JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
A life changing moment of us all!

I even still have the newspaper...

firsttime.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Darth Vile said:
Brill... and a small world - I first saw it at the ABC Deansgate (Manchester).

Thanks for sharing this... :D

Your welcome.

I love'd the ABC and Studios 6-9 (they seem to play Raiders endlessly). Did you see it from the balcony?

I don't think I could ever replicate that feeling of being pumped when I came out of the cinema. It was like being a 10 year old stick of dynamite!!

IndyJoey

I wish i could have seen Raiders in theater, but i wasnt alive when it came out! Although my dad did see it in theater... im eternally jealous... :whip:

Darth Vile

JuniorJones said:
Your welcome.

I love'd the ABC and Studios 6-9 (they seem to play Raiders endlessly). Did you see it from the balcony?

I don't think I could ever replicate that feeling of being pumped when I came out of the cinema. It was like being a 10 year old stick of dynamite!!

I couldn't tell you as I was bit too young to remember exactly where I was sitting... but I obviously remember the movie. Saw Superman and Close Encounters there too. Star Wars, for the first time, at The Odeon Oxford Road (made sure I made a pilgrimage there for The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones too). Great memories... :D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Darth Vile said:
I couldn't tell you as I was bit too young to remember exactly where I was sitting... but I obviously remember the movie. Saw Superman and Close Encounters there too. Star Wars, for the first time, at The Odeon Oxford Road (made sure I made a pilgrimage there for The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones too). Great memories... :D

Star Wars at the Manchester Odeon, Wow! Now that takes back.
It came to the Odeon in Jan 1978.

I feel a bit of sepia toned images and the shrill Barabra Joan Streisand is in order...

IndyJoey

Did that really say rubbishy, B movie plot? I'm offended... Oh but the first time i watched Indy... i was 3 or 4 years old. Last Crusade, i was with my dad... we were sitting on the couch, i was on the far left couch cushion, my dad on the right, with a bag of popcorn in between us....

AndyLGR

I never got to see Raiders in the cinema, although it was one of the first films I watched when we got a video in the house which must of been around 83 or 84. In fact I got my dad to hire it multiple times!

kongisking

My first exposure to the character was watching Last Crusade on television one summer day with my folks. Nothing epic, I'm afraid.

Though when we watched TOD on TV...whole different story. :D

Montana Smith

"He never loses his head or his battered trilby"

:D

First exposure to the character: read the novel before Raiders hit the cinemas.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
"He never loses his head or his battered trilby"

:D

First exposure to the character: read the novel before Raiders hit the cinemas.

Ah! Yes...the corgi painted cover edition, I persume?

Who could think such a book could bring so much joy even 31 years later!!

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
Ah! Yes...the corgi painted cover edition, I persume?

The very one!

JuniorJones said:
Who could think such a book could bring so much joy even 31 years later!!

The memory of standing in front of it on the shelf in WH Smiths is fused into my brain as if it were yesterday. The cover grabbed my attention. I had no idea who Indiana Jones was, and of course the painting looked nothing like Harrison.

So my first step into the adventure was without Harrison's image in my imagination. But that soon changed when Harry made the part his own.

Rocket will be laughing his socks off if he sees I've posted these pictures yet again!

DSCN3652.jpg

DSCN3653.jpg

And once more I ask the question: does anyone know who did the cover? :)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
Rocket will be laughing his socks off if he sees I've posted these pictures yet again.

Who?! Prehaps we should form an 'Owners Club' maybe this 'Rocket' would like to join...

raiders1.jpg

Vintage 1981.

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
A life changing moment of us all!

I even still have the newspaper...
Yeah, Junior, seeing the 1980s version of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" was a definite life-changing experience!:D

What I remember about the 1981 premiere of "Raiders" was 2 weeks before the folks in the UK.:p :p :p