-Camp scene w/ Mac, Spalko, and Indy with the skull
-Most of the Jungle Chase
-Fight with Indy and Dovechenko
-Ant's scene
-All Akator scenes up until the Marion/Indy scene
-Temple of Alien Skeletons
-Temple falling to pieces, escaping, and UFO take-off

Disliked:
-Marion's character, her intro (little dialogue w/ Indy while smiling)
-Sand pit scene-too corny for me
-The scene in the back of the truck
-Mutt being the main star of the jungle chase
-Tarzan swinging (need I say more?)
-They way Spalko says "Turn!" before crashing over Indy's car
-Marion keeps smiling in life or death situation:confused: :mad:
-Family friendly feel of most of the movie
-They jump onto a tree and have it bend all the way down to the river safely
-Survining 3 waterfalls (n)
-Oxley's character. He was kind of a waste of John Hurt
-The cluttering of characters with Indy. He needs to mostly work alone. 1 sidekick tops.
-Lack of focus on story. Especially on character development.
-Indy can't get married! (n)

Of course, I love this movie. Just some things could've been avoided, you know?

What were your likes/dislikes?

Crusade>Raiders

Liked:

-Harrison Ford. Ford is still Indiana Jones(or Henry, as the film continues to call him). I wish I'm in that great of shape when I'm 65.

-John Williams. Easily his weakest score, but its still awesome. Jungle Chase and Finale ftw.

-Shia Lebeouf. For all my complaints about him, it wasn't his fault he had to deal with such crappy writing. He did a solid job.

-Ray Winstone. Same as above.

-The opening is ok, I guess.

-Ant scene is decent, despite the "action doesn't happen beyond the camera" problem.

-Oh, and I enjoy the diner scene.

I think that might sum up the positves :(

The_Raiders

I can't beleive threads like this are still popping up, we have so many identicle to this one I lost count :rolleyes: Sankara's going to have fun here probably. All I'm goig to say is I love KOTCS. (y)

caats

i liked a lot of the scenes the first poster disliked. there's too much effort in doing this for me though, haha. love the flick

CasualJeff

There was not a single element of Kingdom of the Crystal STUPID that I liked because I am a true fan of Indiana Jones. Only TRUE Indy fans hate this movie. If you like this movie, then you hate Indiana Jones because you are not a TRUE fan.

There--now that I've said that, Sankara has no reason to post in this thread.

Personally, I agree with the majority of fans on this site, although I lean more on the positive side overall. The jungle chase/tarzan stuff is really shockingly bad. I cringed in the movie theater, but hoped I was being too hard on it and that it would get less lame over time. Now that I've seen the DVD a couple of times, I can confirm that the scene only gets worse and worse.

I still give major props to Harrison, though. He did a great job. I'll also give major props to John Williams. The score did not stand out at all to me in the theater, but now that I've seen it again at home, there is a lot of really good music here.

Sankara

Personally, I agree with the majority of people and fans all over the world, there are not many good things about this movie.

Liked:

The look of Harrison Ford!

The beginning of Doom Town

Disliked:

No Indiana Jones in this movie

Marion is not Marion in this movie

A son of Indy *LOL*

Living Aliens!

The marriage!*LOL*

To much over the top scenes (fridge, rubbertree, waterfalls...)

No whip

No good humor

"nothing great"-soundtrack

Tarzan swinging

Not enough traps

sandpit scene

Jungle Chase

Dr. Wolfwood

To use the original poster's list:

Liked or was at least acceptable:
-Opening drag race
-Indy in the trunk and opening scene
-FBI interrogation scene
-Diner Scene
-Mutt's intro/diner scene
-Marion's character, her intro
-Nazca street/sanitorium scenes
-Graveyard search and Orellana's tomb
-The scene in the back of the truck
-Fight with Indy and Dovechenko
-Ant scene
-All Akator scenes up until the Marion/Indy scene
-Indy _got_ married!

Disliked:
-Warehouse search
-Warehouse escape
-Doomtown
-Motorcycle chase
-Sand pit scene-too corny for me
-Camp scene w/ Mac, Spalko, and Indy with the skull
-Most of the Jungle Chase
-Mutt being the main star of the jungle chase
-Tarzan swinging (need I say more?)
-They way Spalko says "Turn!" before crashing over Indy's car
-Marion keeps smiling in life or death situation
-Family friendly feel of most of the movie
-They jump onto a tree and have it bend all the way down to the river safely
-Surviving 3 waterfalls
-Oxley's character. He was kind of a waste of John Hurt
-Temple of Alien Skeletons
-Temple falling to pieces, escaping, and UFO take-off
-The cluttering of characters with Indy. He needs to mostly work alone. 1 sidekick tops.
-Lack of focus on story. Especially on character development.

Darth Vile

Sankara said:
Personally, I agree with the majority of people and fans all over the world, there are not many good things about this movie.

Liked:

The look of Harrison Ford!

The beginning of Doom Town

Disliked:

No Indiana Jones in this movie

Marion is not Marion in this movie

A son of Indy *LOL*

Living Aliens!

The marriage!*LOL*

To much over the top scenes (fridge, rubbertree, waterfalls...)

No whip

No good humor

"nothing great"-soundtrack

Tarzan swinging

Not enough traps

sandpit scene

Jungle Chase

You know the only real thing I truly dislike about KOTCS is having to listen to whiney little f*ckers like you spouting the same rubbish, post after post… ad infinitum...

The_Raiders

Sankara said:
@darth Vile
*LOL*

Well, I was "on topic"... I don't think you are... :D
I don't know, Sankara, after reading the majority of your post you do seem like a whiney f*cker. :rolleyes:

Sankara

Oh... I forgot something...

Liked:

Okay, I agree! The score is nothing great... nothing against "Raiders", "Temple" or "Crusade"... yes... BUT: I really like the "Skull"-Theme.

Disliked:

CGI-Ants

The pictures of Brody and Henry Jones Senior

Family friendly feel of most of the movie

Bvance

Holy Cow! I seriously can't believe that ANOTHER tread about this has opened up! USE THE SEARCH TOOL!

I am about 10 seconds away from sicking the Kali-Ma on your A@$.

Anyway, who honestly cares what any of you thought about the movie. Some liked it, some didn't. It doesn't change my opinion anyway, so enough with the same threads over and over again. There are about 3 new threads a day that are about how you guys liked Indy 4.

Now while this thread is lame, however I must admit that 'The Man's' response that "the hype." was his favorite part is Hilarious! Because seriously that was probably my favorite part too. ;)

Darth Vile

Bvance said:
Holy Cow! I seriously can't believe that ANOTHER tread about this has opened up! USE THE SEARCH TOOL!

I am about 10 seconds away from sicking the Kali-Ma on your A@$.

Anyway, who honestly cares what any of you thought about the movie. Some liked it, some didn't. It doesn't change my opinion anyway, so enough with the same threads over and over again. There are about 3 new threads a day that are about how you guys liked Indy 4.

Now while this thread is lame, however I must admit that 'The Man's' response that "the hype." was his favorite part is Hilarious! Because seriously that was probably my favorite part too. ;)
Not so much the "Hype", but the speculation... That's always enjoyable. ;)

EvilDevo

(y) (y) (y)
- classic logo dissolve into prairie dog burrow
- drag race/shoelace scene
- intro to Indy, "Russians."
- entire warehouse scene from start to finish
- rocket sled
- doomtown
- all the atomic blast effects
- Spalko, Dovchenko, "Mac", "Mutt", Marion
- the ants
(y) (y) (y)

(n) (n) (n)
- okay, we get it, prairie dogs... enough already
- the fridge flying through the air and bouncing all over the place
- Oxley, Charles
- no traps in the cemetery/tomb
- Mutt stealing the show through most of the camp and jungle
- the monkeys and vines
- the drive off the cliff into a tree, "Yes dear."
- the Ugha warriors live inside walls, I guess...
- spinning long dead alien skeletons together creates a single living one?
- speaking of: why not make it animatronic and limit the CG?
- the wedding
(n) (n) (n)

Lambonius

I've watched the DVD several times now, most recently just a few hours ago, and there are two places that really bug me in terms of the editing.

One is the cemetary warrior battle, right after Indy backfires the dart into the warrior's throat, and then another warrior jumps out at Mutt and is scared off by Indy's pistol. In the comic (and novel as well, I believe,) Indy uses his whip to fight off the cemetary warriors. It seems as though this was part was shot, since we have seen the clips of Harrison using the whip in the cemetary locale, but for some reason it was inexpicably cut from the film. Every time I watch that scene, I can't help but feel like something is missing, like the scene would have been so much better if they had left in some kind of more complex choreographed whip fight. Would have been so awesome.

The second part is in the Russian camp, when Indy is shackled to the chair and Mac comes in to talk to him. There is a shot where Indy asks Mac how many names he gave the Reds, how many good men died because of his treason, and then there is a really awkward (at least it feels awkward to me) cut to the shot where Indy says "When I get out of this chair I'm going to break your nose." It seems to me that there should have been (and probably was, but it was cut, again inexpicably) some dialogue fleshing out Indy and Mac's relationship, after Indy yells at Mac for being a traitor but before he threatens to break his nose. That part continues to bug me. I just wish we could have gotten more character development for Mac; he's so underdeveloped it kills me.

Other than that, I love the film more and more every time I watch it. It's really starting to feel just as classic as the other ones for me, though still by far my least favorite.

Vendetta08

Oxley was useless, you cast a terrific actor like John Hurt then give him a nothing role!

And Mac, him turning on Indy at the beginning did nothing for the audience because we barely have a clue who the character is. He should have been replaced with Sallah.

But with that said, some parts depended too much on the previous films. I'm talking about Marion. She did nothing in this film and her entire role was completely dependent on what she did in Raiders. She barely does anything in the film and audiences who haven't seen Raiders in a long time or not at all won't care for her at all.

That is what I disliked, everything else I liked! Ford was terrific and I was surprised by how much I liked Mutt. Spalko is just as awesome as Toht and the giant ants were great fun. I loved how they devoured the nazis, reminded me of the scab beetles in the Mummy.