Which team will win Super Bowl XLII?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monkey

The Patriots will win, because they are the better team.

Hats off to the Giants. They kick ass, and I actually predicted that they would be in the Superbowl after they played such a great game against the Patriots in the final week of the regular season.

But I just think that the Patriots are better.

metalinvader

PATS! (Hey I'm from New England,What can I say!) Better team all around.It's going to be one close game and it wouldn't shock me to see the Pats stumble...It's happened before.

metalinvader

IndySeven said:
Go Giants! Those Patriots need to be taught a lesson that they'll never forget!:whip:

Those sound like fighting words to me!;) :p

This has been one hell of a year for New England sports fans..First the Sox and now the Pats...

IndySeven

metalinvader said:
Those sound like fighting words to me!;) :p

This has been one hell of a year for New England sports fans..First the Sox and now the Pats...

Red Sox? Go Yankees! But that's another argument for another day.:)

metalinvader

IndySeven said:
Red Soxs? Go Yankees! But that's another argument for another day.:)

lol..Right,right..Another day and a thread I hope I never see here...There is nothing worse then a Sox vs.Yankees discussion!:p

roundshort

If the Giants Secondary plays a touch better, I really think they can beat the Pats. If you can put Brady in the dirt (think Ravens game) you can rattle him. I say the Giants, with the line.

Goodsport

Preparations for Super Bowl XLII?

With less than a week to go, I'm preparing for my eighth-annual Super Bowl Eve viewing of Any Given Sunday on DVD before watching the Big Game this Sunday in HD, even though I have no particular rooting interest for either team. :D

So for those of you who are looking forward to watching Super Bowl XLII, how are you preparing for the game, both the day before and the day of? :confused:

-G

Goodsport

Which team should I root for in this game? :confused:

Reason for me to root for the New England Patriots:
It'd be interesting to see a team go 19-0-0 for the first time in NFL history, and Tom Brady is a local Bay Area guy (San Mateo) who grew up attending San Francisco 49ers games and was a big fan of Joe Montana.

Reason for me to root for the New York Giants:
New York represents the same Conference (NFC) as my San Francisco 49ers.

-G

WhipItGood

It's possible the Giants could step up their game another notch, but I'm not sure they can pull that off. The Pats can be vulnerable and I certainly don't see them covering the spread, but then again they've pullled out close victories every time this season.

In any case, I'd have much preferred NE vs. GB.

ReggieSnake

Yeah, I wish the Packs had made it. This hasn't been my year- I'm a Yankees fan too.;) (Joba's going to make it big this year; I'm excited for March...different topic)

I think the Pats are going to blow the Giants away, we'll see though; the NY has made it this far...

Ska

Goodsport said:
Reason for me to root for the New York Giants:
New York represents the same Conference (NFC) as my San Francisco 49ers.

-G

Wouldn't this also be a reason to root for the Pats?

I'm a huge Steelers fan, and I'd hate to see the Brownies, Ravens, or Bungles win the SB.

roundshort

SKAbatula said:
Wouldn't this also be a reason to root for the Pats?

I'm a huge Steelers fan, and I'd hate to see the Brownies, Ravens, or Bungles win the SB.

Ska, spoken like a man after my own heart! We are lucky that we will NEVER have to worry about the Browns, Bungels, ratbirds winning XL. Of course if we don't get an O-line we don't have to worry about the Steelers doing it either.

I think if that AWESOME Giants pass rush can stuff the run off the corners, and put Brady in the dirt they will win, unless Eli screws up and throws 15 picks

NamedAfterDaDog

The Giants just kicked some a**. It was a totally defensive game, and it relied on the passing ability and how well the DB's could cover in the last quarter.
I was rooting for the Packers originally, but I (sorry to Pat fans) hate the Patriots, so I chose Giants from the beginning. Great job, Eli, and hats off to the rest of the Ol' Giants. And the Patriots played a very close, neck to neck, tow to two point blank game. They gave them all they got till the end, but it was just one of those times where you tripped on the shoelace at the finish line. So hats off to both teams. Although Manning is now my new hero.

Again, sorry to the fans, but the looks on Tom Brady's and Randy Moss's faces at the end were priceless. :D