TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #26
bonoferox
IndyFan

Well that's lucky of you both

I'm really looking forward to that when I go in March. Only problem is my fiancee was wanting to spend all day at the Magic Kingdom, so I'm not sure we'll even make it to MGM / DS.

I have a park hopper for it, so I may just have to steal an hour or two just to get to the outpost and the stunt show.
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #27
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
I heard something about incorporating the LC tank. *shrug* Not sure where I heard that.

You might have heard that because Disney sells a small Last Crusade tank in the gift shop, and that's the only toy that they sell that doesn't appear in the show. Indy, Marion, Swordsman, Soliders, Pilot, Mechanic, and that plane thing all appear in the show, but the tank does not.

It might be a little difficult to work it into the show. I mean, the stage is big, but not big enough to do the whole tank chase, nor would I think it would be worth the money to get a tank to add to the show.

Anyway, I'm off to Disney for the weekend! YAY!
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #28
xfkirsten
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezobiwan
OMG, are you kidding?!?!?!
That's what I went to do last night (preview the ride) and I thought it was AWESOME! My husband and I rode it three times! He got 2nd highest score overall.

Ah, I thought the gameplay was fun enough... but nothing more than you could already find at DisneyQuest. There was virtually no theming on the ride - it felt like a ride through a warehouse. There was more in the queue than there was on the ride, and that's sad. And playing the exactly same target-shooting game 5 times in a row and only changing the shape of the targets each time got tiresome. Good idea, poor execution. It's enjoyable if you just want a shoot-em-up game, though. I wouldn't wait more than half an hour for it at the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007
Anyway, I'm off to Disney for the weekend! YAY!

Have fun! If you're near Splash, say hi!
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #29
bonoferox
IndyFan

Where exactly is the TS ride going? Are they getting rid of anything?
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #30
nezobiwan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Where exactly is the TS ride going? Are they getting rid of anything?
They got rid of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. The Toy Story ride is like the Buzz Lightyear ride, except way better. You shoot at targets and score points. It's like a video game and you wear 3D glasses, but it's also a ride because you're in cars. I loved it. At least it's an improvement over stinky old Millionaire.
nezobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #31
xfkirsten
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezobiwan
At least it's an improvement over stinky old Millionaire.

Ah, I will definitely give you that.

I think if they had spent more time theming the attraction better, I might appreciate it more. It seems like Temple of the Forbidden Eye was Walt Disney Imagineering at its peak and it's been all downhill from there...
Old 05-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #32
Niteshade007
IndyFan

The Toy Story ride was open to passholders on Saturday, so I got to do that. I thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it more than Buzz because I felt I had more control over the aim. There were some problems though that they needed to work out. For starters, we did single rider line so that we could get on faster (we had a lunch reservation at the Brown Derby, the only restaurant we hadn't been to at MGM), but it took longer. We were actually passed by the women who would have been behind us in line. That was because the guy directing the line would take two groups of three instead of taking a group of three and someone from the single rider line. Definitely need to work on that.

My score was pretty low though, so I won't tell.

And the Indiana Jones store was pretty bare. I wanted to get my friends and I Indy t-shirts for the movie premiere, but the only had three designs, two of which were adult sizes (one only available in small though) and the other a child's. I was kinda disappointed. I didn't end up seeing the show. We didn't have time because we had to see La Nouba, which my family loved but I was just okay with. I mean, the things they do are amazing, but all I could think about was what if one of them fell and died while I was watching, that would be so hard for me, lol, jk.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #33
xfkirsten
IndyFan

Ah, I keep trying to stop at the Indy store after work, but they must close it early in the day, because it's always closed when I get there in the evenings. A bit frustrating!

I haven't seen much of the Indy stuff at Cast Connection, so it must have been pretty bare for awhile...
Old 05-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #34
nezobiwan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfkirsten
Ah, I keep trying to stop at the Indy store after work, but they must close it early in the day, because it's always closed when I get there in the evenings. A bit frustrating!

