Who is New Jersey Jones?

NamedAfterDaDog

When you look at the avatars page for 100 avatars, there is an avatar (now my avatar), and his name is New Jersey Jones. I picked him for no apparent reason, and I was trying to look him up, but couldn't find anything on him. Help, please?

NamedAfterDaDog said:
When you look at the avatars page for 100 avatars, there is an avatar (now my avatar), and his name is New Jersey Jones. I picked him for no apparent reason, and I was trying to look him up, but couldn't find anything on him. Help, please?

From one of the Dark Horse comics. Spear of Destiny perhaps? He seems like a fella that might have been in the bar at the end... but it's been years since I've read that.

NamedAfterDaDog

ResidentAlien said:
From one of the Dark Horse comics. Spear of Destiny perhaps? He seems like a fella that might have been in the bar at the end... but it's been years since I've read that.

Oh, okay, thanks! I really am going to start investing in this Omnibus, so I can get my characters down flat...

Ok, just whipped out Spear of Destiny and I'm wrong... so... not sure which series he's from. I'll flip through my other comics real quickly, though....

Stoo

He pretends to be Indy's older brother...

His introduction from "Sargasso Pirates" #1:
New Jersey Jones. Two-bit con man selling fake artifacts to monied rubes.
Will he let Indy ruin his scheme?

NamedAfterDaDog

Ah, what can you expect. Any character in the franchise other than Indy and his father who has the last name "Jones" might not as well be a good guy. I'm trying to think of another good avatar...

Stoo

Are you a guy or a gal? You can always choose an Anna Jones avatar! ;)
There's also Indy's cousin Frank (although his name wouldn't be Jones).
I think there's an avatar for Frank...

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
He pretends to be Indy's older brother...

His introduction from "Sargasso Pirates" #1:
New Jersey Jones. Two-bit con man selling fake artifacts to monied rubes.
Will he let Indy ruin his scheme?

Well, then he certainly did a poor job making himself look like Kevin Costner! ;) :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
New Jersey is an idiot. I've got Sargossi #3, and was kind of confused as to who he was at the time. The Sargossi Pirates issues are not in the first omnibus, maybe the second.

BTW, Stoo, I had the Anna avatar for a short while. At the time, there wasn't many Marion avatars and there was only two of those... so to differ myself from another Ravener and because I didn't have enough for the 500 posts Marion, I was Anna.