Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
ronicle said:
I wish this cut scene had been left in!

magnew2.jpg

Where did you find this pic?:confused:

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
It would have been great to include it as an out take, but in the movie it would have drained the tension and given us that payoff too soon.

Remember how they left Nepal partners...still their future was uncertain?
Then in Cairo the were stealing looks at each other...things were warming up.
That even though she put up a good fight one on one she was abducted, and trying to save her...things got a little too hot and he finally killed her?

How he stole the first kiss when he found her in the tent, and finally that great scene where theyfinally get a break, (even though it was short) no pressure, just a bit battered and weary.

Quality progression, not forced...build the anticipation.

But as an extra sure, show Karen Allen making out all day long!

Actually you're absolutely right, that tension needed to be there, it would have been broken too soon if they kissed in the bar.. I loved the way you described those scenes btw! I can't wait to read a story from you!

Robyn

Does anyone know if some of those scenes in the novel were actually filmed but taken out? Such as the the scene at Sallah's house when Indy goes to Marion's bedroom? or the kiss at the end on the steps? I always loved the kiss at the end when Marion says "well I know what I've got here" she kisses him and he says "well it's not the Ark but it'll have to do"

Short Rounded

ProfessorChaos said:
8. Last Crusade - Sallah smacks a camel:
While Marcus and Sallah are trying to get away at the train station, Sallah smacks a camel, causing it to spit on the Nazis. Sallah then fights the Nazis.

Sallah doesn't seem like the kind of man who would smack a camel. Everywhere else I read about that scene, I got the impression that he did it for no reason. Thank you for explaining that he did it so that it would spit on the Nazis after.(y)

digitalfreaknyc

NoCamels said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there's always the possibility that any deleted scenes no longer exist. Nobody thought of keeping them around for DVD releases back in the '80s.

Not a chance in hell. Lucasfilm saved EVERYTHING. There's deleted footage from the Star Wars films on the DVD release. Spielberg just isn't a fan of showing deleted scenes on his releases, similar to commentaries.

Jaws and CE were exceptions because both were released on laserdisc with deleted scenes, long before it became some sort of "standard practice."

Goodeknight

The Stranger said:
I hope someday they'll decide to release a special DVD edition of the saga, with possibly all of the deleted footage from the first three films... maybe even remastered... boys, that would be cool. ;)

Ooh! I hope they do it like the New Best Ever Ultimate Super Collector Version of the Star Wars saga! For the Indy saga, maybe they could use lots and lots of CG for the new scenes, put a cartooney villain in digitally, manipulate the characters on screen so they look totally fake, and then change the ending and put different music in! That'd be awesome!

And THEN, a few months later they could issue the Newest New Best Ever Ultimate Remaster Original Theatrical Release Indy Saga! They could do multiple box sets with and without Crystal Skull, with different extras in each!!

I can't wait!! Maybe I should just send Lucas and Spielberg a check for $300.

ProfessorChaos said:
3. Raiders - Indy clings to the periscope on the U-Boat:
Indy was clinging to the periscope of the Nazi U-Boat while it was on it's way to the island. It never submerged, which explained how Indy survived the trip.

5018788756_3fc6d45c5b_b.jpg

Col. Detritch

You read my mind Rocket Surgeon!

I would love to see the Chattar Lal death scene. Apparently there was a fight on the cage as it was uncontrollably lowered and raised!

deleted_scene_2.jpg

:hat:

Col. Detritch said:
I would love to see the Chattar Lal death scene. Apparently there was a fight on the cage as it was uncontrollably lowered and raised!
Something must not have gone well, worked out. I have to rip the video of the Chatter La'l puppet being dunked...it's barely a second long though!

The story board is from :The Complete Making of" book. I REALLY like that shot, maybe because Halloween is around the corner.:hat:

Stoo

Since this is the better thread, below is a transplant of Rocket's post from the All of the Deleted Scenes thread:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Something must not have gone well, worked out. I have to rip the video of the Chatter La'l puppet being dunked...it's barely a second long though!

The story board is from :The Complete Making of" book. I REALLY like that shot, maybe because Halloween is around the corner.:hat:
Where is the video clip from? I may have it and not realize. Just found the storyboard in the "Complete Making of" book but as ATMachine pointed out in the Rare Indy Photos thread:
ATMachine said:
At least one of the storyboards showing Chattar Lal's skeletonized corpse, post-lava-bath, can be found in the book From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives. The storyboard in question even has a caption mentioning that, as the iron rack rises up from the lava pool, it bears "the burning skeleton of Chattar Lal."
I checked the "Best of Lucasfilm Archives" and there are indeed more storyboards (8 in total). Indy & Shorty peer down into the sacrificial pit as the cage rises and after Lal's burnt skeleton appears, Mola Ram collects all 3 Sankara Stones.

Stoo

Thanks to whichever moderator merged the 2 Deleted Scenes threads.:hat:

On the IndyCast Flicker page there's 2 photos of Indy, Willie & Shorty by the edge of the lava pit in the main chamber. In one of them Shorty is crossing the pit on a burning, wooden plank and Indy & Willie are grabbing him as it breaks. Pretty freaking cool (or hot, I should say)!

@Rocket: Where did you find these photos?:confused:

DiscoLad

"Well, I don't remember them all, but here's some off the top of my head...

From Raiders:

1. Sallah's execution = After capturing the Ark, the Germans decide Sallah should be executed. The task is left to a young german soldier who is ultimately unable to kill Sallah."

...Hm It's like there was a huge argument over this in another thread.;)

But thanks I had no idea ToD had deleted scenes.

Stoo

DiscoLad said:
"Well, I don't remember them all, but here's some off the top of my head...

From Raiders:

1. Sallah's execution = After capturing the Ark, the Germans decide Sallah should be executed. The task is left to a young german soldier who is ultimately unable to kill Sallah."
Looks like you didn't bother reading. Sallah's near-execution has been already been mentioned several times in this thread. (The most recent example is a mere, 3 posts above.) Sorry but this is nothing new.:rolleyes:
DiscoLad said:
...Hm It's like there was a huge argument over this in another thread.;)
Don't confuse things, Disco. The only argument there was about a certain crackpot's insistence that Sallah was killed during the deleted scene.:whip: