Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny Fangame...

Spoon_One

Hello Fellow Raveners!

Although I didn't post anything before(under this alias), I've been reading posts here regular.

The reason for this post. I worked on Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny Fangame (together with Vladimir)
We already have a working demo (check: http://www.theindyexperience.com -> fan work -> fan games )

but unfortunatly because of circumstances(school, work, social life, loss of motivation) we decided to abandon the project.

But maybe all the hours of work are not wasted, for we made the game using the (excellent) sludge gaming engine (www.hungrysoftware.com). If there is someone who would like to make an FoA style indy game, the code we wrote for the engine is perfect. And what is even better, you don't have to know anything about coding or programming! In fact, I myself, who did the coding, didn't (and still don't)know anything about making a program. All I learned is how I have to use Sludge, which isn't that difficult...

So if someone is interesting in making a FoA style game, we can help a lot. I can make a big zipfile out of the whole project(delete tempfiles wich are scattered troughout the folders used in the game), but it will take a lot of time. I am willing to do that, so everyone, not just proffesional programmers, can make an Indiana Jones game with little pain.

However if no-one is interested I will just burn the whole project on CD, delete it from my harddisk and "maybe over a thousand years even the project could be worth something."

Again I say: It is a very easy way to make an Indy game(FoA style) and you even may continue our little storyline, and use some gameparts we already made, but never released. Ofcourse you can alter anything you want, so if you want to learn how it works, you could start on altering the demo. Also an entire new story is possible, and you can alter the every aspect imaginable.
truly 'Anything Goes!"

I just hope someone can use the project we made, so not all of our work is for nothing.

Feel free to ask anything concerning this.(or concerning anything else...)(There will probably be a lot to ask with posts like this...)

TwqPier

"I selling these fine leather jackets, you darwinian nightmare!" ~ Dr Jones Jr.

IndyB007

Hey, I'm very interested in toying with making an Indiana Jones game.. maybe I could make a Raiders game... I did that once with ZZT. Does anyone remember that old anscii game ZZT? It was quite fun, but yeah.. you have intrigued me once again in making another Indy game based on Raiders of the Lost Ark......

VP

Moderator Emeritus
As I said before the crash, kettuz and I are very interested. Have you already sent the zipfile to indyproject@ketunkolo.net?

pigeon

Again I say: It is a very easy way to make an Indy game(FoA style) and you even may continue our little storyline, and use some gameparts we already made, but never released. Ofcourse you can alter anything you want, so if you want to learn how it works, you could start on altering the demo. Also an entire new story is possible, and you can alter the every aspect imaginable.
truly 'Anything Goes!"

I just hope someone can use the project we made, so not all of our work is for nothing.

Feel free to ask anything concerning this.(or concerning anything else...)(There will probably be a lot to ask with posts like this...)

I'm absolutely interested in helping or continuing what you've got, and I'm quite sure a number of people will, too.

Why don't we somehow come together and continue with the game?

kettuz

Well, we have been waiting many weeks for Spoon_One to come back and reply... He were supposed to send the game to me as soon as he had enough time. It seems that either he is too busy or he doesn't know that these forums have come back up again.

But I welcome you to our group, Pigeon. :)

Spoon_One

Then here I am.
I know it's been many weeks, but I AM currently very VERY busy. It's motivating, however, to read that there are still people interested. Thanks for that.
But also I want to ask a little more patience, because it could take another week or two.
I am working on it, so again: please be patient.

Thanks.

TwqPier

ps. what's your email again; apperently it was lost when the theRaven server went down...

kettuz

Okay, I have new email address (this time 2gb big ;) )

emailadress@removed

It's good to know you're still alive, Spoon_One :)
There is no hurry, I'm too quite busy at the moment with writing roles for my next LARP.

-Kettuz

EDIT:
E-mail address removed, mail already received.

[Edited by kettuz on 10-22-2003 at 03:04 am]

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well, you said it could take another week or two. Now it's four weeks, and nothing has happened. Could you <i>please</i> get some time and send it to kettuz's email box? We have waited for almost two months, and I'm getting angry.

Spoon_One

Well now all of you can see WHY I stopped with this game...

But no worries though, I'll upload the whole thing in a couple of minutes, and then it's out of my hands.

So long.

ow and for any questions, please adress theRaven, though I am not posting often, I read the forums.

Spoon_One,
TwqPier

kettuz

Spoon_One, please forgive my cousin (VP). He isn't always patient enough. Thank you for your trouble with this game, we'll for sure give credits to you when we (hopefully) get this game finished. :)

-Kettuz

VP

Moderator Emeritus
<big><b>What?!?!? </b></big>I'm not patient enough? Grrr, you nasty son of a b****, prepare to feel my WRATH!!

;)

Ok, so I wasn't patient. But it has been looooooooooong weeks waiting for the game and the DVD's..... :D

Spoon_One

You did get the kit? Can you please send it to theRaider.net, so maybe they can place the file at their website, so the file will be available for more people.
thanks.

alright, how to make the backgrounds
------------------------------------

Well that is the real problem, you have to make them manually, and it is not easy to do so. The best thing is just to look at http://www.amberfisharts.com/.
This is a site where a indy-FoA style fangame is being created(it looks very promising) and there are some great tutorials.

Spoonie.... :D

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I already knew that site and many others, so it wasn't very helpful.... but thanks anyway :).

Well, maybe I can put it online... I have to ask Kettuz.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, download it <a href="ftp://furpile.com/heikki/kit.exe">here</a>. It might come to TheRaider.net.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
BTW, Spoonie, you haven't told us the story. Could you mail it to indyville@hotmail.com?

Spoon_One

Hey,

About the story.
We decided not to first write a whole static script or story because we thought that It would be more fun and also more unpredictable if we let everything just ?find there way.?
Therefor the ?how? is not yet decided.We basically had something though, and that goes as I described in the mail I sent.

TwqPier

PS. Did anyone ever managed to get the flag raised in Cadiz...?? Cause that is the end of the part we made.

kettuz

We are progressing as steadily as you were just before giving the game to us :(

In other words, unfortunately we haven't been able yet to do even a single thing to it. Mainly because of lack of time and leaving of our artist... So, we'll inform as soon as we get to do it. :)

EDIT: Damn those typos...