Stereotypes

Magda

The only music I can dance to is techno at discos - mostly because it's always dark and nobody sees each other anyway.

Oh, and another stereotype I have heard about Poland is that it's freezing and looks like an arctic tundra. It's nowhere near polar as people may think, though at the moment it's cold for me because I am used to 40 C weather and sun every day. It's raining and I'm trapped indoors! :(

lol yeah just like Finland, but in this case I think its true, VP told me they can get up to -52ºC in winter in some finnish zones :sick:

Magda

I would prefer to live in a hot desert than in Scandinavia. -52 C is definitely not my cup of tea as I have told Finn many, many times. :O

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Luisiana Jones said:
lol yeah just like Finland, but in this case I think its true, VP told me they can get up to -52ºC in winter in some finnish zones :sick:

That's the all time record, usually it's something like -15 and -40 max in Lapland.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You did the trick
I didn't see it coming
I did not hear a sound

Though you were quick
I will not be forgiving

You won't be waiting for my return
I promise baby - You'll burn

Now it snows in hell
This is the day foretold till death do us apart
Now it snows in hell
I've gone away but I've got you in my heart
All frozen and scarred

Your life goes on
and it's infuriating
How did you not get caught

Your deed will spawn
a fate beyond your making

You won't be waiting for my return
I promise baby - You'll burn

Now it snows in hell - We're done masquerading
Now it snows in hell - No you won't be waiting
All frozen and scarred

You shouldn't visit me at my grave
My hands will grab you through the dirt
I giveth - I taketh away
Witness my rebirth from the devils churn

Hell - We're done masquerading
All frozen and scarred

Hell - We're done masquerading
All frozen and scarred

Lordi - It Snows in Hell

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
JediIndy said:
I'd like to visit France, I was in france 6 years ago, but with all the race riots, I'm not sure.

JediIndy said:
yet they are the most rascist pigs in history next to the germans!!!!!!:mad: The way they treat the muslims there. They can't go to school they can't even get any decent jobs, even crap Janitorial jobs are hard for them to get. They have a hard time getting into major towns. They are pushed into and forced to live in crap shanty towns outside the major cities in ghetto's and crap? If french people hate these people so much why don't they deport them.

Publicly funded State schools in France must be secular, owing to the 1905 separation of Church and State. Which means, if you want to go to public school you can't bear any ostentatious symbols (such as religious symbols, like a catholic cross or an Islamic veil). That way we are all equal in the school of the republic and not considered to belong to a specific group. Muslims go to school like everybody if they respect that, same goes for every religion.

As for racism, we have our problems, but I'm not sure we have more then in the United States. The riots (6 months ago, by the way), were mainly dued to the gap between those that live in the suberbs and those that live in the cities.

Reminds me of a recent conversation here at the Raven...

JediIndy said:
yet they are the most rascist pigs in history next to the germans!!!!!!:mad: The way they treat the muslims there. They can't go to school they can't even get any decent jobs, even crap Janitorial jobs are hard for them to get. They have a hard time getting into major towns. They are pushed into and forced to live in crap shanty towns outside the major cities in ghetto's and crap? If french people hate these people so much why don't they deport them.

What about the muslim countries, in which other religions arent able to place a single church? Muslims in France have the same problems that most inmigrants in every other country.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Umm I think that only christians have churches, temple is a more neutral term.

Magda

We can't accuse just a certain people of being racist because when it comes down to it, every country has individuals that are very, very judgmental towards outsiders - reverse racism.

JeremiahGateFan

Magda said:
We can't accuse just a certain people of being racist because when it comes down to it, every country has individuals that are very, very judgmental towards outsiders - reverse racism.
Yes, I agree, and that comment which indirectly said that Germans are the biggest racist pigs. I don't know where you get this from except maybe, the past. But certainly not the present. I am good friends with a German. Also, the Gemans will kill just about anyone who speaks out for Nazism which I think is totally wrong. They have a right to believe what they want to believe. In this country, that's called free speech.

indifan101

Here's a great example. A car is broken into by some crooks and they drive away before the cops can catch them. Then they see a goth looking punk kid ride his bike down the street just 10 feet from the broken into car. Who do you think the cops are going to go after? (note the kid had nothing to do with the break in).

But he is a punk, a punk Marge...

160cp_homer_simpson.jpg

Paden

indifan101 said:
Here's a great example. A car is broken into by some crooks and they drive away before the cops can catch them. Then they see a goth looking punk kid ride his bike down the street just 10 feet from the broken into car. Who do you think the cops are going to go after? (note the kid had nothing to do with the break in).
[Joking] But see, here's the problem. The goth kid may have had nothing to do with the car break-in, but you can bet that he's been involved in some other form of anti-social activity. Most likely he's riding his bike back from the home of a nice retired couple that he just bludgeoned to death with a random household implement. So, the cops picking him up is nothing but a wise move on their part. ;)

JeremiahGateFan

Paden said:
[Joking] But see, here's the problem. The goth kid may have had nothing to do with the car break-in, but you can bet that he's been involved in some other form of anti-social activity. Most likely he's riding his bike back from the home of a nice retired couple that he just bludgeoned to death with a random household implement. So, the cops picking him up is nothing but a wise move on their part. ;)
Yeah, but that's not always the case. I suppose its better to be safe than sorry but is that true when it is at the expense of someone else's rights. Wasn't goth a religion at one point in time? If so, those who are religios could be incorrectly categoized and harrased with those who are just a part of gothism to be anti-social.

Cammy

Violet Indy said:
Australians.... Hmmmm.... There's couple of different types actually...

1. the Surfer- blond, carefree dopes that are usually unemployed and often have only the words, "Umm, yeah" in their vocabulary.

2. the Croc Dundee- The Aussie cousin of the American hillbilly. Forever mad, chasing after crocs and wrestling as if that's going to save endangered species aroundthe world.

3. the Sportophiles- The Aussie fat boy pin up watching only Olympics, Tennis and footy.

Hahaha how true. I would also like to add (at least based on my own observations)

4. Dirty rag mullet (it's a hairstyle that looks horrifying but they like it... go figure) girls who seem to think dressing/acting like every other girl is cool, and it's cool to be a clone.

We have a lot of the Surfer skegs around here, they REALLY have nothing in their vocabulary but "yeah, sure, whatever". They are often seen spitting and often are stoned out of their mind so they have a half-dead expression on their face when serving people.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I forgot the dirty rag mullet!! Reg Regan's the perfect example. You noticed the clones too, eh? Those Pam Anderson wannabes!:p