(My Indy V) Indiana Jones and the Ravages of the Lost Continent

Dr.Jonesy

I was thinking about KOTCS the other day, and how I really want another Indy film that EVERYONE can love, like Last Crusade. I didn't really want KOTCS to be Temple of Doom Pt. 2, but it seems that way sometimes that it worked out that way. When I heard that Indy V was supposed to be "Emotional and Exciting" or another rumor about the Bermuda Triangle, I thought that sounded good. Plus I think people would like the return to a more Religous relic. Here's something I wrote up last night for fun.

Fell free to comment, criticize, say I "Raped your childhood", or praise it. If you have anything to add or give me a new title, feel free to say something.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 5 years after ‘Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’, ROTLC is a direct continuation of the last one. The film begins during the Cuban Missile Crisis, with Indy at a dig in Czechoslovakia, where an ancient settlement dated to the birth of Christ was found. He discovers and underground temple in near Mt. Ararat, and upon entering and exploring a booby trapped catacomb, he discovers a cylinder shaped piece of metal in the clasp of a body of a previous unfortunate grave robber, having not survived the booby traps. He takes it, but the explosions from nearby mining site being blown away rocks the temple, and causes it to begin caving in. He escapes, though his Turkish translator friend is left to die. Upon getting out, he is confronted by a group of black-market grave robbers, of which he must escape after a fight and chase to his plane. This serves as the beginning segment, following the Indy tradition.
He eventually flies back to the U.S. Back in the states, Mutt is off to college, while Indiana and Marion are settled in to their lives with Indy serving as the associate dean at Marshall College. However, marital problems between Indy and Marion arise as Indy discovers that she is hiding a chronic illness. He begins to feel that once he loses Marion, he’ll be back to the point he was at in the beginning of KOTCS, alone. He contemplates the fact that Mutt is already starting his life and regrets not seeing him grow up. He is ashamed that he has become his father; an ill wife about to die, and that he spent his life chasing after relics akin his father’s grail search, all the while neglecting his only son.
While at work, he examines the piece he found with Dean Charles Stanforth. He figures out that the piece is of the Staff of Kings, which Moses used to part the Red Sea. Astounded, he tries to discover more. A scroll is hidden inside the Staff piece, which reveals a map of the world as it was known at the time of Christ. The map is terribly dated, with some countries un-identifiable. However, it provides Indy with a map to the location of the three other pieces. Stanforth is contacted by the FBI about Jones’ recent find (due to the Czechoslovakian Govt. contacting the FBI about being distraught over the famed archaeologist leaving bodies and destroying an archaeological dig site), to which they find out. Indy’s home is broken into, Marion is taken into custody and Indy is black bagged and taken away. He is taken to FBI headquarters, and confronted by J. Edgar Hoover. The entire U.S. Govt. is stressing over their current situation. Russia is threatening Nuclear War, but China is also planning to undermine both nations by getting their hands on a destructive power rumored to be inside the lost city of Atlantis. This force would bring forth the power of God, a force ten-fold more destructive than any nuclear weapon. Even though they are as skeptical as Indy, they are too paranoid to take the chance of China attempting to undermine either nation, creating more conflict. They need Indy to find the 3 remaining Staff pieces and join them together, and once in one piece, it will part any sea and ocean at will, which would reveal the submerged lost continent so the U.S. can take the power for themselves and have the ultimate upper hand and end the crisis. They threaten Indy by blackmailing him as a communist, a title he lost in ’57, and killing Stanforth and Marion. Indy is furious. He’s angered at his life and how difficult and dangerous it’s been and after a life of beating, he must take one last beating for the nation he has fought for one last time, not to mention he’s too old for the lifestyle he’s left behind. Reluctantly, he agrees. The U.S. Govt. is desperate to avoid global destruction and will do anything by any means necessary. Even if it means taking the life of Marion and Stanforth to motivate Indy.

The film will contain:
-A chase through the Turkish mountains as Indy fist-fights and escapes grave robbers in the beginning of the film.
-A train and truck chase through Chinese mountains
-A bi-plane chase through a parted Atlantic ocean (With the Staff parting it as the chase goes on)
-The Bermuda Triangle is the location of Atlantis (The magnetic pull has sunken ships and planes over years. The magnetic pull is meant to suck the metallic Staff of Kings in to part the waves, revealing the lost continent.)
-The film takes us to the Red Sea, the Sudan, Greece and Nepal, where the Staff pieces are hidden.
-Indy works solo for majority of the film
-BRIEF return of Sallah as he visits the Sudan
-Scene of which Indy hangs up his hat, whip and jacket
-Climatic fight scene of Indy taking on a skilled Martial Arts combatant
-Creepy Crawlies- Japanese Hornets and Bats
-An emotional goodbye to Marion, in which sort of mirrors the audience saying goodbye to Indy after almost 30 years of adventure. This causes Indy to retire and call it a life well spent.

:whip:

Last edited:

Col. Detritch

You know thats actually pretty cool. If you don't mind me saying there are a few things that don't sit right with me like Marion's terminal illness (I find someting as huge as this would make it hard and slightly heartless for Indy to focus on the adventure itself) and the fact that both Atlantis and the Staff of Moses already exist in the Indy universe. But, it's just for fun- good job!:hat:

Dr.Jonesy

Col. Detritch said:
You know thats actually pretty cool. If you don't mind me saying there are a few things that don't sit right with me like Marion's terminal illness (I find someting as huge as this would make it hard and slightly heartless for Indy to focus on the adventure itself) and the fact that both Atlantis and the Staff of Moses already exist in the Indy universe. But, it's just for fun- good job!:hat:

Yeah the whole Marion thing was just kind of an idea that I just threw in there. I think it actually would **** off a ton of fans so that would be a beyond bad idea :p

Dr.Jonesy

Holy crap, I wrote this steaming pile two years ago!
:p
Yikes!!

:sick:

Although I don't think my idea of a chase through a staff-parted body of water is that bad of an idea.

Last edited:

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Not bad, but as I have said in another thread family issues should be left out. Plus, the illness of Marion repeates his story as it happend with him mother. But other than that it's a pretty good story.