Indiana Jones Stuff - Digital Versions

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
coversm.jpg

postersm.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It hadn't struck me before that "Giant Painted Indy Centerfold" is a little bit funny.

I also love the design, and the font, on that Last Cruade ad, harvey.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the text of the Starblazer article, JJ? I wonder if they had a smidgen of inside knowledge on the Diane Thomas script.

Billy Ray

So show is this "one of America's top artists" that painted this poster? It almost looks like Boris Vallejo, but not quite. It's a pretty near poster none the less.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
So show is this "one of America's top artists" that painted this poster? It almost looks like Boris Vallejo, but not quite. It's a pretty near poster none the less.

I'm a big fan of Vallejo's art, and yes, this one isn't quite him. I don't know if the artist's name has been discovered, but the last I read it was 'unknown', despite the tag on the cover.

Stoo

Moedred said:
Do you have the text of the Starblazer article, JJ? I wonder if they had a smidgen of inside knowledge on the Diane Thomas script.
Starblazer's article about Indy 3 is completely fabricated speculation. They had no inside knowledge other than the fact the story was "rumoured" to be about King Solomon's Mines.

(I know you asked JJ but I felt like chiming in, anyway.)
Billy Ray said:
One of the funniest things about the poster is that the NAME of "one of America's top artists" is never, ever mentioned anywhere in the entire magazine!:rolleyes: (Oh, and Boris is miles better than whoever did this.)

For more conversation & info about this rare rag, check out the thread: Indiana Jones III - The Cave of Death

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:

Yes, I do...

img992s.jpg

img993s.jpg

img994s.jpg

img995s.jpg

img996s.jpg

Stoo said:
Starblazer's article about Indy 3 is completely fabricated speculation. They had no inside knowledge other than the fact the story was "rumoured" to be about King Solomon's Mines..

I don't even think "Facts" came into it. Pure unadulterated cash-in but that why I love it. (Your always welcome to chime in!)

Billy Ray

Stoo said:
Starblazer's article about Indy 3 is completely fabricated speculation. They had no inside knowledge other than the fact the story was "rumoured" to be about King Solomon's Mines.

(I know you asked JJ but I felt like chiming in, anyway.)
One of the funniest things about the poster is that the NAME of "one of America's top artists" is never, ever mentioned anywhere in the entire magazine!:rolleyes: (Oh, and Boris is miles better than whoever did this.)

For more conversation & info about this rare rag, check out the thread: Indiana Jones III - The Cave of Death

Don't get me wrong, there was no doubt in my mind that this was not Boris' work. I was curious though as to which one of "America's top artists" was clearly trying to emulate his style.

harvey said:
Yup, that'll work! :D

And here's Harrison saying goodbye to Indy. Wait - what?!

rjp8xy.jpg

Ha...and how many years was it? 5-10 before the the "Would you do another Indy?" question was paired with "In a new york minute."

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Billy Ray said:
Don't get me wrong, there was no doubt in my mind that this was not Boris' work. I was curious though as to which one of "America's top artists" was clearly trying to emulate his style.

A name listed is Thomas Sciacca as writer but there is a Thomas Sciacca who was magazine illustrator in his formative years and now a famous Stage set designer.

Last edited:

Stoo

Moedred said:
This is awesome. What the heck is it, a record sleeve?
You've never seen this, Moe? That is a cropped version of the Australian poster (supposedly by Mike Vaughn). Many larger, taller, fuller variations exist...and, yes, it is awesome.:)
Moedred said:
And this:
I've never seen this image before and hope to never see it again. It's not very good at all.:sick: (Is it legitimate or fan-made?).

harvey

harvey said:

Sorry...didn't realize the file was that large. Hope this works better...

72vtqt.jpg

featofstrength said:
Ha...and how many years was it? 5-10 before the the "Would you do another Indy?" question was paired with "In a new york minute."

I'm guessing The Devil's Own, Random Hearts, K-19: The Widowmaker, Hollywood Homicide and Firewall might have had something to do with it. ;)

Attila the Professor said:
I also love the design, and the font, on that Last Cruade ad, harvey.

Just wish Trek V would have lived up to to it... :)

JuniorJones said:
Yes, I do...

I don't even think "Facts" came into it. Pure unadulterated cash-in but that why I love it. (Your always welcome to chime in!)
:eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

harvey

TSR's "The Adventures of Indiana Jones"

Introductory adventure - "The Ikons of Ikammanen", from "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" issues 1 and 2. Hey, those issues were reviewed on the last two IndyCasts! ;)

http://www.theindycast.com/

Box art (front):
2ldu4qg.jpg

Box art (back)
255uik1.jpg

Let the adventure begin!
5zegjt.jpg

Who needs Lucas to make a 3-D Indy adventure? TSR made one 27 years ago!
2hnau11.jpg

29uzrra.jpg

Getting into character...
11hs8yf.jpg

wlb1ig.jpg

izycyo.jpg

15qdb94.jpg

A little background for the adventure...let's start in Krikamibo, or Krikambo, or whatever...
2cyqsyc.jpg

Watch out for flying arrows!
zlor9k.jpg

Into the temple... Wait, those aren't statues, they're...! :eek:
2wez9mt.jpg

The "World of Indiana Jones"!
148qhyr.jpg

70estc.jpg

Last edited:

superado

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who've shared their printed Indy treasures. I tried looking in the thread for the below TLC Collectors Edition book that seems to be from the UK, but didn't see it. If anyone has it, can you please post the ISBN? Thanks in advance!

indy.h55.jpg