Indy 5 news 2012

Mickiana

Millions said:
And as for the straight to DVD thing - there's just no way that would happen -for financial reasons alone. That's an absurd idea

I shoulda put a smilie after the comment to let some of us here know it was a joke. :)rolleyes: ) I thought the absurdity alone of the suggestion would be enough for that. :D

The Drifter

Mickiana said:
I shoulda put a smilie after the comment to let some of us here know it was a joke. :)rolleyes: ) I thought the absurdity alone of the suggestion would be enough for that. :D

Indiana Jones is serious business!

Mickiana

The Drifter said:
Indiana Jones is serious business!

That's right! Where's a 'serious' smilie when you need one? He will have to bear some frown lines and wag a little finger at us.

Grizzlor

There's no way this film could be setup, shot, and released in less than 2 years, I think we all knew that. I can wait a few years, since it will be clearly the last Harrison Ford-era film. As for the script, yes we knew they don't have one, because Lucas has done NOTHING since KOTCS. Now Disney will put people on it, and pretty much make it happen.

moon_tan

I'm with you, Grizzlor. It is the bickering between George Lucas and Steven Spielberg as too why we had to wait so many years for another Indy adventure. They should have made adventures for the 1990's. Waiting until 2008 - nearly 20 years was along time for everyone.
Yes. Now that Disney has the Indiana Jones movies, we just may see a new one. Will the movie be Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Hee-Hee)?
Nor They had not made
Grizzlor said:
There's no way this film could be setup, shot, and released in less than 2 years, I think we all knew that. I can wait a few years, since it will be clearly the last Harrison Ford-era film. As for the script, yes we knew they don't have one, because Lucas has done NOTHING since KOTCS. Now Disney will put people on it, and pretty much make it happen.

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE

Pale Horse said:
No, no it's not. They don't even have a story. Further comments by Horn suggest that it's not even being considered for the big screen, and he outright states that nothing is being done.

Read the sources, it's sobering, but necessary.

''Horn said it didn?t make sense for Disney to move forward on making more Indiana Jones movies until it fully owned the rights to upcoming films''....which they now do.

This is not Lucas in his day dream world on his ranch thinking of an idea every 2 years that comes to nothing,this is Disney one step at a time making a new IJ film,Read the sources, it's sobering, but necessary.

Indyfan82

Yay for the (possibly) good news on Indiana Jones 5!:) :cool:
Now, we'll just have to see if it really happens. :whip:
I'd love to see Harrison Ford have one more Indy movie for sure. However, I kind of feel like it will probably be the last one he can realistically do. I would be fine with having him make one last movie and ending the franchise there.
I am not really interested in seeing a new younger actor portraying more Indy adventures......however- if Disney is determined to do such a thing.....I think I could get behind Sean Patrick Flanery doing more Young Indy adventures- either TV-movies or theatrical features. But wow- even he's 48 now. I guess he'd be about the right age to do a movie version of "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine".
There are a number of worthy novels and comics and video games that I think could make for good TV-movie or movie adaptations...

Indyfan82

I think he did well enough- but everyone's entitled to their opinon, of course.
Anyway- I don't even want to think about any replacements really- I just want to see Harrison Ford do one more Indiana Jones movie! He is Indy.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
(Regarding a purported "sequels or reboots" quote)

Here's an example of how pointless editorializing gets stuffed into an authority's mouth, and spreads like herpes.

Nice going internet, try leaving the house some time.

Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo's Last Stand

I'm gonna try and have this be my last post in this thread for awhile...

For the time worn veterans of this fine establishment we call The Raven:
"The Winter is coming." Many of us here know the drill. For the next few years the younglings (newer posters) and the people with "Indiana Jones 5 is being made!" blinders on are going to start heavily bombarding this place with assumptions, not facts. I (and others with cooler heads) can only repeat ourselves so many times. I'm actually tired of doing so... so I give up for now. But you guys should keep up the good fight.

For the newer posters and the blindly optimistic:
Alot of "information" will be coming in within the next couple of years. Please don't read between the lines -- take what someone says at what it's worth.
Because when you assume you make an ass out of u and me .

There was a time back before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released when I came to this place for my "new Indiana Jones sequel" information. it was a good time, filled with theories (many of which turned out to be true) and us, the members here, debunking them... going through information and filtering through the garbage for the facts.

"the search for fact... not truth"

if it's truth you're interested in, well, supershadow is right down the hall.

Point is, since we are supposedly the Indiana Jones epicenter, lets keep this place the center for all credible and reliable information... especially in this thread, the "Indy 5 news thread." That's what made this place great. We were on top of our ****.

We have a "rumors and possibilities thread" for general speculation.

And with that, Dr. Gonzo turned with apathy from the recently slain CORPSE OF THIS NEW RUMOR to the onlooking MODERATORS -- smoke still rising from their gun barrels.

DR. GONZO
...I?m out.​

And like a drunken Doc Holiday, Doc Gonzo removed his unofficially deputized gold moderator badge from his chest and tossed it back to the moderators in black dusters... No words were spoken as Gonzo headed back to the saloon. They didn't need to be.

All the guns were holstered. The fight for the day had been won.

...at least for now.

moon_tan

It is so frustrating. Wanting so much and waiting for a new Indiana Jones adventure. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came as a complete surprise to me when the announcement was made December 30, 2006 that Indiana Jones 4 was going to begin filming. They had been writing a draft for 3 years. They started filming on June 18, 2007. As soon as the new title was announced and merchandise was available, I bought 2 "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" T-shirts with the release date on the back from the official Star Wars Shop and the movie was FINALLY released May 18, 2008.
So here we are again, waiting like a sitting duck for a new movie.
Whomever the owner is of the theraider.net site is probably about to go insane for any news about a screenplay actually being finished or any hint of a word from Steven Spielberg, George Lucas on the matter. Now we have Disney to look forward to for announcements. I wonder if indianajones.com will still be used for announcements or if Disney will put up there own Indy site.
Once again I will be glued to theraider.net for any crack of the whip sound with information.

Grizzlor

moon_tan said:
It is so frustrating. Wanting so much and waiting for a new Indiana Jones adventure. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came as a complete surprise to me when the announcement was made December 30, 2006 that Indiana Jones 4 was going to begin filming. They had been writing a draft for 3 years. They started filming on June 18, 2007. As soon as the new title was announced and merchandise was available, I bought 2 "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" T-shirts with the release date on the back from the official Star Wars Shop and the movie was FINALLY released May 18, 2008.
So here we are again, waiting like a sitting duck for a new movie.
Whomever the owner is of the theraider.net site is probably about to go insane for any news about a screenplay actually being finished or any hint of a word from Steven Spielberg, George Lucas on the matter. Now we have Disney to look forward to for announcements. I wonder if indianajones.com will still be used for announcements or if Disney will put up there own Indy site.
Once again I will be glued to theraider.net for any crack of the whip sound with information.

News will be plastered all over the Internet. Having lived through all the hype, starts, non-starts, disappointment, elation, etc., for the past 20 years, a few more years really don't bother me. As I said, Disney now has a monetary reason to push this into high gear. On thing to remember is that neither Mr's Ford nor Spielberg have ANY say in the future of Indiana Jones. Technically they never did. Neither own any piece of the franchise, only George Lucas did. Obviously Lucas wasn't going to make films without the other two guys.

But now even George is officially out of the process. But Lucasfilm is now headed by Kathleen Kennedy, who as we know has always been involved in Indy films. So she's not going to go forward without them if possible. What that means exactly I don't know. Would Disney go forward without Spielberg, Lucas, Ford? I suppose they could, but would try everything possible to avoid that, given the public beating they would take. To be honest, I don't think Spielberg or Ford are all that picky on the script. I think they didn't believe the alien-McGuffin worked with an Indy film, and that was the dozen year stumbling block.

I have to imagine that Disney will solicit a simpler story, one like we've seen in many books, comics, video games. They could go the Atlantis route, though, why not? I'm thinking something more in line with TOD than Raiders or TLC. I think Ford would sign on easily. As for Lucas, given he's turned most of the reigns on Star Wars over, I think he will too. The only question I have is whether Spielberg wants to direct, and if so, will Disney allow him to? Yes, that's right, will Disney allow Spielberg to direct a film? I think his directing of KOTCS was awful, and you really have to question whether he's capable of directing action films given his track record the last 10-15 years.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Lance Quazar said:
JOEY
"Gonzo...GONZO! COME BACK!
"

Pale Horse

He's neither gone nor dead, just hung over. See how he's slumped in the saddle?
When there's news, he'll be back You know, news; that thing that's and verified.
We've none of that sort of thing right now.​

Mickiana

Magda said:
I don't see why an Indy 5 is necessary... aside from $$$. Indy should be quietly retired.

Sacrilege! In REAL, Indy was an archaeologist starting about 1920. We movie goers in 2013 still want him. He is our property. We are his boss. He needs to get back to work and find that next adventure to thrill us. He's not ready for the golden handshake yet nor are we ready to give it. :whip:

ps sorry about the no-news comment. I am hopeful but hope is two steps away from despair.