Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

Montana Smith

mister64 said:
Are those the sets that had the motorcycle/sidecar that people customized into a TLC version?

I'm pretty sure they are.

I took a good look at the Jeep in our local toyshop but couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Found a perfect scale camel, though, second hand. It has the 'AAA' mark within a circle underneath. The company was never in the Papo league, but the camel is a good sculpt.

Stoo

Not being a follower of this thread nor an action figure guy, perhaps this has already been mentioned but...

In a Swiss department store (Co-Op, I think it's also a chain in the UK) there was some African-themed stuff by a German company called, Schleich. They had in stock:

-an African tree (looks like a baobab tree to me).
-an VERY LARGE African outpost complete with thatched roof & fenced veranda.
-a plane (looks like a Piper Cub) painted with a zebra pattern. With a new paint job, this would be perfect for a Harry Steele "Secret of the Incas" diorama!
-a large truck with an Indy-ish looking driver. The cab is a flat-front (green with a silver grille) and the back of the truck has high walls of 'wooden' slats for containing cargo.

Each item looked compatible with the Hasbro figres so I just thought the info would be worth passing along to you folks.;)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Not being a follower of this thread nor an action figure guy, perhaps this has already been mentioned but...

In a Swiss department store (Co-Op, I think it's also a chain in the UK) there was some African-themed stuff by a German company called, Schleich. They had in stock:

-an African tree (looks like a baobab tree to me).
-an VERY LARGE African outpost complete with thatched roof & fenced veranda.
-a plane (looks like a Piper Cub) painted with a zebra pattern. With a new paint job, this would be perfect for a Harry Steele "Secret of the Incas" diorama!
-a large truck with an Indy-ish looking driver. The cab is a flat-front (green with a silver grille) and the back of the truck has high walls of 'wooden' slats for containing cargo.

Each item looked compatible with the Hasbro figres so I just thought the info would be worth passing along to you folks.;)

Thanks, Stoo.

Some of those have been mentioned, but I didn't know there was also a 'plane.

I think Lance was working on the truck.

The 'outpost' (animal hospital?) has been in my mind for a while, but space and cost are both issues.

The Co-operative is indeed a British concern, who'll arrange everything from your groceries to your funeral! Though I've never known them to sell toys over here.

Lance Quazar

Yeah, they announced the plane a while back, it's pretty new. Haven't had the chance to pick it up yet, but I want to make sure you can get the figures in there.

Yeah, I have the truck, which is great. Haven't had a chance to work on painting it yet.

The figures only barely can be squeezed in. The Schleich figurines are smaller than the Indy line, so it's a bit of a challenge.

Which is why I want see how the figures compare to the plane before I take the plunge.

Here again are the pics of the truck I posted a while back....

truck1.jpg

Truck2.jpg

Lance Quazar

Stoo said:

Unfortunately, the plane will NOT fit a figure in the pilot's seat. It's a little too small, there's just no leg room at all.

If you were to remove the legs from a figure, you could probably put one there for display purposes.

I bought one, not sure if I will return it or perhaps attempt to modify it so you can figure a figure. Would entail removing about a 1/4 of plastic from the nose area (though, theoretically, you could do it without it harming the aesthetics, since the nose is a separate piece.)

Not sure if I want to risk it, given my incredibly limited skills as a craftsman.....

Montana Smith

It doesn't look too bad in the photos, Lance.

If you're keeping it, it'd be great to see some pictures alongside the Indy figures.

Schleich_plane2.jpg

schleich-airplane-collage.png

Lance Quazar

I caved and took the whole thing out of the box and assembled it. It just looks too darn cool and the Indy figures look great along side it.

Despite my trepidation, I think I will attempt to do the modification so I can take a shot at fitting my pilot figure in the seat.

Plenty of other figures can fit in the back.

I will also have to do something about the paint job....but, then again, I said the same thing about the truck and have yet to modify that one.

Maybe I'll have time over the holidays....?

Luke Sprywalker

The truck and plane look great! I would love to find one of those trucks to repaint and weather. I have not been around here much of late and luckily decided to poke my head in here today. I have found a pretty good head for Belloch, had it cast and will be back in a few days with some pics.

Lance Quazar

^Cooool! Might even be better for the smaller action figures. Would feel more like an "environment" than just a sliver of a wall as it towered over a tiny Indy.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
^Cooool! Might even be better for the smaller action figures. Would feel more like an "environment" than just a sliver of a wall as it towered over a tiny Indy.

I saw this the other day over at Sideshow Freaks, and you're right, Lance. It would make a more substantial display for the 3 3/4" figures. These mini-displays don't really grab me as 1/6 environments since they look a bit limited. But for smaller figures you could get a much bigger diorama.

Billy Ray

Check out these 1:18 scale WWII German Soldiers from the "Our War" line, recently revealed at Toy Fair:

011Mil_NewGermans01_Full.jpg

011Mil_NewGermans02_Full.jpg

Saw these posted over at Jedi Defender and did a little digging, apparently they are from a company called Tieka Toys. They have made some modern US Army figures that look pretty darn cool and are sold out everywhere online.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Check out these 1:18 scale WWII German Soldiers from the "Our War" line, recently revealed at Toy Fair:

Saw these posted over at Jedi Defender and did a little digging, apparently they are from a company called Tieka Toys. They have made some modern US Army figures that look pretty darn cool and are sold out everywhere online.

Never heard of that company before. They have cartoony faces, but their hairstyles are dead accurate! They might even have pop-on heads compatible with Hasbro, so could make useful custom fodder.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Never heard of that company before. They have cartoony faces, but their hairstyles are dead accurate! They might even have pop-on heads compatible with Hasbro, so could make useful custom fodder.

Saw those pics recently, thanks for the images Billy.

I do hope they are closer in scale to the Indy line than the 21st Century figures, which were generally a bit too tall.

And, yeah, hopefully those goofy heads are easily replaceable.

Billy Ray

Yeah, the heads are kind of cartoony. The figures themselves look pretty nice though...pretty awesome articulation. The gear is nice too, can never have enough gear.

I saw on one of the GI-Joe forums where someone had swapped Joe heads with the modern US Army figures they have out. Those also looked to be in scale with the Joes. Th emodern figures are pretty nice too:

http://store.foxholetoys.com/ourwarsoldiers.html

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Well, I happened to stumble onto the figures for the new "Pirates of the Carbibbean" movie in the store the other day.

Unfortunately, Zazzle, the company that made figures for the first three movies, is NOT making the new line.

While the Zazzle figures were not blessed with great articulation and never managed to make a decent Jack Sparrow headsculpt, the new figures are utter garbage in comparison.

Sadly, the scale is off- they are a little bit too big to stand alongside Indy, Star Wars and the Zazzle figures. But more noticeably, they are just BAD looking figures. Crap faces, really indistinct, cruddy detailing. They look almost like preschool aged toys - big, thick, ugly.

Ick.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Well, I happened to stumble onto the figures for the new "Pirates of the Carbibbean" movie in the store the other day.

Unfortunately, Zazzle, the company that made figures for the first three movies, is NOT making the new line.

While the Zazzle figures were not blessed with great articulation and never managed to make a decent Jack Sparrow headsculpt, the new figures are utter garbage in comparison.

Sadly, the scale is off- they are a little bit too big to stand alongside Indy, Star Wars and the Zazzle figures. But more noticeably, they are just BAD looking figures. Crap faces, really indistinct, cruddy detailing. They look almost like preschool aged toys - big, thick, ugly.

Ick.

Two steps forward, and three back.

The Zazzles were hit and miss, as you say. The Cannibal and the Chinese pirate were good, and useful for Indy.