General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Pale Horse

Staff member
This generation has no idea what "want" means...(sigh)

want
wänt,wônt

verb
have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.
"I want an apple"
synonyms: desire, wish for, hope for, aspire to, fancy, care for, like; More
archaic
lack or be short of something desirable or essential.
"you shall want for nothing while you are with me"​

noun
archaic
a lack or deficiency of something.
"Victorian houses which are in want of repair"
synonyms: lack, absence, nonexistence, unavailability; More

Disney is in want of Indiana Jones

a desire for something.
"the expression of our wants and desires"
synonyms: wish, desire, demand, longing, yearning, fancy, craving, hankering; More​

As the saying goes, "Want in one hand, Sh** in the other; see which fills the fastest.

Silvor

The way he paused and sort of more carefully let out that Disney "is fine with it happening" makes me think Disney might not be quite as aboard as Ford and Spielberg.
Really hopes it happens though, just the way he said it made me take notice.

Hanselation

Silvor said:
The way he paused and sort of more carefully let out that Disney "is fine with it happening" makes me think Disney might not be quite as aboard as Ford and Spielberg.
Really hopes it happens though, just the way he said it made me take notice.

There is more progress on Indy 5 - but he is not allowed to tell about.
Look at his face, by saying that Indy 5 could happen
(It WILL happen! (y) )

attachments.php

TheFedora

Kathleen Kennedy comments on the state (or lack of) Indiana jones 5

Where are you with Indiana Jones 5?

We're all trying to figure out when the right time is to step back in. Harrison really wants to do it; Steven really wants to do it. We've kicked around a couple of story ideas, but beyond that, I don't know yet. I think there will be one, we'll certainly move forward with Indy. But right now, everybody's just focused on Star Wars.
So again they are still at the 'story ideas' level. I just hope they know what sort of Macguffin they want to go with. Yeah, I figured everything would be on hold until after the Force Awakens.

Udvarnoky

I don't understand why Star Wars keeps getting used as an excuse, as if the workload of the executives should matter. If they're bandying about story ideas, that's enough to have people turning out drafts.

The Reaper

Yeah, that's been my feeling. Once Star Wars is out they will start making moves. I think once the public sees Han Solo in action they will start clamoring for more Indy. Ford looks damn good in the trailers so I think that will have a lot to do with hyping up a new Indy film.

curmudgeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCM2NsiB4WQ&feature=youtu.be&a

Ford got another Indy question at around 2:38 in this video.

On George Lucas:

"I think he's not just stepped away but stepped into another world for himself, and he's happy there and engaged there with his family and his... and the things there that he's interested in doing.

I think he's left us well prepared to deal with, in this case Indiana Jones. Steven is a good steward of the character and the stories, and we have the opportunity to think about what would be a good story, and if we get one we'll make another Indiana Jones."

IndyForever

curmudgeon said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCM2NsiB4WQ&feature=youtu.be&a

Ford got another Indy question at around 2:38 in this video.

On George Lucas:

"I think he's not just stepped away but stepped into another world for himself, and he's happy there and engaged there with his family and his... and the things there that he's interested in doing.

I think he's left us well prepared to deal with, in this case Indiana Jones. Steven is a good steward of the character and the stories, and we have the opportunity to think about what would be a good story, and if we get one we'll make another Indiana Jones."
So Lucas is done then but will Spielberg come up with a story I wonder!

Dr. Gonzo

IndyForever said:
So Lucas is done then...

Yes, I've been telling you this (specifically you) for months/years.
You've just been failing to comprehend it or just been ignoring facts.

IndyForever said:
but will Spielberg come up with a story I wonder!

With Spielberg's comments as of late, that is indeed something to wonder about, finally you and I are on common ground.

I'm sure Steve's got some small ideas rollin' around in his noggin, but how high they are up on his priority ladder?
...well that's a lightsaber of a different color.

IndyForever

Dr. Gonzo said:
Yes, I've been telling you this (specifically you) for months/years.
You've just been failing to comprehend it or just been ignoring facts.

With Spielberg's comments as of late, that is indeed something to wonder about, finally you and I are on common ground.

I'm sure Steve's got some small ideas rollin' around in his noggin, but how high they are up on his priority ladder?
...well that's a lightsaber of a different color.
I was not ignoring facts at all just going on Spielbergs previous public statements that he would only make another if George Lucas was involved.

Now that is not the case anymore (Lucas looked miserable at the Star Wars premiere no wonder he retired!!) we can all show a little optimism if Spielberg is the person who is tasked with finding the story (before Ford is 80 which would obviously never work).

At least TFA will be a massive box office smash given Ford clout to retain Indy 5 lead (in Disney's eye's removing the doubt about that).

Z dweller

IndyForever said:
At least TFA will be a massive box office smash given Ford clout to retain Indy 5 lead (in Disney's eye's removing the doubt about that).
I actually believe that Disney will view TFA's sucess as proof that using the stars of the original movies to introduce new, younger characters is a winning formula - one which lays out the foundations for plenty of $$$ to be made with subsequent movies starring those younger characters only.

Then they'll apply a similar strategy to introduce a new actor as younger Indy in the next movie, while Ford bows out by playing a bookend-type role (but big enough not to hurt his ego, of course).

Grizzlor

I think at this point that Harrison will come back pretty much regardless of the script. Spielberg is another story, but I look at it like The X-Files. If the braintrust find new stories to tell a year or two from now, David and Gillian will return again. They love doing the characters.

Udvarnoky

Based on the new Star Wars, Harrison seems fully capable of carrying another Indy movie, at least if they make it right now.

Grizzlor

Henry W Jones said:
Part of me hopes after seeing Star Wars that we leave Indy alone before his legacy is further trampled

What legacy? They're movies. They could make a really entertaining movie, like TFA is, or another dud. The world will not end either way. Raiders will still be a legendary film. It's not going to be a lazy cash grab like say the 5th Die Hard.

Henry W Jones

Grizzlor said:
What legacy? They're movies. They could make a really entertaining movie, like TFA is, or another dud. The world will not end either way. Raiders will still be a legendary film. It's not going to be a lazy cash grab like say the 5th Die Hard.

I disagree. TFA in my opinion isn't a great film by any means. Also, when people always bring up CS when you bring up Indiana Jones, says to me his legacy is tarnished already.

Major West

The new Star Wars has been a huge success thanks to Disney. They also own Indy. There will be more films. Pretty much a fact. Get used to the idea:hat: