If no Indy V is ever made....

Raiders90

If there's never any Indy V, does anyone else think the George Hall segments of Young Indy should be brought back in? As far as I was aware they were only taken out to keep the idea of Indy dying in "Indy 4" open. Yeah, Mutt's not mentioned, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. And I don't see why he and Marion couldn't have produced another child, a daughter. Would be nice to see that Indy lived at least into the 1990s.

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
If there's never any Indy V, does anyone else think the George Hall segments of Young Indy should be brought back in? As far as I was aware they were only taken out to keep the idea of Indy dying in "Indy 4" open. Yeah, Mutt's not mentioned, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. And I don't see why he and Marion couldn't have produced another child, a daughter. Would be nice to see that Indy lived at least into the 1990s.

Since Lucas doesn't mind changing his creations there's nothing stopping him putting Hall back in, and taking him back out again. But I don't think he would. Seeing that far into Indy's future, and with no visible Mutt, puts limits on Lucas' plans.

However, I regard Hall as an Indy imposter. It's as though Indy disappeared, and 'Old Indy', who'd been following 'real Indy's' career, starting making a history for himself by telling stories laced with reality, but heavily embellished - such as the Halloween tale; the absurd Kafka story; and given time he'd also have told the one about the refrigerator...

It would make sense that 'real Indy' never existed. So there never was an Ark of the Covenant either. It also explains all the other anachronisms, such as that bar in Nepal etc etc.

TalonCard

Wait, so in your opinion the only "genuine" Indy scenes in the entire series and movies are the now-excised and cheaply made George Hall scenes? That's a little...far fetched.

TC

Montana Smith

TalonCard said:
Wait, so in your opinion the only "genuine" Indy scenes in the entire series and movies are the now-excised and cheaply made George Hall scenes? That's a little...far fetched.

TC

Wait, so in your opinion Indiana Jones isn't far-fetched? :confused:

If Old Indy was the teller of all stories then he has a lot in common with Baron Munchausen, or Forrest Gump. An American bar in forbidden Nepal. Machines and weapons in existence before their creation. Meeting just about every famous person living at the time. Finding the Ark and the Holy Grail. Meeting aliens and invoking Shiva. Meeting Dracula and entering the wacky world of Kafka. Thrown clear of an atomic blast inside a refrigerator.

Yes, these are the tall stories of somebody seeking attention.

Or,

Mephisto said:
Indy only existed in the mind of a young autistic boy.

Crack that whip

Montana Smith said:
Wait, so in your opinion Indiana Jones isn't far-fetched? :confused:

If Old Indy was the teller of all stories then he has a lot in common with Baron Munchausen, or Forrest Gump. An American bar in forbidden Nepal. Machines and weapons in existence before their creation. Meeting just about every famous person living at the time. Finding the Ark and the Holy Grail. Meeting aliens and invoking Shiva. Meeting Dracula and entering the wacky world of Kafka. Thrown clear of an atomic blast inside a refrigerator.

Yes, these are the tall stories of somebody seeking attention.

In fairness, people do enter the wacky world of Kafka and the maddening bureaucratic nightmares within all the time. I'd say that particular adventure does bring Indy and his exploits back a bit into the realm of the not only plausible but all-too-commonplace.
;)

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
If there's never any Indy V, does anyone else think the George Hall segments of Young Indy should be brought back in? As far as I was aware they were only taken out to keep the idea of Indy dying in "Indy 4" open.
The thought that the Old Indy segments were removed to keep the idea of Indy dying in "Indy 4" open, is only fan speculation. No official word has ever stated this (as far as I know). The bookends were discontinued while the show was still being aired and plans to package coupled episodes into telefilms (without Old Indy) goes back as early as 1996.

I highly doubt they will ever be put back in but...who knows? Only time will tell.
Raiders112390 said:
Yeah, Mutt's not mentioned, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. And I don't see why he and Marion couldn't have produced another child, a daughter.
Raiders112390, considering you didn't see the show during it's original run on television, where did you watch the George Hall segments?
Mephisto said:
Indy only existed in the mind of a young autistic boy.
Oh, man, dig it!(y) Mephisto, you MUST be a referring to the very, last scene in the final episode of the great, '80s TV series, "St. Elsewhere"!:hat: Dr. Westphall and his autistic son, Tommy (who is mentioned throughout the series but never actually seen until this part). It's an alternate reality where Dr. Westphall isn't a doctor and Tommy spends his time looking into a snowglobe with a miniature model of the hospital inside. The last line was something like, "I wonder what it is you think of when you stare into that thing?". Brilliant ending.

Your theory is resonating because Indy is no stranger to looking into a snowglobe!:p

YoungIndy_SnowGlobe.jpg