Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis: Anniversary

MaverickKing

Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Interactive released a 10th Anniversary edition of the original Tomb Raider last year (or was it the year before??). It was, admittedly, pretty good.

Now why don't LucasArts do something similar for Fate of Atlantis? Update it - but don't, dear God, 'reimagine it' - for modern audiences on a new game engine with better graphics. Keep all the fun, most of the witty dialogue, and get an orchestral score (the electronic MIDI beeps were fun, though).

I know I'd buy it.

|ZiR|

In perfect world, they'd do so. In the real world, eh, it's pretty unlikely.

There's just not enough profit to be made for them. Now, I may be wrong about this, but I believe that the Tomb Raider series is not only more successful than the IJ video games, they also have a much larger fanbase.

Personally, I would do something... morally questionable (several times, if needed) for an updated FoA. Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen.

Meh. Why bother? FoA is brilliant as is. I'd prefer something new; FoA can't be topped for me and doesn't need updating. It's perfect.

MattJones

ResidentAlien said:
Meh. Why bother? FoA is brilliant as is. I'd prefer something new; FoA can't be topped for me and doesn't need updating. It's perfect.

At least they could rerelease it so that it was easier to purchase. (y)

Dr Jones

Heck, it'd be nice I agree!

Especially with KotCS coming up, why not bring out the big gun for Indy media on your PC/Desktop!?

As you all say, it makes sense to spoil us with a reminder how Indy is still amazing in the gaming world...come on LucasArts...give us Indy and the gang!

(y)

mapso

It may be nostalgia, but I'm pretty happy with FOA as it is, because I think an update would turn it into a beat-em-up Tomb Raider clone. Though a 3D point-and-click update would be awesome...

Paden

3rd person adventure classics like Fate of Atlantis, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers and Broken Sword; Shadow of the Templars stand up just fine to the test of time. What they lack in graphic eye candy (compared to contemporary fare) they more than make up for in terms of solid game design. Honestly, most new adventure games fall far short of the standard set by these titles. That said, it would be cool if LucasArts rereleased the game, tweaked to run on newer OS's (for those poor souls that can't figure out how to fire up DosBox or SCUMM), so it would introduce it to a new audience.

ReggieSnake

Personally I like the graphics better in games like FOA than the early 3D games that came shortly thereafter.

They should release all the old Lucasarts games in a bundle of some sort. I think people would buy it, besides what do they have to lose?

MattJones

ReggieSnake said:
They should release all the old Lucasarts games in a bundle of some sort. I think people would buy it, besides what do they have to lose?

Exactly! The games are already there (except the slight tweaking to make them run easier on XP and Vista), so this is basically a quick buck taking advantage of the upcoming Indy frenzy.

DutchIndy

I play it on my DS... it's an absolute joy to carry around FoA!

I would love some FoA action figures by hasbro though!

-Jones-

Forget about FoA: Anniversary or whatever FoA /maybe a re-redition/. They've stopped doing adventure games in 2000 and changed their target to action-oriented games or rpg's...

DutchIndy

OhioJones said:
How do you do that?

There are all kinds of flash cards and stuff (I'm not really good at the terminology, but you might want to google m3 or r4 in combination with DS)that allows you to play homebrew games on your ds. At www.scummvm.org you can doenload the scumm virtual machine for the ds! This allows you to play quite some cool LEC games with your stylus. Works pretty damn sweet too!

I'll see if I can give you some good links later.

D

ps
a demo!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=59eE_YAbiIk

DutchIndy

A metalman, I saw you gave one of the links I wanted to post already. :)

More info on

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Category:DS_Flash_Cards

I hear great stuff about the "supercard" and the "R4", I myself have a m3 lite (a little dated by now, but works fine)

Invader: That's a shame man... I bought a ds for the adventuregame-re-playability. Scummvm also works on the PSP and some mobile phones though! Although, playing with the stylus is simply amazing. :)