they can be hard to find. I got real lucky and found RotLA, Tod, LC, and 4 other Indy novels at a fair price on ebay.