Atlantis

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I have always wanted to believe in Atlantis as being a great island nation that was buried under water for thousands of years.
However, as of late I have become very interested in the theory of Antartica being what we call "Atlantis" and that perhaps there was a Master Civilization that once roamed the world. Granted it seems like a silly and completely fictional idea, but the idea sure is intruiging and makes for fun hypothosis'.

Heliograph

Atlantis takes a 90 degree turn

Aaron H said:
I have always wanted to believe in Atlantis as being a great island nation that was buried under water for thousands of years.
However, as of late I have become very interested in the theory of Antartica being what we call "Atlantis" and that perhaps there was a Master Civilization that once roamed the world. Granted it seems like a silly and completely fictional idea, but the idea sure is intruiging and makes for fun hypothosis'.

Oh, don't let that Hammond guy hear you. You MUST be serious and think inside the box. Imaginations are a plague from the Devil.

Maybe there was an axis shift like the one contemplated in Water World? Perhaps the penguins are descended from Atlantians?

Pale Horse

Staff member
almost certainly

Xpenguin.gif

:p

" have always wanted to believe in Atlantis"

Me as well... the problem is all the evidence dismisses the idea, rather than supports it...

indifan101

ClintonHammond said:
" have always wanted to believe in Atlantis"

Me as well... the problem is all the evidence dismisses the idea, rather than supports it...

Your absolutely right! We need more evidence! Or find proof.

One cannot taint ones search for evidence by looking towards a specific outcome... that skews the perception of any evidence one finds away from fact...

I suspect there will NEVER be evidence found to support the existance of the mythological "Atlantis"

But I'm open to looking

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Behind every myth there is a grain of truth. The trick is finding that truth in all the myth.

OhioJones

I have been to atlantis before. I have the picture to prove it.

atlantis.jpg

;)

But in all honesty I doubt it is real. Of course, anythings possible :whip:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
ClintonHammond said:
Santorini is the grain of truth... it's already been found...
100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt? Perhaps Santorini is what we would call "Atlantis" but equally, perhaps, Santorini isn't "Atlantis".

OhioJones

Aaron H said:
100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt? Perhaps Santorini is what we would call "Atlantis" but equally, perhaps, Santorini isn't "Atlantis".

Good point here, Atlantis could still be waiting to be found. Or Atlantis could be something we know of and dont even know it.

The is no such thing as '100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt'

"Atlantis could be something we know of and dont even know it"
Or the moon could be made of green cheese... It's more likely...

OhioJones

ClintonHammond said:
The is no such thing as '100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt'

"Atlantis could be something we know of and dont even know it"
Or the moon could be made of green cheese... It's more likely...

but we have been to the Moon 100% without a shadow of a doubt. But O.K. we can pretend that was a good point.... :dead:

Heliograph

ClintonHammond said:
"And what if the core is made of cheese"
-The Core-

Same point...

Hammond wants everyone to be serious...but he can slip into flights of fancy.

It is the nature of man to use his brain to puzzle out answers. Mysteries are a popular form of recreation for that very reason. Even if we don't come to a resolution on the existance of Atlantis our brains benefit directly and sometimes serendipitily from the exercise.

Alexander Graham Bell sought to help his deaf wife and invented the telephone as a byproduct of his efforts.

Let's search for Atlantis, perhaps we'll trip upon Hammond's lost sense of humor.

"Mysteries are a popular form of recreation"
Sure they are... I simply see NO mystery where 'Atlantis' is concerned...

Wanna see my sense of humour.. try posting something humours...

:p
Heh

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not sure how to post something "humours"...I'm not even sure what humours is. What goes around comes around, Hammond. :rolleyes:

Look, it is an awfully bold statement to make that Santorini is Atlantis. Because there isn't enough proof to settle the problems with the theory. I doubt that we will ever fully statisfy if or where Atlantis is located.

And we do know 100% that the moon isn't made up of cheese, everyone knows it's God's flashlight. :p

OhioJones

Atlantis.jpg

Ezekiel 26:18-20

18 Now the coastlands tremble
on the day of your fall;
the islands in the sea
are terrified at your collapse.'

19 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I make you a desolate city, like cities no longer inhabited, and when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you, 20 then I will bring you down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of long ago. I will make you dwell in the earth below, as in ancient ruins, with those who go down to the pit, and you will not return or take your place [a] in the land of the living.

The Ruins of Atlantis Pherhaps? Although the Old teastement is meant to be taken contextually.

Last edited: