Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

WilliamBoyd8

Actress Audrey Totter, R.I.P., age 95

She was 1940's actress in "The Postman Always Rings Twice",
"Lady in the Lake" and "Alias Nick Beal".

:(

Stoo

R.I.P. - Peter O'Toole & Joan Fontaine

Peter O'Toole was not just T.E. Lawrence...he was also, LORD CHELMSFORD!:gun: A polar opposite man from Lawrence.

"Zulu Dawn" (1979)
Here he is with Ronald Lacey (Toht) and Denholm Elliott (Marcus Brody) just 2 years before "Raiders of the Lost Ark:".

ZuluDawn_OToole_zpsf67ee239.jpg

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Joan Fontaine, R.I.P., age 96.

She appeared in more than 30 movies, including "Gunga Din",
supposedly the inspiration for "Temple of Doom".
Joan Fontaine will be remembered for other things (Hitchcock) but here's my tiny tribute...

GungaDin_JoanFontaine_A_zps0b0e94c1.jpg

---
Re: Tom Laughlin...I used to watch "Billy Jack" every time the movie played on TV but I don't got no good pics of him!:(

Last edited:

Mickiana

Gear said:
Mickiana, sorry to hear the loss of someone of fond memories. But you're better off with the experience of having met him and his brother, regardless of the whip.

Yes, I agree.

Which is why we need a more uplifting thread for us still living here on Earth. Allow me to start off;

4:00 am UTC, future astronaut was born today in some general hospital. Boy, parents thinking of naming him Keith. Family was unavailable for comment regarding possibility of circumcision.

That is right, Gear. I actually hadn't seen him or his family for years. The whip is just a reminder, now with memories in a different perspective.

I love your suggestion for the 'predictive-life-story-announcements-of-new-borns'. That way no one is being "macabre" or "gleeful". :rolleyes:

Stoo

Phil Everly

R.I.P. to one half of The Everly Brothers, an influential & favourite act of mine. Phil was a great harmonizer & songwriter who will be sorely missed.

He also had a connection with Dr. Jones because "Wake Up Little Susie", by The Everly Brothers, is heard at the diner in Indy 4.

Here they were at the time in 1957 (Phil on the right):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4X7b2E_Jq-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

I remember reading an article last year that said he entered himself in rehab for an addiction, I just thought "Pity, but good for him for treating himself. Hope he recovers." Still, this is a shock.

May he RIP. Gave many great performances, even in bad movies.

P Tom

Maximilian Schell passes away at age 83.
The movies he had acted in include "Judgment at Nuremberg", "The Black Hole", "Deep Impact", among many.
He was in the TV movie "Stalin" in which he protrayed Lenin.

P Tom said:
Maximilian Schell passes away at age 83.
The movies he had acted in include "Judgment at Nuremberg", "The Black Hole", "Deep Impact", among many.
He was in the TV movie "Stalin" in which he protrayed Lenin.

Black Hole is da bomb!

Also love MST3K's savaging of Schell's Hamlet

Spectre

Pale Horse said:
Heroin, wow. Truly a shocker, but when you play with fire...

Agreed!
And his selfish act left behind three children under 10-years old without a father.
I hope the media lays off him, now.