Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Spheres

Finn

Staff member
Short, yet kind of sweet (not to mention perhaps a little late).

There's a game-stopping bug by the way that occurs when you try to "use" the doorway to exit the room on the right side of the stairs, you'll just have to click somewhere around the hotspot to exit.

Last edited:

Trennas

Just played it and well, I won't spoil the surprise, but it's quite nice! Certainly brought me back to the days of old Atlantis a bit :)

metalinvader

Ah,Nostalgia.:cool:

Very cool little mini-game.It's a tad bit easy but I guess it was meant to be.Regardless,That was fun to play.Thanks for the link,Tingler!:hat:

Molorom

what the heck!

How do you play this?
It's impossible to finish. I've been playing it for an hour with no success.

Trennas

talk to shelley, make sure you take the option which sounds the rudest, things will go easy from there on out :p

Molorom

the game is still utterly impossibly to solve. She says look at the doors at the top, and there is nothing that can be used in either of them. Nothing is usable i don't know what the heck your talking about ive tried everything.

How can you guys even play these games?
I gave up on FOA after about 3 hours, and i was on the first section....

Finn

Staff member
Don't blame the game if you can't finish it. At least stop calling it "impossible to solve". It would be that if NONE of us could complete it, which is not the case.

Trennas

just payt more attention to your surroundings. look at everything you can look at, explore a bit, youll be fine. remember, its an adventure; its not supposed to be completely spelled out for you :p

The Tingler

Ahh, thinking in Indy games, I'm glad to see you again.

To be more specific, the right side of the main room has something different on it to the left side. Look at that. Now you have to try and subtly persuade Shelley to do something for you involving that. Everything should be obvious after this.

Professor Jones

This mini-game is a real joy for the eyes and for the heart... The christmasization of Indy has perfectly succeeded here... it is simply warm and classic Indy-style.

If the authors could keep these standards and release the FOY game someday, I'm sure it'll be a wonderful FOA sequel. I look forward to it.

Grizzlor

I don't mean to be harsh, but seriously, are they ever going to finish Fountain of Youth? I understand it's a lot of work and such, and obviously I'm not the one doing it, but either finish it or just quit already.

The Tingler

Well, considering they're not getting paid, their work currently looks and plays better than Fate of Atlantis, and we'll be getting it for free when it finally does come out, then I don't think you can really complain.

Grizzlor

I'm not complaining, and I don't want to be disrespectful to that team. I read the forum there, and they are working to get the first chapter playable by the end of the year, 2009. I applaud their perseverance, but this game seems like its another 2 or 3 years away, maybe more. I don't think I myself could work on something like that for that long. I would either go mad, or be too embarrassed and just end it. That's what usually happens with game mods, if it isn't doable in a year or two, they quit.

Too bad LucasArts couldn't pay these guys a little money, and have a worthwhile Indy game, not that LEGO nonsense where nobody is called a Nazi.

Professor Jones

I think that if only Lucasarts would spend a LITTLE (really little) money to realize something similar (in quality and in graphics/gameplay) to FOA they would collect a real success with a little effort.

Creating a new graphic adventure in the old-fashioned way (I mean no 3d, no strange gameplays) with serious artwork for the background and good actors for dubbing, would be a way to produce a game with a few money, sell it for a reasonable price and conquer for sure a part of the market (without losing much in case of failure).

I'm quite agree with Professor Jones on what he said about Lucasarts and Foy, however I'm quite sceptical about the success of such kind of games nowadays...I personally think that most of the videogamers prefer a fast game with lots of action (and violence) to an adventure good old-style game. So, beside the fan, I don't think that other guys will appreciate these kind of games...It would be wonderful to have an adventure with a new 3D interface with huge interactive levels to play (something like TESIV or Fallout3) but I think it would be a huge effort even for the Lucasarts (and their last Indygames are truly horrendous).

However the mini-game is magic!! Thanks to the FoY Team for their great work :whip: