Need help! I want paper models...

capt. blitzdawg

I'm a children's librarian and this year's summer theme is Get a Clue- about mysteries and codes, etc. I thought it would be cool to do a story where Indy goes to the seven ancient wonders of the world in a race against the Nazis to obtain Hapheastus's (spelling?) Ring of Fire, a series of lost scrolls from the Alexandria Library, and maybe clues to the technology of Atlantis. To add to the chase, I want to create displays or dioramas of different scenes along the way. www.Delta7Studios.com has most of the seven wonders free for download as paper models. I've also found a German box truck and a tank to use, and someone at www.Cardmodels.net is trying to make the prop-driven flying wing from the Raiders movie. Are there any other paper models out there, or anyone willing to build any? http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:Thanks!

Finn

Staff member
Hello, welcome to The Raven bar and sorry that there's appeared to be a very little feedback to your request.

Well, we're not rude, most likely just lacking knowledge concerning the topic you need help with. I do so too, but I can recommend you to try and take it to an another forum, like Indy prop -centered COW, with certainly more gearheads 'round than here.

capt. blitzdawg

I appreciate the reply. I also have a thread out at Cardmodels.net, and they're trying to come up with some stuff- one said he would like to make a paper version of the Ark, another is trying to build the twin-prop flying wing (and he may build a 5-prop version originally proposed for the scene before Lucas decided it was too expensive to build). I just know you guys know your material. Thanks for the lead!

Nate Christen

For what size of model are you looking? The old Adventures of Indiana Jones RPG from TSR had cardstock models for use with the tri-fold figures of characters; these included things like the Ark, trucks, planes, etc. They were, of course, quite small.

-Nate