TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #1251
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

That's what happens when you do a podcast about a guy named after his dog. Or we are all schizoid. I'm headed that direction.

@Rocket/Pat/Springsteen autograph getter. Back to the Future references? Really? What's next Teen Wolf?
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #1252
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey
I'm a big boy. I can take anything dished out. It just seemed to me that in this thread and many others, certain parties were flaunting the rules (to put it mildly).
Sammy, who are you kidding besides yourself? Its funny how you can't take it. Good thing you're here to point the way for the Mods. What would the raven be without its resident wet blanket?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #1253
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderMitch
@Rocket/Pat/Springsteen autograph getter. Back to the Future references? Really? What's next Teen Wolf?

You got to speak to your audience in a language they understand...like this for instance:

Been all badlands since that incident on 57th street. Independence day, 4th of July, been nothing but Devils and Dust in the darkness on the edge of town but Bobby Jean's got your Book of Dreams and when Rosalita comes out tonight you'll be blinded by the light. You won't have to take the bus to 82nd street. I know it's been hard to be a saint in the city, but you keep up that New York City serenade and it'll all be Glory days before you know it. Don't worry about Wild Billy's circus story, we're almost past the tenth avenue freeze out. The river, well, all boats enjoy the rising.

Point blank, you're tougher than the rest, and I know you got a hungry heart...but don't fret, you'll see the promise land before the ghost of Tom Joad, it's just the price you pay. I'm goin down to Lucky Town, Atlantic City along Thunder Road, and if I don't end up a wreck on the highway, if I get back to my hometown, well it's just a matter of straight time and not a roll of the dice and you'll be queen of the supermarket again.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #1254
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
It might be easier to get EMan#1 on eBay than me to find it in my boxes of 23,000+ comics - but I'll check around for it... and the XMen bit was Wolverine going to see Raiders and Cyclops asks how many times did he see it already... it was XMen 125 or so..

It seems your Indiana Jones memories are "Scrambled"!

Captain America 268.

Steve Rodgers needs to start a new thread...
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #1255
Rocket Surgeon

I guess Cap saw raiders at one of these theaters:

Kenmore Quad
Metropolitan Quad
Oceana Triplex
Oriental Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #1256
harvey
IndyFan

Love those pages, Jr.!

Tom Riddle (Adventures in Learning) posted those (and the cover - "Featuring Steve Rogers' REVIEW of a smash movie!") on our Further Facebook page a while back.

http://www.facebook.com/furtheradventuresofindianajones

I'd suggest you head over and enter the contest, but my guess is you already have the prizes.

Marvel certainly had an interest in Raiders...too bad it didn't last.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #1257
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Love those pages, Jr.!

Quote:
Tom Riddle (Adventures in Learning) posted those (and the cover - "Featuring Steve Rogers' REVIEW of a smash movie!") on our Further Facebook page a while back.:

http://www.facebook.com/furtheradventuresofindianajones

Keeping it all for Facebook! Prephaps I should keep these kinds of things to myself!!

Sharing is cool as you'll never know what will be unearthed.
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #1258
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Mike Zeck and Jerry Ordway The artists on Cap and AllStar actually lived in the same town back in the 1980s (West Haven, CT) and would meet to talk over movies and their work at rival comic companies at a local pizza joint called Zuppardi's pizza. Harvey start digging around and maybe you can discover the truth on why Indy was dropped. Jim Shooter says it was sales or was it something else.....
Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #1259
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
You got to speak to your audience in a language they understand...like this for instance:

Been all badlands since that incident on 57th street. Independence day, 4th of July, been nothing but Devils and Dust in the darkness on the edge of town but Bobby Jean's got your Book of Dreams and when Rosalita comes out tonight you'll be blinded by the light. You won't have to take the bus to 82nd street. I know it's been hard to be a saint in the city, but you keep up that New York City serenade and it'll all be Glory days before you know it. Don't worry about Wild Billy's circus story, we're almost past the tenth avenue freeze out. The river, well, all boats enjoy the rising.

Point blank, you're tougher than the rest, and I know you got a hungry heart...but don't fret, you'll see the promise land before the ghost of Tom Joad, it's just the price you pay. I'm goin down to Lucky Town, Atlantic City along Thunder Road, and if I don't end up a wreck on the highway, if I get back to my hometown, well it's just a matter of straight time and not a roll of the dice and you'll be queen of the supermarket again.

good thing I didnt ask you for Clarence's autograph
Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #1260
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
good thing I didnt ask you for Clarence's autograph
Well, you're a friend of mine, things may come and go but I wouldn't part with that now...
Old 07-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #1261
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
Keeping it all for Facebook! Prephaps I should keep these kinds of things to myself!!

Sharing is cool as you'll never know what will be unearthed.

