Obama or Romney?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Don Quixote

Even though I can't vote, I'm pretty excited about the election. And because of Mourdock's screw-up, Obama is a shoo-in for the White House, in my opinion. But, what do you Raveners think? Romney or Obama?

Dr. Gonzo

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:southparkstudios.com:ef32bc60-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="360" height="293" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>

Finn

Staff member
Just as a gentle reminder

uC8DV.jpg

...as is the case with every political discussion (and heck, any discussion, TBH). Play nice, gang.

WilliamBoyd8

Who did Indiana Jones vote for in 1936, assuming that he voted?

Voting absentee in 1936 was possible in most states,
if Indy was out of the United States at the time of the election.

:)

Dr. Gonzo

WilliamBoyd8 said:
:)

Jones seems like he would lean to the left, taking into consideration his occupation and all.

Finn

Staff member
WilliamBoyd8 said:
There was a thread once that asked the question of Indy's possible party affiliation. As one might guess, it went all over the field, most likely because people liked to project their own preferences onto their hero.

Within such commenting meager amounts of single-mindedness was displayed and it also created quite some vitriol, which is why said thread is nowhere to be found anymore.

Not that I'm going to tell you to lid it, but I am saying that asking this question may be equivalent to taking an opener to a big can of worms.

What comes to the state of things in the present day, I do think the incumbent appears to have a minor edge, but as of yet nothing one could call safe. Have to say I'm happy to be watching it from afar though; this way following its developments is more of an entertaining reality show than a truly serious matter (though it doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for one side to win regardless).

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
San Francisco is voting whether to dismantle O'Shaughnessy Dam and drain Hetch Hetchy Reservoir...
Ful video here.

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
If you have a problem with vampires, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Abe-Team

I'm writing in Daniel Day-Lewis for president on the ballot. (y)
Even though he's an Irishman.

Le Saboteur

The math of the Electoral College doesn't favor Governor Romney. While it's theoretically possible for Romney to carry the day, the chances that he'll carry Colorado, Iowa, Nevada, or New Hampshire in addition to both Florida & Virginia are slim to none.

Without Ohio Romney doesn't achieve the White House.

Moedred said:
San Francisco is voting whether to dismantle O'Shaughnessy Dam and drain Hetch Hetchy Reservoir...

To be more accurate, this vote could ultimately lead to the complete draining of the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir, but this vote authorizes an $8-million feasibility study. If I'm not mistaken, the actual drainage vote would be in 2016.

In addition, the group said it should be made clear that this ballot measure merely requires a plan to be made; another vote in 2016 would be required before any action could be taken.

The full list of California's ballot measure as endorsed by The San Francisco Chronicle can be read here.

Full ballot measure can be read here.

Gear said:
Third party candidates still exist...

And they will never hold high office in this country until our political process is completely overhauled. Democracy is a participatory enterprise; you're going to get out of it exactly what you put into it, and for most people that's absolutely nothing. Hence the perpetual low voter turnout and apathy.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
To be more accurate, this vote could ultimately lead to the complete draining of the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir, but this vote authorizes an $8-million feasibility study. If I'm not mistaken, the actual drainage vote would be in 2016.
I knew you'd provide the specifics, Le Saboteur. I know some of the Restore Hetch Hetchy gang but could go either way on the issue.

I'm more excited about SB 435 which will quiet California motorcycles starting January 1. Signed by biker Schwarzenegger. Peace at last!

I Don Quixote

Finn said:
uC8DV.jpg

...as is the case with every political discussion (and heck, any discussion, TBH). Play nice, gang.
Thank you for the reminder Finn. I'll play as nice as I can, but when it comes to politics, I can get a bit heated.

Stoo

Donna Quixote said:
Even though I can't vote, I'm pretty excited about the election.
Upon first seeing your thread title, I wondered: Which election?:confused: (The election in the Ukraine? It didn't specify...)

Then I realized:
Oh, O.K. the one in the States. Yes, that one...I've heard about that thing.

Afterwards, I understood what this thread was all about: "Getting geared up for the election". Pardon me but dressing up in Indiana Jones 'gear' on Voting Day is not only weird but it's useless.:p

I Don Quixote

No, this thread isn't about dressing up as Indy to vote for Obama. I want honest opinions. Unless you were joking (haha), I have no idea where you got that idea.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Upon first seeing your thread title, I wondered: Which election?:confused: (The election in the Ukraine? It didn't specify...)

Then I realized:
Oh, O.K. the one in the States. Yes, that one...I've heard about that thing.

Afterwards, I understood what this thread was all about: "Getting geared up for the election". Pardon me but dressing up in Indiana Jones 'gear' on Voting Day is not only weird but it's useless.:p

I don't see the point in getting geared up. My car already has 5 gears it really doesn't need anymore.

Is a country that unpopular that it needs to have an election? It's just ripping of American Idol and I'm sure at one point it will be cancelled because no-one is really watching as the contestants seem to be singing the same songs as each other every year.

Stoo

I said:
No, this thread isn't about dressing up as Indy to vote for Obama. I want honest opinions. Unless you were joking (haha), I have no idea where you got that idea.
Just joking about the dressing-up bit, Donna!:p Getting involved in political discussions at The Raven is ALWAYS something I try to avoid. However...it always give me a chuckle how my U.S. friends project their predicament as some kind of global question.

I have plenty of RELATIVES & friends in the States who I LOVE, dearly...but, before voting:

For all our dear, U.S. Citizens who are able to vote:
Here are some words from one of the greatest American rock bands to arise in the past 20 years.

GREEN DAY

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3XlqudTC--I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
uC8DV.jpg

And how am I a man, Finn???? :p

On topic, one thing I will say it's been surprising how much press it's got here. They've aired the conventions and debates, even though we have no say, coz we ain't America. It's more than previous American elections usually get. It's like it's somehow more controversial or something.

Finn

Staff member
Violet said:
And how am I a man, Finn????
That's kind of an unfair question to answer, given how we haven't had a chance to play doctor yet.

But don't worry, I guess I'm willing to grant you the benefit of doubt. You could simply be a rather manly girl.