Who watched Magnum P.I.?

Johan

I know most of you would not think Tom Selleck would be a better Indy than HF...and I agree. But I thought he is an awsome actor, and Magnum P.I. was one of my favorate shows.
Anybody else out there watch it?

I don't watch it but I do know that there is an Indy-themed episode titled, "Legends of the Lost Art".

Have anybody seen it? Is it good?

I have watched every episode of Magnum PI numerous times. One of my favs. i always liked a man that choose to do right in times oters choose to do only wrong and yet was not all stuck up. fine series.

Katarn07

The first episode I saw was the Raiders spoof because I was flipping through channels and saw a guy dressed like Indy but had no idea what it was.

That was years ago. I'd love to actually see the whole thing and not the last 15 minutes. I watch it once in a while on the Hallmark Channel. It's ok. I prefer MacGyver when it comes to '80s action shows though.

Finn

Staff member
Katarn07 said:
I prefer MacGyver when it comes to '80s action shows though.
Me too. Give that man a Swiss Army knife, some duct tape, set of metal pipes, an old engine and a casket freezer and he'll make you a nuclear sub.

I recall only seeing parts of the radiers spoof episode 2 times and that was before I knew any thing about IJ as I am the newbie to all this IJ stuff. I really never cared for that paticular episode but then i was fully indocterinated into the series and it was a bit far off the beaten couse for the average episodes. I only watch family based shows and usually that means I am limited to reruns as a result and the only new stuff I get to see is discovery channel and the like. Its all good as I prefer reruns of good solid family based shows to what is in on current programming. My viewig time for tube is very limited any way as I am always just getting a glimpse of it in between pager messages indicating I have an email to answer. Running an Internet based business means you see a lot more computer screen than you do any thing else.

blur

IndyJohan said:
I know most of you would not think Tom Selleck would be a better Indy than HF...and I agree. But I thought he is an awsome actor, and Magnum P.I. was one of my favorate shows.
Anybody else out there watch it?

Sure, I used to watch Magnum all the time when it was on its first run. I was like 8 or 9 at the time. I thought he was neat.

And I can see why they think he would have made a good Indy. Watch something like "High Road To China" and you'll get a good appreciation of what he would have been like as Indy. Different to Ford, but still good.

monkey

Maybe Tom Selleck wouldn't have killed IJ like Ford did

I always liked Magnum PI.

Just an observation: Maybe Tom Selleck would have been a better choice for Indiana Jones than Harrison Ford. Maybe He wouldn't have dominated, and took over the character as much as Ford did. Maybe he wouldn't have so strongly stamped his own personality on the character; to the point where today we have such a militant group of fans who so strongly believe that the incorporeal character of Indiana Jones should be laid to rest with the corpse of Harrison Ford.

I loved Sellec in everty thing he ever done and had he been IJ I would be a true IJ fan as well not just a person that sells hats from the movie.

I like Ford to but far less.