I haven't seen much of the Indy stuff at Cast Connection, so it must have been pretty bare for awhile...
I've always been pretty disappointed in the Indy store...
nezobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #35
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

I've been to Disney World exactly once. We did go to the Indiana Jones stunt show. Even as a kid I was something of a nitpicker, and didn't understand the presence of Toht during the marketplace fight, but nonetheless I enjoyed it and we took several pictures. I think my mom was handling the camera. I'd have to find the pictures but they're mostly of the marketplace fight and the airfield fight. One of them is a really great shot of the plane "exploding."

I remember thinking that it was a bit too short, and how I wished they'd found some way to do the truck chase, but nowadays I get that the stunt players can only do so much and since they do show after show, it can't drag out for too long or they'll get tired. It was still an awesome show, and the stunt players who have done it in the past and do it now (if it even still exists; I've heard some conflicting stories) have my unending respect.

My other memories of Disney World are the Star Tours ride (I loved the almost life-size AT-AT they had out front!) and the Roger Rabbit Toon Town place where you could see the weasels' paddywagon and the steamroller from the movie (were these the actual vehicles, or re-creations? I have photos of both and they look darn close to the movie), but I'm told that that recently was closed down. Which makes the kid inside me very sad.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #36
Niteshade007
IndyFan

It didn't "close down," exactly, as it was just a shop, but they got rid of the steamroller. To be honest, I haven't looked for the car, although I remember having my picture taken with it about a year or two ago by the restaurant that is by Star Tours.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #37
ForbiddenEye
IndyFan

I saw Epic Yesterday for the first time in a few years.

Indy arrives...

Duck!

NaziSteam!

ForbiddenEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:59 AM   #38
SPECTER
IndyFan

I went to Disney for the first a wile back and went to see the show saw the whole temple part but it started stormin real bad so they could not do any after that. I was dissapointed but we got some great pics of us with the Indy stuntman.
SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #39
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Epic Stunt Show - 20th Anniversary

Twenty years ago today, August 25, 1989, the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular premiered at Disney MGM Studios.

From the D23 website:

Quote:
As the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular! begins, Indiana Jones is spotted falling from above on a rope. He carefully makes his way through an ancient Mayan temple in search of a golden idol, but finds himself in peril amidst deadly obstacles such as sharp metal spikes shooting into the air, where one misstep could mean certain doom. He manages his way to the priceless idol he has been seeking, he snatches it, and before long finds himself racing ahead of a giant boulder rolling right at him. When Indy appears to be merely inches in front of the boulder, and perhaps "rolled over," a voice is suddenly heard, "Oh no! See if he's okay!" That's the voice of the director, who then provides a lead-in to a behind-the-scenes look at moviemaking. Many of the most captivating scenes from the first Indiana Jones film are recreated in this 30-minute live stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly called Disney-MGM Studio), filled with exciting stunts and special effects. This stunt spectacular which opened on this day in 1989 is based on the works of George Lucas, but was not his first presence in Disney parks. He was the executive producer of the Disneyland/Epcot 3D musical Captain Eo and the Disneyland/Disney MGM-Studios out-of-this-world attraction Star Tours.
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #40
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

This is one of the things that primarily got me into Indiana Jones. It had me imitating the show at home for years when I was a kid. I even got a few friends involved and put on a "Stunt Show" for our families one evening. We made a "boulder" out of a beach ball and tin foil, "spike traps" out of toilet paper holders and pipe cleaners, a jungle book plush snake as our "deadly cobra", and a bandanna and lightsaber transformed my friend into an evil masked swordsman. Good times. We had a ton of fun doing it.

I know my mom taped the show when we seen it originally back in the early nineties, 1991 or so. We have it somewhere. But every time I seen it, it still was fantastic. I haven't been to Disney World in about 6 or 7 years and I plan to go back when I graduate college next year hopefully.

