WHAT IF, as a grown man, Indy had a dog?

raydelark

Isn't it possible, since he loved the one he had as a boy? (What exactly are those "fond memories" anyway?)

Let's assume Indy, as a grown-up, had a dog. What kind might Indy have owned? Would he have selected a specific breed or been more likely to adopt an abandoned mutt? What might he have named it and why? Who might have cared for it while he was away-Anyone? What kind of dog personality best matches Indy and could it be useful somehow on any of his adventure's?

00Kevin

Indyfan
I'm sorry, Ren has me confused with his mother

(oh no, now the arguements have come to the general table too!)

Indy_(heheheh)

i dont think i'll ever get another dog, i miss my old one too much and i'td be impossible to take him with me, hed get blasted away in minutes.

oh and those fond memories, running and amature digs

what'd you think?
_---_
o)O
'

Finn

Staff member
Oe-woe... I'll give this thread two posts of time to get back on topic, then I'll dig out my keys and chains.

Canyon

00Kevin said:

I know this is a thread about dogs Kev, but <big>Meoowwwwwwww!</big> <small>do you want to sharpen those nails just a little bit more?</small>

Canyon

Personally I think that Indy would go for a similar breed to the one he had before, either an Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky and Japanise Akita

dogim023.jpg

sibhus.jpg

akita.jpg

BTW, I love all of these types of breeds, so I'm probably more than a bit biased. :D

00Kevin

Indyfan
Canyon said:
00Kevin said:

I know this is a thread about dogs Kev, but <big>Meoowwwwwwww!</big> <small>do you want to sharpen those nails just a little bit more?</small>

okay, so ren and non of his relatives are dogs...nor am I

but wait? dogs drool alot....and so do you! OH NO!

:p j/k

00Kevin

Indyfan
anyways...I would say either the 1st or second

let's go second to go along with my pal ren

(note: according tro YIJC bookends...indy has a cat named henry when he is 90...some nice continuation)

00Kevin

Indyfan
Yolegoman said:
I like the first one, he looks so huggable and furry.

The second one looks... evil.

Yolego

the second one is actually quite nice and good....it's the evil man in the jacket behind him that makes the picture seem evil! MWAHAHAHAHA!

westford

Renderking Fisk said:
As much as I love my Dogs... I don't think they would be any help of locating any artifacts.

My dog's only good at finding biscuits and her ball (one of the ones you put biscuits in, funnily enough). So if you were looking for the Lost City of Biscuits, she'd be a great help! If not, you're screwed...

Venture

Hey, I went to the Lost City of Biscuits! Had a great time. I even found a golden-fried image of their evil Bagel god. Anyway, I like the first one. Then again, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi would be the best kind of sidekick dog. Anyone who's had one would agree.

TheOldBum

All I know is, that's gotta be one all-terrain dog. We're talking snows-of-kilamanjaro to valley-of-the-cresent-moon kinda weather changes.

Anybody see "Last of the Dogmen"? I figure Indy could use a dog like "Zip".

Montana Smith

I could see Indy having a scamp of a Jack Russell tagging along.

After all, they share similar characteristics:

Some Characteristics of the Breed

When bored, they will create new and fun jobs for themselves, or alternatively start destroying things!

They can become very territorial, protecting their domain with endless effort. They are fearless and embody the cliche "a big dog in a small dogs body".

They will dig, both in the garden and ... indoors

They have unlimited energy and require a lot of exercise. Be prepared for long walks in all weather. Such is the strength of their instinct and natural curiousity, they will bolt or "go hunting!" They do not fear larger dogs, indeed aggression is sometimes foolishly displayed.

They are very stubborn...

http://www.jack-russell-terrier.co.uk/breed/characteristics.html

WilliamBoyd8

Indy would get a Country Dog like this:

post_countrydog_1.jpg

They have the same attitude towards life.

What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.

:)