Indy fedora's

Another Moderator?!? Oh well we've...wait a minute! You're not a moderator! Why don't you let them do their job? Think they don't see this stuff?!? Sheesh! Didn't I see this message before? Oh yeah! in the other hat thread! If you're going to play investigative reporter, (read tattletale) and not going to stay ON TOPIC, why don't you PM the moderators Barney Fife?

With all the boring crap and listless posts I think this one-man-fan-operation is fine.

PS I think a "double" posting three months apart doesn't violate the "spirit" of the law...in my humble opinion.

I applaud a fan who actually steps away from the computer and tries to CRAFT something and am glad I could read it here, what better place! (sucking up for free fedora...;) MAN I need one!)

Last edited:

penman hats

Rocket Surgeon said:
Another Moderator?!? Oh well we've...wait a minute! You're not a moderator! Why don't you let them do their job? Think they don't see this stuff?!? Sheesh! Didn't I see this message before? Oh yeah! in the other hat thread! If you're going to play investigative reporter, (read tattletale) and not going to stay ON TOPIC, why don't you PM the moderators Barney Fife?

With all the boring crap and listless posts I think this one-man-fan-operation is fine.

PS I think a "double" posting three months apart doesn't violate the "spirit" of the law...in my humble opinion.

Thank you rocket surgeon for defending me. It was not my idea to break the rules. Just wanted to share some new pics of hats that I made and the likes of. Don't forget I was a fan before I was a hat maker. It's hard sometime divide myself in two.

Professor Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:

I must say sorry, then, Rocket Surgeon, for my reaction. Maybe my tone was unpleasant, I realize that just after your reaction. I must say, though, that mine has been a reaction as well... I felt a little disturbed from the way in which Penman promotes his products (and I STILL do). I never noticed that before his last post of today.

It's not a personal matter, Penman: I've got nothing against you or your hat. Simply I don't like your way to promote them... Sorry but I can't do nothing about that.

Anyway, your tone is not so kind either, Rocket... but I understand that maybe you thinked I was in bad faith (I wasn't: if I would have been I would have PM the moderators, but I find that quite unpolite and useless. I found more fair to express my opinion openly).

Again my apologizes if I've sounded unpolite or whatever.

Last edited:
Professor Jones said:
I must say sorry, then, Rocket Surgeon, for my reaction. Maybe my tone was unpleasant, I realize that just after your reaction. I must say, though, that mine has been a reaction as well... I felt a little disturbed from the way in which Penman promotes his products (and I STILL do). I never noticed that before his last post of today.

It's not a personal matter, Penman: I've got nothing against you or your hat. Simply I don't like your way to promote them... Sorry but I can't do nothing about that.

Again my apologizes if I've sounded unpolite or whatever.

...I get you, hell I'm a BIG double posting offender, but they've been nice enough to let me get away with it, (so don't get the ax dropped on me!;) ), for whatever reason, (hopefully they're amused).

Professor Jones said:
Anyway, your tone is not so kind either, Rocket... but I understand that maybe you thinked I was in bad faith (I wasn't: if I would have been I would have PM the moderators, but I find that quite unpolite and useless. I found more fair to express my opinion openly).Again my apologizes if I've sounded unpolite or whatever.

I started the thread by goofing..."Another Moderator?!? Oh well we've...wait a minute! You're not a moderator!", to try and set the tone as not too heavy handed, sorry if it got under your skin.

Professor Jones

penman hats said:
I never stay when I'm not wanted.

Listen, don't make that bigger than it is. I think that none of us has the right to make another of us "un-wanted" here. And I think that such a think could have not being emerged from my posts: I exclude that in any way. The problem was not if you're wanted here or not but how to behave here (in general, not only you).

And, as Rocket Surgeon has correctly pointed out, by now have been expressed 2 different opinon on that: Rocket's and mine... and as you've seen we've got 2 different points of view, so why getting tragic?

Anyway, I've already apologized for my tones and I've expressly specified that it is NOT a personal matter. Next time, I'd better add some smiley in order to make the whole thing less inquisitive! ;) (here I go!)

Rocket Surgeon said:
I started the thread by goofing..."Another Moderator?!? Oh well we've...wait a minute! You're not a moderator!", to try and set the tone as not too heavy handed, sorry if it got under your skin.

No problem! :) I'm very pleased to have a frank and clear dialogue with you, as with every other member of the Forum! Besides, we're here just for that: discussing! :D

I hope that Penman get this message too! ;)

P.S.: @Rocket, you've doubleposted!!! ARGHHH!!! That is the beginning of a real war!

P.P.S.: kiddin' of course!

P.P.P.S.: Nice avatar....

Last edited:

penman hats

I just took another look around and I'm not doing anything different than some others have done. I have seen others show about their revamped web sites and new items they have worked on.

I was a fan of Indy before hat making and have been warmly welcome at other forums. I'm shocked by your post and insulted. I'm surprised that someone wouldn't want a make of Indy gear or props around their forum to contribute. Without people like this , what is the point of a section called Indy gear and props.

I could see if all I did was pop in and add my web site address and not dropped in other section section or not talk about Indy hats.

John

Professor Jones

Well, I will avoid to insist in my arguments. Let's put it in an impersonal way, because surely it's not a personal question, but - let's say - a matter of taste I guess.

I just say that I wouldn't have acted like you've done and that's it. Maybe you've done it with (well deserved) enthusiasm for your (excellent) work but you've opened two threads about your hats, and in one of them there were just three post of yours!!! I'm not judging that... you're free to do it, and as somebody has already correctly written I'm not a moderator so I shouldn't have spoken of breaking rules, maybe. But I still say that I don't like that: personally I would simply have opened a thread and gave a link to my site... nothing more than that.

But, man, your hats are wonderful!

penman hats

you are saying that a thread with just a link to my site is not selling or spamming but just sharing my work like I have seen others is. I don't see your logic at all. I'm trying to be part of this forum an add something to it.

inuvuwow

John Penman, you're a miracle worker. I didn't expect "The Henry" for another couple of days and it actually showed up today!! Thank you so much. It fits perfect and looks exactly as it did in CRYSTAL SKULL!!

indyclone25

inuvuwow said:
John Penman, you're a miracle worker. I didn't expect "The Henry" for another couple of days and it actually showed up today!! Thank you so much. It fits perfect and looks exactly as it did in CRYSTAL SKULL!!
well you know you have to post some pics of you wearing it ?