Happy 25th Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! And thank you!
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #41
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

a Doc.. that's 20 years.. what's your PH.d in Math?
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #42
Goonie
IndyFan

I guess it's not much of a celebration this year with the stunt man's death just a few days ago.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #43
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchellhallock
a Doc.. that's 20 years.. what's your PH.d in Math?

Yeah. Why the hell did I say 25th? Heh. Weird.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #44
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I've always enjoyed this show and I've seen it numerous times. Although the ride in California is still THE definitive Indy experience, the show is a lot of fun and always a great way to spend an hour. I can't believe it's been going for twenty years already!
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #45
Rocket Surgeon

FREE CASTING CALL Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Walt Disney World

FREE CASTING CALL - Principal Stunt Actors (FL)

Casting no. 147264 - Florida, USA

Positions available in the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort

Disney Auditions is seeking Principal Stunt Actors for full-time, part-time and substitute positions in the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida.

All performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

This is a CLOSED audition. Family or friends will not be allowed inside the gymnasium during the audition. Please make appropriate travel plans.

Audition Location:

Orlando Metro Gymnastics
4658 LB McLeod Rd.
Orlando, FL 32811

Sign-in: February 21, 2010. 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Late applicants will not be accepted.

Requirements:
-Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.

-Please bring a current headshot and resume.

-Principal Stunt Actors must be able to demonstrate upper body strength and learn a choreographed fight sequence.

Payment details: Paid Role

Applications to this casting call require:
•A profile photo

Indiana Jones Stunt Double

Males, aged 20 to 30 from the United States

Experience in stage combat and rappelling. Good upper body strength and ability to work at substantial heights. Training in high falls a plus.

Marion Ravenwood Stunt Double

Females, aged 20 to 30 from the United States

Good upper body strength and athletic look. Ability to rappel and work at substantial heights.

German Mechanic:

6’4” to 7’0” with strong athletic build. Experience in stage combat a plus.

Created: 8 February 2010
Applications accepted until: 22 February 2010
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #46
Moedred
Administrator

You know, Indy and Marion did seem the same age...

The place was packed, even off season. Excellent response. The state of the franchise is strong! Take note: the Great Movie Ride shows the Raiders trailer in the queue, and the tram drives through a few sets modeled on and inspired by the Well of Souls. Anyone have a pic of animatronic Indy and Sallah lifting the ark?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #47
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Anyone have a pic of animatronic Indy and Sallah lifting the ark?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #48
Ska
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
FREE CASTING CALL - Principal Stunt Actors (FL)

Casting no. 147264 - Florida, USA

Positions available in the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort

Disney Auditions is seeking Principal Stunt Actors for full-time, part-time and substitute positions in the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida.

All performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

This is a CLOSED audition. Family or friends will not be allowed inside the gymnasium during the audition. Please make appropriate travel plans.

Audition Location:

Orlando Metro Gymnastics
4658 LB McLeod Rd.
Orlando, FL 32811

Sign-in: February 21, 2010. 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Late applicants will not be accepted.

Requirements:
-Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.

-Please bring a current headshot and resume.

-Principal Stunt Actors must be able to demonstrate upper body strength and learn a choreographed fight sequence.

Payment details: Paid Role

Applications to this casting call require:
•A profile photo

Indiana Jones Stunt Double

Experience in stage combat and rappelling. Good upper body strength and ability to work at substantial heights. Training in high falls a plus.

Marion Ravenwood Stunt Double

Females, aged 20 to 30 from the United States

Good upper body strength and athletic look. Ability to rappel and work at substantial heights.

German Mechanic:

6’4” to 7’0” with strong athletic build. Experience in stage combat a plus.

Created: 8 February 2010
Applications accepted until: 22 February 2010

Probably since one of their stunt men died last year when practicing for one of the shows.
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #49
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Probably since one of their stunt men died last year when practicing for one of the shows.

No doubt...sometimes corporate will technically fire and rehire their crew to have them sign new contracts which have been revised to indemnify corporate from some overlooked minutia.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #50
Rocket Surgeon

Behind the Scenes: Epic Stunt Spectacular