Hey there!

WWI Era Indy

I'm Chip from Mississippi. Big fan of the films, Last Crusade is my favorite. Also love The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Nice to meet everyone! :)

HenryJunior

Welcome Chip!
Do you prefer to be called Chip on the boards? Just want to be sure.:hat:

See you around the forum!

WWI Era Indy

HenryJunior said:
Welcome Chip!
Do you prefer to be called Chip on the boards? Just want to be sure.:hat:

See you around the forum!

WWI Era Indy or Chip is fine, whichever is easier. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Montana Smith

Marshall2288 said:
Not just a place but a state of mind.

Sometimes the place is just in a state when you're stepping over empty bottles and passed out Raveners, some with black eyes from brawls the night before. ;)

Oh, and welcome, Chip. :hat:

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Sometimes the place is just in a state when you're stepping over empty bottles and passed out Raveners, some with black eyes from brawls the night before.
More slander. You won't see any passed-out patrons in this joint. We like to keep places nice and tidy. If you look like you've had enough and can't walk out of the door, you will get thrown through it.

But despite this, if you occasionally find a battered drunk or two sleeping it off in the most inconvenient of places, there's a perfectly viable explanation. They're staff.

Archaeos

I wonder what the Health & Safety Authority would have to say about that self-assessment, and the Food & Hygiene Authority about those peanuts on offer here for free... :mad:

:p

Archaeos

I think you might be afraid of your own cleanliness endorsement, Finn, because your hyperlink <small>- is working now - thanks.</small>

That's a bit like those health and nutrition advice posters they had to hang up at European McDonald's branches after "Supersize me" came out - they are so well hidden, nobody can find them.

Anyway: the beer is good, the conversation better, the crowd phantastic, and the food menu looks appetising (though I havn't ordered anything yet). So overall, I am happy for the peanuts issue to be overlooked gracefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finn

Staff member
Food menu? We have no... oh yeah, that. Let's put it like this: We can prepare it for you, sure, but you'll have to track it down and kill it first.

Also, nice to find someone who enjoys the beer right out of the cold. Most people only order a pint after they've got so sloshed from raw liquor that they don't simply care anymore.

Archaeos

I escalate my drinks in the order my paternal ancestors told be to do so. Heightens the enjoyment.

Okay, the hunting puts a damper on the food menu... I knew that it would have been too good to be true. Because that makes the 'Kangaroo Steak' quite a hassle to order, really... Hmm... 'Yak Stew à la Stoo' sounds more promising and less labour-intense now...