Nice Hawkman post!

And hey, don't forget, I was the one that breathed life back into that Byrne thread with the Indy office piece!

And...I did give you credit on the FB page for the con sketches. Now that we'll soon be moving on to Gene Day and Denny O'Neil...what "Further" fodder have you got for me? I have the Wizard magazine piece on Day, btw.

Mitch - why should I dig, when I know the best digger in CT?

It sounds like you know something...what do you know? And when did you know it? Gimme, gimme...!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #1262
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
It sounds like you know something...what do you know? And when did you know it? Gimme, gimme...!

Dont get greedy Harvey! No stories or dark secrets to tell.. though it is interesting to note that Indy was also being drawn by comic legend Steve Dikto for a bit as well... that guy's taciturn characteristics would put Byrne to shame .. he NEVER talks about any books he's done either. But Nowadays, Ordway lives about 5 miles from me... nicest guy in the world, he did our ComiCONN last year - and he has lots of stories.. and did his fair share of movie adaptations - notably the 1989 Batman film.. but Zeck moved away to Florida years ago. It was cool knowing that the guys who drew the Death of Superman (that was Ordway's idea for a long time) and Secret Wars lived in the same town as me... they even went to the same comic shop - and Zeck called me when I was looking into attending art school and we talked the best places to go for comic illustrating. In the end Indy suffered the same fate as ROM, Shogun Warriors, Godzilla -- it was expensive to get the licensed characters and if Marvel didn't see a dime in profit -- they were canned!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #1263
harvey
IndyFan

Good info. Ah, yes, Ditko. From my home town. I found some of his original Indy pencils online.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #1264
Mungi
IndyFan

Anyone from our Indy Cast going to Comic-Con? We have to increase the chance someone asks Mr. Spielberg the important Indy question!

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...844#post508844
Mungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #1265
Rocket Surgeon

I believe someone will be going, what question do you want asked? The Egg question?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #1266
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 133 is here!

Mitch speaks to the creators of the new SyFy series Mercury Men, Chris Macht drops by to talk adventures in Indyland, more Comic Con Indy collectible news plus a chance to buy some vintage Indy memorabilia!

You can listen to the episode here or visit www.theindycast.com
indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #1267
harvey
IndyFan

Great job as usual, guys. Mitch - thanks for hyping Mercury Men. Glad I didn't miss these.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the episodes on their own merits, but the fact that I now know the creators make liberal use of the pronoun "yinz"...makes it that much better.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #1268
harvey
IndyFan

Further Adventures on the IndyCast

Just recorded an interview with Further Adventures #3 co-penciller, Richard Howell! We talk Marvel, Gene Day, Gatling guns, vampires, the Flannelled One, Crystal Skull, and more! Stay tuned to the IndyCast for comic booky goodness! And be sure to check out Richard's website at:

www.claypoolcomics.com
Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #1269
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special #5 - John Williams' Summer Blockbusters!

Ron the Reviewer and Young Indy Assistant sound editor Laird Malamed are back with another look at the blockbuster music of maestro John Williams! If Adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! (In Stereo)

You can listen to the episode here or at http://www.theindycast.com!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #1270
lairdo
IndyFan

Thanks Ed, as always, for letting Ron and I do the JW specials. Hope everyone enjoys this one, and post and email feedback on your thoughts.
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #1271
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 134 is here!

We speak to Comic Con panellist Brandon Kleyla, Indy Comic artist Richard Howell. more of your listener feedback plus Pat and Rob return!

Listen to the episode here or visit us at theindycast.com!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #1272
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
IndyCast: Episode 134 is here!

We speak to Comic Con panellist Brandon Kleyla, Indy Comic artist Richard Howell. more of your listener feedback plus Pat and Rob return!

Listen to the episode here or visit us at theindycast.com!

Latest ep not posting to the site. Hitch in cyberspace or on the way?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #1273
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Latest ep not posting to the site. Hitch in cyberspace or on the way?

Should be up soon - in the meantime you can catch it at theforcecast.net or on itunes.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #1274
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
Should be up soon - in the meantime you can catch it at theforcecast.net or on itunes.

Cool. Saw it on FC and iTunes, but wanted to promote the IndyCast site.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #1275
BrodyIsDead
IndyFan

Fan Fiction mention

Thanks to Ed for the mention on Indycast 134 of my Fan Fiction story "Indiana Jones & the Quest of the White Knight"!

Just thought I'd drop the link in here too for where that story now is:

http://findthemissingreel.com/fanfiction/

(NB presented in a Flash format so won't be possible to read on iPad or iPhone!)

Other adventure stories on the site too, including:

http://findthemissingreel.com/riproaring

Enjoy
BrodyIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote