L.A. Noire

Le Saboteur

DiscoLad said:
I think you like this game, Sabo, just a guess. :D

I like the genre, whether I like the game or not has yet to be determined.

While we're waiting for the second video in their gameplay series -- Investigation & Interrogation -- to be released next week, Rockstar has thrown a little lagniappe our way, a trailer for the exclusive Gamestop case "The Naked City."

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X1rZpkQ0OpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And if you're interested in reading more several of the trades have gotten their hands on a playable portion of the game. I liked Gamespot's the best.

Gamespot said:
In interrogation scenarios you have a first-person view, letting you get a good look at every little bit of reaction as you ask your questions. Based on those reactions and the evidence you've gathered, you've got three options for a response: you can accept what they've said at face value; you can express doubt they're telling the truth if you've got a hunch that they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes; or you can call them out for lying, if you have the evidence to back that assertion up. The capture technology means this isn't so much a gameplay trick, as a purely human skill--it's not a matter of learning tells, or gameplay being shoehorned in; it's a matter of looking at someone's face and telling if they're lying.

Read all about it here.

DiscoLad

Holy snot, check out those facial movements, fantastic.
I might get this yet.

However it seems like too much drama.
Less talky talky, more shooty shooty. Take the Red Dead way.

The Drifter

DiscoLad said:
Less talky talky, more shooty shooty

If that was the case, I would not buy this game. Aren't there enough shooters on the market for you?
I hope this game does very well, and than maybe we will see gaming evolve beyond just shooting. I love a well crafted story and characters. This game seems tailor made for someone like myself.

Le Saboteur said:
Somebody received a name change.

Yes, I grew tired of the typo on my old username.

Le Saboteur

"Investigation & Interrogation," the second video in the L.A. Noire gameplay series has been released! Check out how the core of the game is supposed to operate, shamus.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CDXXQORXXTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's definitely not going to appeal to the crowd that loves to run down pedestrians and mow down passerbys.

And, hey, Jimmy Barrett from Mad Men is in the game!

Last edited:

DiscoLad

Le Saboteur said:
It's definitely not going to appeal to the crowd that loves to run down pedestrians and mow down passerbys.

Just go ahead and say it, Sab. You meant me. :p

EDIT: Whoa, I only clicked submit once. Far out.

Oh and the guy speaking in the video sounds like the same guy they got to speak during the Red Dead release videos.

Nurhachi1991

Discolad the "Shooty Shooty" way would not work for this type of game it was awesome in red dead but that was set in the dying frontier where a mans only friend was his ol .44

If your playing an LAPD dective in 1940s America you cant just go down and gun every criminal in sight that wouldn't work

I think this game will be amazing!

Goodsport

Le Saboteur said:
It should also be noted that the game's site has been updated with a new character profile, and a bunch of interviews/articles/whatever from various trade outlets.

For those of you who are ready to pre-order, the first exclusives have been announced with Gamestop and Wally World getting the marquee items. Gamespot is reporting that Wal-Mart will receive an additional case for the Traffic Desk.

lanoire-aslipofthetongue.jpg

lanoire-thenakedcity.jpg

While intrepid softshoes are tracking down those culprits, those who pre-order from Gamestop will be treated to "The Naked City". While with Vice, Det. Phelps will investigate the supposed suicide of a beautiful fashion model.

You'll also receive The Badge Pursuit Challenge as an added bonus!

Hightail it over to the official site to get the scoop on the other bonuses you can get, like the attribute enhancing suits! Click here.

It turns out that all of the pre-order bonus content from the various stores will eventually be available as downloadable content on both Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network sometime after the game's release. This news definitely allays a worry I had that by buying the game at one of the participating stores, the bonus content from the other stores would be unavailable to me. :)

With money still tight, I don't currently have a lot of PS3 games. But I like to have all of the content available for each game that I do have. :cool:

-G

Goodsport

Nurhachi1991 said:
Id rather have the naked city..

That's the one I chose as well, which is why I pre-ordered the game at Gamestop. ;)

But I'd really rather have both (as well as all the other pre-order bonuses), which I'm glad to now know that I'll eventually be able to do. I'll simply get The Naked City for free and will likely pay a small amount for the others later as DLC's (unless they'll be free, of course). :)

-G

Morning Bell

I don't buy a lot of games but I'll definitely be picking up this one. I love period pieces of the 1930s-1940s and I'm getting a Raymond Chandler vibe from this. I can't wait!:D

Goodsport

Official Trailer #3

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hu3T-TBdCGM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Goodsport

L.A. Noire: Gameplay Series Video "Rising through The Ranks"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jm2PqSuVYU4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Goodsport

Fan-made trailer by TacticProductionz with scenes collected from all the previous trailers and with the musical score from Inception added.

It was even featured on the game's official website here.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GRwnJ0EX9Ko" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>