Bacon

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
The holidays are a time for Bacon, that is for sure! We had a dinner at our restaurant in Napa on Saturday, and EVERY course had bacon, it was great!

Would Foie Gras be good, wrapped in bacon?

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Would Foie Gras be good, wrapped in bacon?

Depends on how you liek your foie. I would have to say yes. But the only person I knew who used to eat it, died of a heart attack after two bites . . .

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Ha! No kiddin'. I am truly sorry to hear that.

BTW, when you gonna be in the Southland?

Good question my firend, I am booking a trip to see my buds at Napa Rose over the 26,27,28,29 I have some work in that area then and will probably take the weekend off for Disney, fly the gf down and have fun. I haev some wine dinners in SanDiego on the 30, and 31, then off to the Keys for some fun in the sun, great wine and Scuba! Can you break your non-comsuption for a night at the Rose?

Doc Savage

roundshort said:
The holidays are a time for Bacon, that is for sure!
Every day's a bacon day...but we need to declare a Bacon Day. I nominate October 22nd...that gives us plenty of time to get a parade together.

By the bye, I have eight 5 oz. filets, which just so happen to be wrapped n bacon, on order to stock in the Savage family freezer!!

roundshort

Doc Savage said:
Every day's a bacon day...but we need to declare a Bacon Day. I nominate October 22nd...that gives us plenty of time to get a parade together.

By the bye, I have eight 5 oz. filets, which just so happen to be wrapped n bacon, on order to stock in the Savage family freezer!!

I love it, keep it ready to go, cause you never know when you need to fry some up! Are you going to save until the youngest Savage has teeth?

Doc Savage

roundshort said:
I love it, keep it ready to go, cause you never know when you need to fry some up! Are you going to save until the youngest Savage has teeth?
We're gonna puree it and see if it'll flow through a bottle...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Had a really nice cheese at a fete last week, fine shreds of bacon throughout. No chewy bits. Perfect balance of flavor.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Bqacon Bump

All bacon fans report!

I just had a Po' Boy with some applewood smoked Bacon, it rocked!

I like my bacon neat. Don't smoke it, don't maple it...leave the pork as God intended it.

Johan

roundshort said:
"Tell that to the Hebrews"
:whip: haha. good one.
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode with Homer playing "Adam" in the garden of Eden. Where he takes a bite out of the pig.
How long has this thread been going on. I remember when it started well over a year 2 or more ago.

Finn

Staff member
IndyJohan said:
I remember when it started well over a year 2 or more ago.
Actually, barely a year. Tough little thread, nevertheless.

Tells a lot about bacon, I guess.

Viper

What's funny is that just a couple month's before this was thread was posted, I made a poll thread of "Bacon vs. Ham" in another forum.