General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

kevster

Thanks Moedred! I like his humor in the video :p

It's good to see that people ask about Indy5! Though we hear nothing new from Harrison :) BUT it's always nice to see him talk about it.

The Drifter

It seems that the last million pages have been something along the lines of "I'd love to do it if the others want to!". I'm getting tired of the same crap from Ford's mouth. If they're not going to do it, just say so. Sheesh!

Montana Smith

Lonsome_Drifter said:
It seems that the last million pages have been something along the lines of "I'd love to do it if the others want to!". I'm getting tired of the same crap from Ford's mouth. If they're not going to do it, just say so. Sheesh!

Too right. There's that old expression I picked up from a Leo Kessler novel long ago: "**** or get off the pot."

At the moment there's a bunch of crazy old men who can't decide whether they want to **** or not.

The longer they think about it, the less viable the project will be.

The Drifter

Montana Smith said:
Too right. There's that old expression I picked up from a Leo Kessler novel long ago: "**** or get off the pot."

At the moment there's a bunch of crazy old men who can't decide whether they want to **** or not.

The longer they think about it, the less viable the project will be.

I'm glad to see someone else agree with me. For the past two damn years all we have heard is how they would love to do it, but only if the others wanna do it too.
I mean how hard can it be to say "yes", or "no". Or even "most likely", or "I doubt it"? I hate the way Ford says if the others want to do it also. He has connections with them, just ask them.
Hell, this is just a movie, not some Top Secret military battle plans. Why all of the secrecy and beating around the bush?

Montana Smith

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'm glad to see someone else agree with me. For the past two damn years all we have heard is how they would love to do it, but only if the others wanna do it too.
I mean how hard can it be to say "yes", or "no". Or even "most likely", or "I doubt it"? I hate the way Ford says if the others want to do it also. He has connections with them, just ask them.
Hell, this is just a movie, not some Top Secret military battle plans. Why all of the secrecy and beating around the bush?

They're stringing each other along, as well as the fans. There doesn't seem to be any great desire to get down and do it. I think KOTCS was the big moment, the culmination of years of expectation. Forcing another one is unlikely to raise the bar (even from KOTCS standards). Lucas and Spielberg aren't the same characters any more, and the indicators are that another Indy movie is going to feel very un-Indy-like. (I'm thinking of George's move away from Han Solo the violent anti-hero, and Spielberg's softening of E.T.)

Indy's brother

Mungi said:

A first draft of a script has been done which Ford has seen.

Well THIS is certainly encouraging. Of course, since no writer has been hired, that means the script was most likely written by George Lucas.....uuhh, scary? I'll take what I can get, though, Ford and Spielberg are warmed up now on the heels of KOTCS, maybe they can pull off something great. No reason to panic until I'm in the theater, I guess...........

Dene

It's not overly encouraging "news", but I wouldn't personally blame Harrison Ford for not being more forthcoming.

Getting a $200m movie off the ground depends on so many factors coming into alignment. And especially given Spielberg's schedule.

Douglas Adams, I think it was, described getting a movie made as being like trying to make toast by breathing hard on a piece of bread.

Momentum for the fourth movie just grew and grew out of people talking about it so much. It's a pain in the ass but unless something momentous happens the process is gonna be slow for a fifth I think.

It doesn't help that inevitably these guys are not nearly as nostalgic about Indy as we are.

Indy's brother

Dene said:
Douglas Adams, I think it was, described getting a movie made as being like trying to make toast by breathing hard on a piece of bread.

Well yeah, I bet it is.....If you don't already own your own film production company like Lucasfilm and don't have a distribution deal already inked with Paramount pictures. :p

(and yes, I know there is more to it than that)

Texas

Indy's brother said:
Well THIS is certainly encouraging. Of course, since no writer has been hired, that means the script was most likely written by George Lucas.....uuhh, scary? I'll take what I can get, though, Ford and Spielberg are warmed up now on the heels of KOTCS, maybe they can pull off something great. No reason to panic until I'm in the theater, I guess...........

Didn't George write the 1st drafts for all the previous Indy movies? Eventually they were all polished up by other writers like Kasdan, Koepp, etc.

indyjones2131

Nice to hear some news, even if it isn't anything groundbreaking.

Tell ya what though - if Ford is still saying the same exact stuff when it comes time for him to do the press thing for Cowboys and Aliens, with NO progress whatsoever, I'll start to get worried. I'd hope there would be SOME progress in the next 7 months...

Indy's brother

Well, HF is tonight's guest on The Daily Show. Hopefully Jon Stewart will be able to wiggle some snippet out of Ford tonight. It's doubtful, especially since Jon had the opportunity to do exactly that with George Lucas back in August and didn't bring it up once. If anything we'll get another wishy-washy comment that is no more revealing than anything else of late, but it's still worth my time to tune in for it.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
"Morning Glory" is a 2010 version of Working Girl this time Harrison Ford is too old to get the girl but he saves the day by making a frittata! Not the same as blowing up the Death Star or saving the world from Nazis but it's better. Than Hollywood Homicide or K-19! Now put the damn hat and get the bullwhip and do one more good movie before you are riding a motorized scooter!!!

Mungi

At least there's going to be one more big action movie ... the teaser trailer for "Cowboys and Aliens" is finished, according to Favreau. In a few days we might see it and I'm looking forward to see Ford and Craig together in action!(y)

kongisking

Mungi said:
At least there's going to be one more big action movie ... the teaser trailer for "Cowboys and Aliens" is finished, according to Favreau. In a few days we might see it and I'm looking forward to see Ford and Craig together in action!(y)

Indeed. With these great actors on screen at the same time, it should be bursting at the seams with awesomeness.