Something that ruins otherwise decent films

Katarn07

Michael24 said:
Don't bother with POTC3. I didn't think it was possible, but it was even worse than the second one. The whole time I was watching it, I just sort of sat there on the couch and I don't think I had one single emotional response to anything that was happening on screen. I loved the first Pirates, but the sequels were awful. (n)

Thanks for the advice. That franchise should have been an Indy-esque set of movies for the 21st century. The second and third films should have been able to stand on their own as ToD and LC do to RotLA. What a blown opportunity that was :rolleyes:

MaxPhactor23

Spider-Man was an obnoxiously overrated and camp filled abomination consisting of poorly acted pubescence’s battling it out with the Green Power Ranger (as played by a brilliant actor who’s facial features we’ll annoyingly cover up entirely to mask the fact that this film might actually have a gifted performance). All the while its written with the depth and psychology of a twelve year old wrestling fan that once briefly glanced over a Spider-Man comic in a grocery store. The only shred of dignity stepping from these "Dawson’s Creek meets radioactive superpowers" atrocities would be Doctor Octopus, only vaguely shrouded the abortions taking place during this trilogy. Raimi should be sacked from filmmaking and the Spider-Man franchise abandoned like an unplanned lovechild after the CGI suckfest that was Spider-Man 3.

During opening night of Spider-Man 3...I actually rather liked it. It wasn’t perfect but I was somehow surviving with a mild smile. Then suddenly Peter Parker was strutting around with Emo hair. What…the hell? No one saw that coming! Then Venom came to Sandman and asked for the most dreaded word in comic book film history: a villain team-up! I knew there was no saving the film from that point on.

Once they actually showed an alien in Spalko’s tent, Crystal Skull took a rollercoaster of a dive for me. Then I was (mis)treated to obnoxiously inappropriate scene after scene. Suddenly my eyes are shown things that never should have even been conceived of for an Indiana Jones film. When did I walk out of Indiana Jones and walk into an Ed Wood movie? Tarzan vine swinging with monkey horde, endless rivers of velociraptor-like ants, commie swatting rubber trees, magically living alien inside the ancient merry-go-round, and a huge flipping UFO up and out of the temple! This was Indiana Jones? Pssh! I wanted to vomit on George Lucas’s face. As a matter of fact, I still want to...

Just watching Hayden Christenson act with Natalie Portman made me want to gag. Calling that acting is already being too kind. But as if that wasn’t bad enough, watching Anakin Skywalkers pseudo-transformation from hero to villain play out in a matter of two minutes made me want to pop George Lucas’s fat frog neck. Way to make the greatest screen villain look like the stupidest tool in the galaxy! But we're supposed to sympathize, right? What better way to feel for someone...by making them kill children. I don’t know about you guys, but child murderers really do pull at my heartstrings. That's sarcasm for the few actually oblivious. I think George Lucas avoids depth like the plague. It's sad because it wasn't always so.

When I bought the ticket for Batman and Robin! What was I thinking?

Last edited:

jonesissparrow

Michael24 said:
Don't bother with POTC3. I didn't think it was possible, but it was even worse than the second one. The whole time I was watching it, I just sort of sat there on the couch and I don't think I had one single emotional response to anything that was happening on screen. I loved the first Pirates, but the sequels were awful. (n)

I felt the complete opposite when I watched POTC3 I blown away from the experience and I honestly thought it was better than the first two films. DMC was a bit indulgent but the last one I just had fun with it while others thought it was a major headache.

Katarn07 Quote:

"Thanks for the advice. That franchise should have been an Indy-esque set of movies for the 21st century. The second and third films should have been able to stand on their own as ToD and LC do to RotLA. What a blown opportunity that was."

Yeah it would've been something if they went with the Indy direction and made seperate adventures because both films have iconic heroes who go after mythical objects in the real machevillian world but I'm kinda glad the direction they took with the sequels(y)

TheMutt92

Basically any uneccesary / in an otherwise perfectly good movie (it throws me out of the story completly, and, whats the point?)

Marcus Jones

I love the Matrix, but it always makes me laugh when Keannu Reeves does his sort of kung-fu/ bring-it on sort of move before the start of the fights.

It doesn't ruin the film or anything, but it's supposed to be a dramatic/serious fight scene, and it makes me laugh!

bonoferox

The musical numbers that just randomly come up in any Marx Brothers movies....comedic gold, then just boring and weird. Especially when the musical numbers are a little racist (painting their faces black and joining a black chorus).