The Raven Adventures

isaac_z

isaac looks up from his beer, slowly warming in his hands as he rotates the glass on the counter top.

"nazis, huh? someone lock the door and bring in that kid from outside. his tongue's about to fall off and that's all we need right now."

finn reaches his arm through the open frame, grabbing the freezing kid by the scruff of his neck. with a quick jerk, the bouncer pulls him inside, tongue a bit sore, but back in the warmth.

the latch on the lock makes an audible click. footsteps are heard crunching through the snow.

indyflys_solo

Footsteps...

The Raven's door latched shut as Finn dragged a frozen hiker in from the cold. Elizabeth Cary looked up from her glass of whiskey, perceptibly shrinking in her worn pilot's jacket. The young hiker colder than she was; he was blue. But even next to the Raven's generous fireplace, Elizabeth felt cold, that familiar chill...
Across the table from her, one of the usual patrons nursed a beer. Issac, Eliabeth thought his name was. He glanced at her curiously over his beer, and she immediately ducked her head. It wasn't anything against him, Issac seemed like a decent fellow. It was just that she found it hard to look people in the eyes after... after what she had done.
She tossed back another drink, setting her empty glass down gently on the table. The young hiker was at the bar now, talking to Marion and Finn. He was waving his hands excitedly, while Marion listened skeptically and Finn looked on, evidently under the impression that this kid had spent a few hours too long in a snowdrift. Elizabeth was good at observing people. Unfortunately, Hitler had thought so too. It was his fault that she was here, now. That she had done what she had done, and ruined her life.
Elizabeth winced, and looked towards the window. Suddenly, over the din, she heard something else. It was the simultaneous crunching of boots on the snow; a sound she had heard too many times before. It held an eerie familiarity that brought her back to Germany and the Alps, back to her old nightmare of a life... the sound seemed too perfect; too coordinated. Suddenly, she knew.
Nazis.
It wasn't just her mind playing tricks on her again. This was real. In the few brief moments before the door was pounded open, only one thought was passed through Elizabeth's alcohol-dulled, exhausted mind.
Oh, God. Please, not here. Not now. Oh God, please no.

Hedwig

Footsteps became louder and louder, but suddenly, they stopped. It was completely quiet. Nobody dared to make a noise inside the bar. Some of the people were scared, some of them were calm and ready to fight. But everyone knew that what ever will happen, it won't be good.
They waited, but nothing happened. "Maybe they left", someone whispered. At the same moment the bar's door flew open and the Nazi soldiers marched in. There were dozens of soldiers, and they all had a blank look on their faces.
Against all odds the soldiers didn't start to fire their weapons. They looked around the bar, they were looking for someone. But who?

indyflys_solo

Elizabeth took a shuddery breath, feeling faint. The soldiers would turn any minute, see her face, all would be lost...
A soldier glanced her way, and she couldn't strangle her terrified gasp. But the soldier looked past her, his eyes raking the room in calculated strokes. With a shock, Elizabeth realized that they weren't here for her. Then who are they looking for?
Marion Ravenwood stood motionless behind the bar, her survival sense obviously overriding her natural tendency to fight back. Finn watched the soldiers carefully, but Elizabeth could see digust and contempt in his expression. The Raven's patrons watched the soldiers without a word, waiting to see who would strike the first blow.
The Nazi who had seen Elizabeth continued to search the room with his eyes, and Elizabeth recoiled as an explanation suddenly hit her. The soldiers weren't here for someone... they were here for something.

Hedwig

Were they looking for the crystal skull that Jenny Thunder had brought with her? No. There was something else in the bar that was far more interesting...

col.dietrich

then, col.dietrich stepped in to get a piece of the action, only to get cut apart by machine-gun fire. the shooter was, (dun,dun,DUN!) indyclone25! :eek:

DocWhiskey

DocWhiskey quickly gathered col. dietrich's now severed limbs into a small nap sack. "Don't worry! I'm a doctor!" He said as he dodged Indyclone25's rapid machine gun fire.

col.dietrich

as Finn and hemble stepped in to stop the madness and a get back to the original story, Gilles V said "the story is going off course and that the rest of the story shall have nothing to do with previous posts.", then, all 3 of them got shot by indyclone25.

Gear

Then indyclone25's mad, randomized, shrieking fire spray was silenced by the stop of a gun shot. His expression suddenly went absent before he melted to his knees and layed crumpled on the floor. "That sh*t gets old." muttered a guy sitting in a booth against the far wall. This fellow leaned forward to stuff his pistol back in it's old holster under his plaid over shirt. Doing so, the light caught his peace buckle from over his tucked tee. And beneath the low brim of his brown wool cap and overgrown hair he asked the led tender for another joe, picking up and rattling the empty mug.

After his hand had rummaged away his gun, he leaned back into the shadows and crossed a torn jean leg. The folks scattered around the place went back to their festivities and such and dealt with the newly created corpses.

The gal behind the bar produced a cig and set it with the flick of a zippo. While doing so, she took a short studying glance at him. Then with coy essence turned to take his order.

Meanwhile...

Gear

... And this was little to their knowledge, the assorted tribe that dwelt here.

The bar tender with swagger brought over another simmering cup of dark juice for the male in this corner. She set it down, then erected herself to a firm footed stance. Her closed lips shifted ever so slightly to the side in recognition.

And me, although earlier on, her. Marion Ravenwood.

I couldn't conceal an opened mouthed smirk.

She cut off any words I might have said. "You're payin for those damages." And as though she'd forgot to add something she leaned in a hair. "And don't think of tryin anything smart with me, Gypo.". With that she returned back behind the bar to scrub the counter and while finishing that smoke struck up lazy conversation with a couple of the small Monday night patrons...

Meanwhile...

Gear

Ooh, that magick feeling... nowhere to go

... All settled and collected itself back to what was apparently normal.

Heh. A large grin emerged. This reminded me of back in Double Bell.

This guy in the brown cap stood from his table and meandered towards the bar, gingerly as not to slop my cup. I leaned against the counter near Marion and her tiny assorted company and waited until she finally rolled her gaze to me. "Hey, Marion... " Took a drink then set it down. "Listen, uh... do you think I could bed here tonight? Just in that back storage room?" For a short moment she laid a heavy stare on me, "Why?..." she replied cockily. She knew, she knew me. She was only messing with me. I pulled the entirety of my accumulated cash from my pocket and placed it upon the counter top. Wasn't all that much, so I added a pack of Djarum cigarettes on top of it. "And I can help around the place... how 'bout it?"

There seemed to be a dozen bouncers around the tavern and a couple of them were eying me. She only stared back into my eyes as she took another shot. "Sure." she decided after a long while. "Be good... probation period." she jested to me as she trotted off. I made my way behind the bar and put a fist on my hip. "What'll it be... ya scruff?" I asked the bouncer on the other side to myself.

Meanwhile...